Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theories! Post'em

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Conspiracy Theories! Post'em

Everyone's got one about something.... post'em! This should make for some interesting topics and conversations.

JFK; 9/11; Trump, ISIS, Bettman vs. Canada.. -- be respectful
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Conspiracy Theories! Post'em

E. Karlsson has been subbing in for W. Karlsson most of the season. Trying out forward position and possible re-signing destination in Vegas.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

Here's one... after the unexplained mass shootings in Vegas and Texas... just what if... what if?! There was a secret society/domestic terrorist cell in the USA -- that randomly taps members to conduct these exact acts? In the void of other explanations... the mind goes wandering.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    E. Karlsson has been subbing in for W. Karlsson most of the season. Trying out forward position and possible re-signing destination in Vegas.
    Lol good one. Would make sense ... they both got long hair :P

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Here's one... after the unexplained mass shootings in Vegas and Texas... just what if... what if?! There was a secret society/domestic terrorist cell in the USA -- that randomly taps members to conduct these exact acts? In the void of other explanations... the mind goes wandering.
    Not the first time I've heard this

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'll keep it on the slightly lighter side of things:

Michael Jordan did not retire from the NBA, he was suspended because he had a gambling habit that got out of control. Not wanting to have the face of the NBA and icon fall into a Pete Rose-esque scandal and fight the NBA commissioner, David Stern, quietly went to Jordan and hatched a plan that would allow Jordan to serve a suspension without admitting it was a suspension. Thus, Jordan announced his intention to attempt to make it as a professional baseball player. Wanting to keep an eye on his greatest asset and make sure Jordan got his gambling habit somewhat under control the owner of the Bulls, Jerry Reinsdorf, had Jordan signed to the baseball team he owned, the Chicago White Sox, and had several employees of the White Sox assigned to watch Jordan 24/7.

After serving his 2-year suspension David Stern quietly allowed Jordan to return to the NBA. Jordan sent out a two-word press release "I'm Back" and 3 more titles later everyone forgets that time that the most popular and famous athlete in the world at the time, and arguably the greatest basketball player ever, was removed from the league for off court issues.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Demi-God

My big conspiracy theory from 2014 was that the Florida Panthers owners would look to re-locate.
    In 2015, Panthers ownership did use the threat of claiming bankruptcy toward a threat of re-location to pilfer subsidies from Broward county commissioner vote in that following year, 2015.
    Good summation of those events in later fall/winter 2015 can be read here.
    [FWIW - Viola is the guy that Trump originally nominated for Secretary of the Army.]

The Panthers are still in Florida for the time being... at least through year 9 of the lease extension they got.
    With the valuations of hockey clubs skyrocketing... the team may still bolt (pun intended) in 2023.
    So I'll hold my conspiracy theory that the team is still long-term-south-Florida-toast.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post

Michael Jordan did not retire from the NBA, he was suspended because he had a gambling habit that got out of control. Not wanting to have the face of the NBA and icon fall into a Pete Rose-esque scandal and fight the NBA commissioner, David Stern, quietly went to Jordan and hatched a plan that would allow Jordan to serve a suspension without admitting it was a suspension. Thus, Jordan announced his intention to attempt to make it as a professional baseball player. Wanting to keep an eye on his greatest asset and make sure Jordan got his gambling habit somewhat under control the owner of the Bulls, Jerry Reinsdorf, had Jordan signed to the baseball team he owned, the Chicago White Sox, and had several employees of the White Sox assigned to watch Jordan 24/7.

After serving his 2-year suspension David Stern quietly allowed Jordan to return to the NBA. Jordan sent out a two-word press release "I'm Back" and 3 more titles later everyone forgets that time that the most popular and famous athlete in the world at the time, and arguably the greatest basketball player ever, was removed from the league for off court issues.
    ^ I'm sure this is true.

Here's a good one to kinda make a 2017 movie less worthy to watch:
    In 1973, professional tennis player and hustler Bobby Riggs challenged women’s tennis legend Billie Jean King to a "Battle of the Sexes" match, the implied meaning of which was to sort out whether or not the best female player in the world could keep up with a decent male player.

King ended up dismantling Riggs, and some believed Riggs had bet against himself and purposely let the match get away from him.

This is Most likely true. Riggs had challenged Margaret Court—then the No. 1 female tennis player in the world—to another man versus woman match prior to his showdown with King and had won easily.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post

LawMan not sure if you realize this but this isn't really a theory, it's basically all true!
    And, to build on it in a more serious tone.... I live in Chicago and my good friend's father was a vice cop here for a long time. He said that the police force in Chicago was about 99% sure that Jordan's dad was killed because of unpaid gambling debt's that MJ had.

Dobber Sports Deity

My conspiracy theory:

There's a cure for a lot of the different cancers out there but the organization's won't release the cure because that would affect their fund-raising. If people believe there's a cure they will stop donating.

How much money each and every year goes towards cancer research? A LOT!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My conspiracy theory:

There's a cure for a lot of the different cancers out there but the organization's won't release the cure because that would affect their fund-raising. If people believe there's a cure they will stop donating.

Piggy backing this... is that pharmaceuticals created cancer - have the cure, but the disease is so profitable, they keep the cure hidden. Money rules all.

Dobber Sports Deity

I know it's a touchy subject but I do believe it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Has anyone heard of the Avril Lavigne conspiracy? It actually makes a fairly good deal of sense.
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

Dobber Sports Titan

I almost forgot about the 1985 NBA draft and the Frozen envelope theory to get Ewing to the Knicks.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 0PucksGiven View Post
    Has anyone heard of the Avril Lavigne conspiracy? It actually makes a fairly good deal of sense.
    do explain

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My conspiracy theory:

I have thought about this and have heard it before and think that it makes a lot of sense.

Two thoughts always come to mind

1) The people that are working in these facilities... they realize that they are working on a great cause and you think that if there was a cure that someone would be good-hearted enough to tell the truth about the cure.... or at least leak it to the media.

2) Yes, there is a lot of money being received to try and find the cure.... but how much money is there in being the first to find the cure and to provide it to the cancer community... there is probably some money in that for sure.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​