Thread: My Klefbom and Ehlers for his OEL and W.Karlsson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default My Klefbom and Ehlers for his OEL and W.Karlsson

Points only keeper league with salary cap
    Does this trade help me this year and beyond?
    I know Ehlers>Karlsson, but the salary difference will very probably be significant next year (6m vs possible bridge deal)

Would you do this deal? Thanks!
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: My Klefbom and Ehlers for his OEL and W.Karlsson

I would try and get more, Karlsson is not proven yet(even though IMO he is skating too many PP minutes not to be relevant for this season at least) but OEL is better then Klefbom so it's not a bad offer. how close are you to the cap?
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Padawan

With this trade I'd be right up there.. thing is, next year i don't think i would keep Ehlers because i don't think he's worth 6m in my league setup

Dobber Sports Deity

This is a tough one when salaries come into play. I like the Klefbom/Ehlers side more long term, and it depends on how your league values contracts. I do think Ehlers at $6M per season is not a bad price to pay for what he offers, and will offer long term. Klefbom is already on a bit of a bargain contract "when" he contributes like he did last season.

Karlsson is in the last year of his current deal too and if he keeps producing the way he is, he's going to get a rock solid raise himself. I'd be more worried about Karlsson's next deal than Ehlers'. I am not sure that Karlsson will live up to the value of his next contract.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This is a tough one when salaries come into play. I like the Klefbom/Ehlers side more long term, and it depends on how your league values contracts. I do think Ehlers at $6M per season is not a bad price to pay for what he offers, and will offer long term. Klefbom is already on a bit of a bargain contract "when" he contributes like he did last season.

Karlsson is in the last year of his current deal too and if he keeps producing the way he is, he's going to get a rock solid raise himself. I'd be more worried about Karlsson's next deal than Ehlers'. I am not sure that Karlsson will live up to the value of his next contract.
    I'm not as worried about Karlsson's contract than OEL's value vs Klefbom's... Don't you see OEL out producing Klefbom by 10-15 points every year?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by masterjeff View Post
    I'm not as worried about Karlsson's contract than OEL's value vs Klefbom's... Don't you see OEL out producing Klefbom by 10-15 points every year?
    That's probably fair enough, but honestly, I see Ehlers outproducing Karlsson by that or more. Karlsson can't sustain his current pace, so he will slow. Ehlers looks like he could maintain his and he has room to grow being in only his 2nd year. Klefbom should also see an uptick as the season goes on and you have to figure Edmonton will figure things out eventually. How do you go from the conference finals to the lottery? I think I stick with what you have.

Oh, and I agree with Axeman above, that Ehlers at $6 mil will probably be good. OEL and Karlsson contracts scare me a bit. Depends where OEL ends up.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    That's probably fair enough, but honestly, I see Ehlers outproducing Karlsson by that or more. Karlsson can't sustain his current pace, so he will slow. Ehlers looks like he could maintain his and he has room to grow being in only his 2nd year. Klefbom should also see an uptick as the season goes on and you have to figure Edmonton will figure things out eventually. How do you go from the conference finals to the lottery? I think I stick with what you have.

Oh, and I agree with Axeman above, that Ehlers at $6 mil will probably be good. OEL and Karlsson contracts scare me a bit. Depends where OEL ends up.
    And if i would change the Ehlers vs Karlsson to my Zucker vs his Schmaltz?

Dobber Sports Deity

Every year? Hard to say. But I do think they should be close a lot of seasons too.

And you should be worried about Karlssons contract. I dont think the value will be there if he keeps up this pace this year.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

So you are saying Klefbom and Zucker for OEL and Schmaltz? I am assuming it's Nick Schmaltz you are referring to and not his brother Jordan.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So you are saying Klefbom and Zucker for OEL and Schmaltz? I am assuming it's Nick Schmaltz you are referring to and not his brother Jordan.
    Yes Nick Schmaltz

If only Klefbom would give me something ..anything to give me hope.. arrggghh

Dobber Sports Superstar

That brings it a lot closer. Zucker's overperforming right now, so he's a good sell high, I figure he's probably 60 points. It's harder to know what Schmaltz is going to be though, but I feel like he should be on par with Zucker.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    That brings it a lot closer. Zucker's overperforming right now, so he's a good sell high, I figure he's probably 60 points. It's harder to know what Schmaltz is going to be though, but I feel like he should be on par with Zucker.
    The appeal here is the Schmaltz contrat at 1.5 for another year..

Dobber Sports Deity

Yes Nick Schmaltz

If only Klefbom would give me something ..anything to give me hope.. arrggghh
    I like that deal for you. Zucker is also in the last year of his current contract and definitely playing for a new deal this year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

the switch to Zucker/Schmaltz... I like the deal a lot more now... I'd pull the trigger on that one
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Schmaltz will be good, I like the deal for you
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren