Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Contentious Trade-Savvy or Ridonkulous?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Contentious Trade-Savvy or Ridonkulous?

For the record Emu, I wouldn't have had any issues with what you've done here. I'm more referring to other types of loopholes that people try to exploit. Went off topic, my bad.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it really depends on what you can offer & the level of prospect system. A team might be floating with I'll just toss out six names Ovechkin, Eichel, Stamkos, Josi, Andersen, Benn -- as their six keepers. They may have then drafted Schwartz & Nylander in the seasons draft.

If another owner approaches saying, I'll give you Hischier & #2 overall (Svechnikov/Granlund level player) for Eichel... you might do that deal as you get two really high level prospects and can sub in either Schwartz or Nylander as your sixth keeper.

The addition of picks and prospects - especially contributing, blue-chip prospects can usually pry a high end keeper away from a top team that has depth & sees Hischier as essentially a free 7th keeper & the #2 O/A pick as a huge boost moving into the next season.

Other method is to strike at a weak team that has only a couple grade A keepers. You can attempt to exploit this by offering two B+ players to nab the A player giving them better top 6 depth. In the two limited keepers I have been in over the past 3yrs, each league usually averages between 10 & 15 trades pre-draft
    If their league has a farm system, then that's a different story for sure. But I haven't read anything about this league having a farm system - just that it's a keep 6 league - so I assumed it's just a keep 6 league and everyone else would be available for re-draft. If prospects can be kept for free without using one of the 6 keeper spots, then that's would change everything here.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    For the record Emu, I wouldn't have had any issues with what you've done here. I'm more referring to other types of loopholes that people try to exploit. Went off topic, my bad.
    Ahh ok- thanks for clarifying. Not that I wasgetting overly defensive but I was kind of wondering if that was directed at me - cheers mario!