Thread: ESPN Fantasy Hockey

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default ESPN Fantasy Hockey

Hey Guys, long time reader 1st time poster here. I am currently in the top 10 on ESPN fantasy hockey leaderboard ( pat on back yada yada ) not the point. But I do have a situation that I need some help with.

I kinda screwed up....I traded Zdeno Chara for Shanny the day before he got his head rocked, needed the PP+SH & Shots on Goal as I have a ton of Defense already. NON KEEPER LEAGUE

Problem lies herein: Do I drop Shanny now because of this remark from insider? & Pickup someone off of waivers that could help me in the long run like Dainius Zubrus,Jeff O\'Neill ( i have waiver position 10 so i may not get them anyways ). People in my league are conspiring against me and dropping players like Martin St Louis etc which is BS.

\"The injury doesn\'t diminish my desire to be back the moment I\'m medically cleared,\" said Shanahan. \"I feel pretty good and I feel pretty normal. But there\'s \'hurt,\' and there\'s \'injured,\' and while I\'ve always played hurt, this is something that would be stupid for me to try and rush back and play with symptoms.\" Shanny still has some things to work out medically, but with the season coming close to an end, it\'ll be very surprising to see him back in uniform anytime soon.\"

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re:ESPN Fantasy Hockey

Yeah you gotta be careful with concussions. They can end careers just like that. You remember Adam Deadmarsh right? He never could get over the post-concussion syndrome. Shanny is old too. His recovery time is going to be slower than your standard player. Plus it was pretty gruesome (i don\'t know if you actually saw the collision or not).

Based on this article/quote, I\'d be inclined to look for an alternative to shanny for the remainder of the year. Not quite sure why you traded for him in the first place (his production has really slowed the past couple of months - only 12 points in his last 21 games).

But yeah I\'d look at other options. Anything is better than having an injured/suspended guy sucking up a spot on your roster. At this point in the year non-keeper league, you can definitely drop someone who goes down with a possibly long term injury. I dropped Afinogenov in one of my leagues the other day, since he\'s pretty much out for the remainder of the fantasy season.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

I...am your father.

Default Re:ESPN Fantasy Hockey

Yep, I think you gotta cut him loose. Having him for two weeks at the end of the season won\'t make up for the downtime.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi