Thread: Who to drop will rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Who to drop will rep

Dubnyk coming back soon, will need to drop a skater. I am convinced( unless someone makes a good case) that I am better off going with 4 D instead of dropping Zibs, Rakell, or a hot C. Smith.

who to drop? What do you say?
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Who to drop will rep

You will lose games played each day you only carry 4 D. And Craig Smith is your drop IMO. He's injured.

Dobber Sports Ace

drop smith
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Sage

Smith for me as well.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    You will lose games played each day you only carry 4 D. And Craig Smith is your drop IMO. He's injured.
    If I can play every forward, how do I loose games? Good Dman will never out score a good O man. Will Shattenkirk out score Smith? Out shoot him?
    Help me understand the above statement.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

Until(s1)

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    If I can play every forward, how do I loose games? Good Dman will never out score a good O man. Will Shattenkirk out score Smith? Out shoot him?
    actually yeah.. shatty will outscore Smith, they both have 22pts now.. one has been over 40pts for 5 years in a row.. the other, twice. Shatty had 55 last year, smith - 29.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post

1. "If I can play every forward, how do I lose games?"

A. I don't think you can play every forward. You have 13 forwards, and start 9 with a utility, assuming (s3) means start 3. 13 is more than 10 max slots you have daily for forwards. If you have only 4 defenders, you need them to play every day of the season with daily starts or you will lose game played opportunities. Having 12 forwards & 5 defenders gives you a much higher chance of filling the 9/4/1 Forward/Defense/Utility spots you have. If 5 defenders play the same day, you can run one in your utility spot, if you have only 9 forwards.

2. "Good Dman will never out score a good O man. Will Shattenkirk out score Smith?"
    This is patently false. How many good forwards were there last year by this reasoning? Exactly 8, because Brent Burns was 9th in scoring. If your statement is true, none of the other forwards can be good. Of the forwards you kept, zero outscored Burns.

As lucafen pointed out, Shattenkirk has outscored Smith recently. Smith outscored Shattenkirk in 2013-14 when Smith had his career year so far with 52 points to Shattenkirk's 45. Shattenkirk wins every other year, with winning the one year they are tied in scoring by doing it in fewer games.

I almost forgot, another vote to drop Smith.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have to agree. For me, Smith has lowest value. I think people are steering you the right way here.
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Eichel, Gaudreau, M Tkachuk, E Lindholm, Rob Thomas, Hischier
    D: S Jones, Werenski, DeAngelo, Hamilton
    G: Husso, Raanta

*** ONE YEAR - POINTS ONLY *** skaters: 1pt/G, 1pt/A. goalies: 2pt/win, 2pt/SO *** 12 teams
    MUST HAVE -- 8F, 4D, 2G --- (******Can only swap at same position, F, D, G ********)
    10 ACQUISITIONS TOTAL ON THE YEAR (**I've used NINE of them - ONE LEFT**) *** NO BENCH - NO IR - NO TRADES BETWEEN MEMBERS ***

Dobber Sports Deity

Yep, Smith is your choice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    1. "If I can play every forward, how do I lose games?"

A. I don't think you can play every forward. You have 13 forwards, and start 9 with a utility, assuming (s3) means start 3. 13 is more than 10 max slots you have daily for forwards. If you have only 4 defenders, you need them to play every day of the season with daily starts or you will lose game played opportunities. Having 12 forwards & 5 defenders gives you a much higher chance of filling the 9/4/1 Forward/Defense/Utility spots you have. If 5 defenders play the same day, you can run one in your utility spot, if you have only 9 forwards.

2. "Good Dman will never out score a good O man. Will Shattenkirk out score Smith?"
    This is patently false. How many good forwards were there last year by this reasoning? Exactly 8, because Brent Burns was 9th in scoring. If your statement is true, none of the other forwards can be good. Of the forwards you kept, zero outscored Burns.

As lucafen pointed out, Shattenkirk has outscored Smith recently. Smith outscored Shattenkirk in 2013-14 when Smith had his career year so far with 52 points to Shattenkirk's 45. Shattenkirk wins every other year, with winning the one year they are tied in scoring by doing it in fewer games.

I almost forgot, another vote to drop Smith.
    First thank you for the response.
    1. I can play all,of my forwards, because it is a daily lineup set, so if my players are playing on different nights, I can.
    2. On the waiver wire (I wasn't very clear) I can get always get a higher scoring forward than defense men

However thank you for schooling me on Shattenkirk and Smith.

Repped all I could.

Until(s1)

IR Ehlers, Hall