Thread: GMs without a contracts next year

Dobber Sports Expert

Default GMs without a contracts next year

Got this idea Friedmann

GMs without contracts for next season (that we know of): Jim Benning, Chuck Fletcher, Ken Holland and Lou Lamoriello ? although I believe Brian MacLellan is on this list, too.

Armstrong got a nice extension but what about these guys. Do Lou & Kenny retire? Has Benning done enough to procure a little more Time?
    Is it a great playoff run only(Maybe even a cup for Washington) that save Chuck & Brian?

Could you see any others getting the boot?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: GMs without a contracts next year

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Got this idea Friedmann

GMs without contracts for next season (that we know of): Jim Benning, Chuck Fletcher, Ken Holland and Lou Lamoriello ? although I believe Brian MacLellan is on this list, too.

Armstrong got a nice extension but what about these guys. Do Lou & Kenny retire? Has Benning done enough to procure a little more Time?
    Is it a great playoff run only(Maybe even a cup for Washington) that save Chuck & Brian?

Could you see any others getting the boot?
    With the way Van has drafted and the last few trades he's made... Benning gets re-upped.

The plan in Tor all along has been for Lou to step back from the GM role and let Dubas take over.I fully expect that to occur, but also expect Lou to stick around in some advisory capacity.

Fletcher who knows? I can see Holland moving on from Det. Perhaps he 'retires' or takes a step back and awaits the Seattle job.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

There was a time Ken Holland was considered one of the better GMs in the game. I think his time in Detroit has passed and he needs to move on. More so the Wings need a change. That team is bad and Holland is the reason why. Why he kept re-signing some of those old dogs year after year is beyond me. He's the only one on that list that needs to move on IMO.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    With the way Van has drafted and the last few trades he's made... Benning gets re-upped.

The plan in Tor all along has been for Lou to step back from the GM role and let Dubas take over.I fully expect that to occur, but also expect Lou to stick around in some advisory capacity.

Fletcher who knows? I can see Holland moving on from Det. Perhaps he 'retires' or takes a step back and awaits the Seattle job.
    It seems to make sense that Dubas was being groomed all along to take over the Lou. My question is "what happens to Mark Hunter?

Banning yeah but don't extend too long.
    Agree about Holland.
    And I really wouldn't be surprised if Fletcher(& Gabby) is gone if Minny has an early exit. BM too

Dobber Sports Jedi

It seems to make sense that Dubas was being groomed all along to take over the Lou. My question is "what happens to Mark Hunter?

Banning yeah but don't extend too long.
    Agree about Holland.
    And I really wouldn't be surprised if Fletcher(& Gabby) is gone if Minny has an early exit. BM too
    When Lou was hired, he said in the press conference that if Dubas isn't the GM at the end of his 3 year contract - it won't be his fault. Basically saying he's here to purely groom him. I would suspect that Hunter would move into an AGM role and keep control of all the drafting and add the Marlies to his duties. This guy's a prospect finding stud magnet. We want him to stay in the fold.

Yeah, I can see a short deal for Benning, 2yrs is my guess. A further extension will be based largely in part on how this team transitions away from Hank, Dank & Edler. They obviously have figured out the drafting part... their development program needs improvements. Who's come from the Comets that has made a huge impact to date? Horvat, Boeser, never played there. Demko hasn't made a jump. Those will be two key pieces for Benning moving forward

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    When Lou was hired, he said in the press conference that if Dubas isn't the GM at the end of his 3 year contract - it won't be his fault. Basically saying he's here to purely groom him. I would suspect that Hunter would move into an AGM role and keep control of all the drafting and add the Marlies to his duties. This guy's a prospect finding stud magnet. We want him to stay in the fold.

Yeah, I can see a short deal for Benning, 2yrs is my guess. A further extension will be based largely in part on how this team transitions away from Hank, Dank & Edler. They obviously have figured out the drafting part... their development program needs improvements. Who's come from the Comets that has made a huge impact to date? Horvat, Boeser, never played there. Demko hasn't made a jump. Those will be two key pieces for Benning moving forward
    Yeah I sure hope Hunter stays. Might look or be enticed by another team.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Yeah I sure hope Hunter stays. Might look or be enticed by another team.
    being part owner of the Knights and in close proximity might be factors for him to stay... unless the Det job opens up