Thread: The Seattle Kraken

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: The Seattle Kraken

And now neither can we LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I think this is one of those names I dislike now but it will grow on me. I didn't like Minnesota Wild either but now I think it's kind of unique and interesting.
    The Wild also have the most underrated logo in the NHL in my opinion (as a person who designs logos for a living). I hate their colors though and I think they hurt what would otherwise be an awesome name/logo/brand. I think the name deserves something bolder and brighter than their bland green/red combo...

wild-colors.jpg
    wild-colors-2.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Very nice logo , good job Seattle 👌

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Has anyone seen the away jersey? Wysh is reporting that their colors will have no white, which stands to reason their away jersey will be the light blue color rather than white. If that's true, I am all the way in #BanWhiteJerseys

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Has anyone seen the away jersey? Wysh is reporting that their colors will have no white, which stands to reason their away jersey will be the light blue color rather than white. If that's true, I am all the way in #BanWhiteJerseys
    Unsure if this is official:

Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

I think it is. All the sads.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

In the interview with Francis they showed the away jerseys and they looked to be white... but maybe they will be a light blue. That would be cool.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

I really thought they missed the boat by not calling them the Seattle Washington Redskins.

I think the name and logo are both fair but nothing too special. The anchor/space needle as the main logo with the tentacle wrapped around it would have been a bolder design. I think it's a bit gimmicky and would have preferred to see the Sockeyes. We now have to listen to Krakheads and the Krakhouse puns.

Someone on twitter posted a pick of the current Wild logo on the old North Stars jerseys and it rocked! They need to do this.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Administrator

I can't get all the way there. There are teams for whom white makes plenty of sense. For instance, the Leafs have only two colours, so having white kits is suitable.

The Jets whose fans do the whiteout should have white home sweaters.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I can't get all the way there. There are teams for whom white makes plenty of sense. For instance, the Leafs have only two colours, so having white kits is suitable.

I'll allow it in certain situations. But in general, be done with them.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Someone on twitter posted a pick of the current Wild logo on the old North Stars jerseys and it rocked! They need to do this.
    Yes!!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I though the benefit of the whiteoot was to match the away teams jerseys so they camouflaged in and couldn't see where their teammates are...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Pro

The Blackhawks' whites have always been my favourite jersey.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I think the name and logo are both fair but nothing too special. The anchor/space needle as the main logo with the tentacle wrapped around it would have been a bolder design.
    If you believe Google, Seattle's Space Needle is privately owned. So they couldn't use that logo. I recall from my early years that the Blue Jays wanted to be called the Toronto Towers (with a CN Tower as part of the logo) - and they couldn't do this.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I just jumped in here. I didn't read the replies but was just wondering what the f**k is a 'Kraken'?? Am I supposed to know?? I honestly can say that i've never heard that word before except maybe for 'Ernie McCraken" from the movie Kingpin. If I didn't see the spelling, I would have thought that it maybe had something to do with eggs. Like, 'get Craken'. This sounds dumber than the 'Redblacks'.