Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Contentious Trade-Savvy or Ridonkulous?

The Great One

Default Re: Contentious Trade-Savvy or Ridonkulous?

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    this other guy is totally screwed next year... I don't see them changing the rule, cuz I don't see anyone wanting to end up with a team like he's going to have. Best part.. Stammer may not give him the win
    Hes in the mix- my boy Stuntman is in the leadthough and his team looks pretty insurmountable from where Im sitting. Itll be interesting to see how he finishes and Stammer is in full beastmode so far- lol! You might be right though- there was concern that teams would do this every year- but unless Im absolutely convinced I was the odds on favorite to win- I dont think Id make a move to get rid of all my picks like that. Its a tough call- was definitely interesting in any case- haha!

My other concern is- in a keep six- Ive got to imagine its goint to be pretty tough to acquire picks in any given year. In my other leagues you always have someone who will look at upgrading a late keeper or two for a pick but I dont imagine as much of that goes on in a keep six (although Im just giessin here tbh- first very limited keeper ive done).

Dobber Sports Monster

I use to think you were a crazy trader like me, then I realized you were a genius trader. I think you will make out great with these trades for next season.

... wonder who the 1st place team in this league is?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Hes in the mix- my boy Stuntman is in the leadthough and his team looks pretty insurmountable from where Im sitting. Itll be interesting to see how he finishes and Stammer is in full beastmode so far- lol! You might be right though- there was concern that teams would do this every year- but unless Im absolutely convinced I was the odds on favorite to win- I dont think Id make a move to get rid of all my picks like that. Its a tough call- was definitely interesting in any case- haha!

My other concern is- in a keep six- Ive got to imagine its goint to be pretty tough to acquire picks in any given year. In my other leagues you always have someone who will look at upgrading a late keeper or two for a pick but I dont imagine as much of that goes on in a keep six (although Im just giessin here tbh- first very limited keeper ive done).
    during the season it seems owners cling to their picks more... the teams that are pushing to win become a bit more liberal selling them at the deadline. Where picks seem to move the most is when teams jockey to secure the best 6 players possible.

a strategy to consider after your draft frenzie season - is to not trade the players you're dropping. by doing that you saturate the re-draft pool and help limit the strength of other teams. albeit to a small detriment to yourself, but why spread the wealth more than necessary? increases your odds of redrafting a good player
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

a strategy to consider after your draft frenzie season - is to not trade the players you're dropping. by doing that you saturate the re-draft pool and help limit the strength of other teams. albeit to a small detriment to yourself, but why spread the wealth more than necessary? increases your odds of redrafting a good player
    BRILLIANT... If I'm ever in a limited keeper, THIS.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

The Great One

I think a key question to ask is if prospects are included in this re-draft
    Oh yea- they definitely are!

The Great One

i tried to rep- but its been too soon- lol! This is a really intriguing concept- that I hadnt considered all that much...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Oh yea- they definitely are!
    that makes extra picks huge. you don't have to choose one round to the next whether to go prospect or player - you can alternate if you choose... love having those options.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I really don't like this trade. Your keepers look very, very underwhelming in keep 6 where roughly the top 100 player are kept.

Despite all those draft picks I don't see your team competing next year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

So Im in a keep 6 league with a26 man roster. Someone offered me their top ten picks next season for Stamkos... and I accepted- lol!

I know I wont get a Stamkos quality player- but my logic was that in a 16 team league with 26 man teams- we are rostering some real junk players at the bottom. I feel like even though it cost Stamkos and any shot this season- I could insulate my keepers with actual talent next year and that would (hopefully) make up the difference. I then of course decided to trade every non-keeper commodity I had for picks.

I have some odds and ends I can still trade but looking at basically moving forward with:

Tavares, Keller, Hischier, Forsberg, Werenski and MacAvoy.

* I also knabbed Tolvanen, Pettersen and Yamamoto in case any of them styart to get Keller-esque hype before the seasons over.

Out of 20 draft rounds I have,

1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7, 8, 8, and 9.

So was this brilliant or stupid? I know you should never trade a commodity like Stamkos- but the multiple upgrades Ill get with the earlier picks are very significant. I was not winning this season anyways- and I feel like this gives me a very serious edge next year at the cost of one player (albeit a very, very good one). I did my own research/math prior to accepting but Im curious what the general consensus is out there. Im guessing it wont be especially favorable- but I can handle the criticism and would rather hear the feedback to see if theres something I missed in my rationale.

Cheers!
    hype train for both is gaining steam

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gordy View Post
    I really don't like this trade. Your keepers look very, very underwhelming in keep 6 where roughly the top 100 player are kept.

Despite all those draft picks I don't see your team competing next year.
    Youre not as hyped about Keller and/or Hischier as you should be then

Dobber Sports Wizard

Haha nice! I once offered all of my 2015 and 2016 draft picks to the managers that owned the 1st and 2nd picks in 2015. The guy who ended up taking McDavid turned it down pretty quickly, but I came real close to getting Eichel before he finally backed out. I think it was a total of 15 picks for 1.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Pro

Very interesting. Very ballsy. Can't wait to see how it goes.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Apprentice

2 picks in each round of the redraft.

So many options.

16 teams and keep 6 I would guess 18-22 Goalies kept?

If you really wanted to have some fun....

You can use a denial of service attack approach and corner all redraftable G while still filling your positional requirements for example. Play that into another upgrade of draft picks for next years draft and set the asking price for goalies!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Pro

It's a wild trade, but I like it! Really helps your depth, and a lot of pools are won by having a good steady team all around, without a half dozen schmucks at the bottom dragging you down. Your strategy should protect you from that next year, if you draft well. Plus, maybe you draft the next Stammer!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well it's definitely ridonculous, just on the sheer boldness & craziness of it. I can see it working out well for you, since you are trying to get a huge leg up for next year, and also to set up to have 6 really good keepers in the future.

It might be savvy as well. Plus you are well set up to trade off some surplus picks for keeper upgrades, if you choose to do so.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.