Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Holtby Needs a SO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Holtby Needs a SO

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I figure that Win Shutout Assist works best since it is actually attainable at a rate that makes it rare but doable, like a skaters Hat Trick. Goals and fights for Gs are so random and unattainable that they don't happen for most in their entire careers.
    Oh, I agree, but figured I'd check. Wanted to see if we could find a Gordie Howe hat trick version, so I went the #1 candidate. If you lead in goals scored and PIM among goalies you are the guy to start with.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

I remember Mike Smith had a goal a few years back, did he get a shutty that night?

Dobber Sports Ace

without starting a new thread, what to hell is up with Holtby?

I kept him because the playoff turnaround and departure of Gruby seemed to paint a rosy 2019 on deck. I understand the Cup hangover and coaching change, but those are team factors, and the team is playing fairly well - except Holtby. Was it really Schmidt and Alzner leaving that is doing this??? Anyone have any other ideas? Will this get better, or should I look to move on after Holtby wins a couple in a row?
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Holtby has been terrible in the regular season for much longer than the short snippet of the current one. His stats last year since the all-star break: 18 gp, 9 wins, .887 SV%.

Of course, the playoffs showed that he is still a top goalie. So what is the problem? Defence too casual in front of him in the regular season? He had .922 SV% in 23 games in the playoffs so he seems to still have it. I don't know what to expect of him going forward, to be honest. But every time he plays, I don't trust him anymore. If I could move him for another top tier goalie, I would. Wait until he has a hot streak and see what you can get for him.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.