Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Shipychov back to the KHL

Administrator

Default Re: Shipychov back to the KHL

Apparently he's not going on unconditional waivers today so the situation continues to play out. My guess is Vegas is still trying to work things out and/or is being stubborn.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Does anyone think that Vegas promised him ice time or did his agent tell him that Vegas would be terrible so he should get lots of ice time? The agent is the guy who messed this up the most. He did not think this through properly. He should have realized that Vegas would not care about winning games this year and that Shipachyov would be the only guy on the team that was waiver exempt. Based on the rules of the expansion draft, there were very few players (if any) available in the draft that were going to be waiver exempt. A good agent would have figured this out and realized that Vegas would be the worst place in the league to sign since they were going to be the only team in the NHL that did not care about winning and had almost 30 players who could not go to the AHL without risk of losing them.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Apparently Shipachyov had a no-move clause in his contract with Vegas but that was rejected by the NHL because you can't have a NMC on your first NHL contract. With NMC, maybe Vegas would have put players like Reinhart on waivers earlier and none of this would have happened.

I agree that Shipachyov and his agent made a mistake signing with Vegas before seeing what their roster will look like (or properly understanding the expansion draft rules) but that doesn't really excuse what Vegas did - it's not like anyone wanted a player like Garrison or Reinhart anyways, so keeping those kind of guys on your roster wasn't really worth all this.

Gusev is definitely not going to play for Vegas after all this. I'm not sure they can recruit any UFA from the KHL after all this either. Russian players are definitely aware of what happened and probably won't even consider Vegas as an option.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    I don't know, you kinda have to feel for the guy a little bit. Lights the lamp in Russia and is a 30 year old professional player. Signs a big contract and then gets put in the AHL in Chicago while his family is like WTH? Meanwhile, he looks like a joke to all of his buddies back home who are like, bro... so you left Russia to join the prospect league lol?! Imagine how many jokes were flying his way in Russian.

Meanwhile, he can't speak the language or really understand what is going on or really understand why he's getting jerked around. In Russia to treat an employee or a player like this is a massive insult. Russian culture is very different than North America and this type of stuff doesn't fly well there.

He could deal with all this BS here, feel insulted, take all the shit from his friends and family, or just go home, be famous, score goals, make a lot of money and have all his friends and family around him.

Seems to make a lot of sense... What doesn't make sense is how Vegas jerked him around and didn't properly manage his expectations.
    +1 I agree and even in North America, this is an insult. What a terrible way to treat someone you recruited. Turncoat way.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post

Vegas has all but destroyed any chance of getting foreign players to sign with them
    You know what, as a North American player with any sort of option, I would think long and hard about joining Vegas as a UFA after this fiasco. Personally I would avoid it like the plague.

"You're gonna be our #1C"
    "No wait, you're not"
    "No wait, we have to try to sell garbage assets first.."
    "No wait, you're still not"
    "Sorry, nevermind. Can we have our contract back?"
    "Sorry.... I don't really know what I'm doing..."
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    You know what, as a North American player with any sort of option, I would think long and hard about joining Vegas as a UFA after this fiasco. Personally I would avoid it like the plague.

"You're gonna be our #1C"
    "No wait, you're not"
    "No wait, we have to try to sell garbage assets first.."
    "No wait, you're still not"
    "Sorry, nevermind. Can we have our contract back?"
    "Sorry.... I don't really know what I'm doing..."
    Crazy thing too, is that he didn't really get a fair shot it seems. 1 goal, 2 PIMS, 3 SOG and +3 in 3 games..all around the 10-11 minute playing time I believe.
    I realize there's no sample size really for extrapolation here, but Vegas is going with Eakin at second line centre...who scored 40 pts (once) in 2014-2015. Haula can't even say that.

Maybe it's attitude - but Vegas certainly earned some attitude from him after signing the guy to that contract, promising at least a top 6 role, then not getting him in the line up...and all the rest of the saga so far.

I think it'd be great if another team (with a few Russian players) take a shot on him just to give him a show and prove me deal...even if that deal comes after a contract dissolving with Vegas (if it can...not sure about the legalities of this all).
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just went back through my league's auction draft and realized the manager who "won" Ship payed $20 of his $200 budget to get him. Yikes.

In the first week of the season he smartly flipped him for Krejci to a manager who was willing to take the chance on him.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If he was worried about getting made fun of for going to NA to play in the AHL, you think he'd actually want to stay and fight to get a roster spot.

Guy is sour and down on himself and doesn't want to face any tough obstacle. I don't blame him for not liking what went down in Vegas, but if he was truly fully into being in NA to be an NHLer, he would have fought harder.
    This was hilarious, thanks for the laugh. For a minute there I almost thought you were being serious!
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    does he get to keep the 2.5 mil in signing bonus ?

*not sure if it was 2 or 2.5
    TSN is reporting that Shipachyov must repay his $2million signing bonus to terminate his contract.

http://www.tsn.ca/shipachyov-will-no...esday-1.901380

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    This was hilarious, thanks for the laugh. For a minute there I almost thought you were being serious!
    I did correct myself later I thought saying, "First obstacle in his new life he picked". I was certain I said it, and another post about the signing bonus, but i dont see it now.

But I'm serious. The guy isn't being highly sought after via trade for a reason. There's enough teams that need a C2 out there. Maybe his agent is crap because it seemed they looked for a trade for a day, then they wanted to leave for the KHL. To me it seemed like this guy is going back to the league he's known success, which in my head says he wasn't serious about this move to the NHL.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ace

This guy seems like a real douche. Everything that has gone on with him the last year or so, he just seems immature, over-hyped, and well full of himself. Personally I wouldn't want a player like this on my team to begin with. But whether it's his agents fault or something else, I think Shipy just has a real crap attitude and if this is true, isn't even willing to earn his spot.

Good riddance to him if that's the case.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think if I was a 30 year old, established pro player who was the scoring leader of my last championship team and then I was brought to play for another team, with limited years left in my career and they told me I was going to the prospects league I'd be pissed too and potentially have a bad attitude. And I guarantee Vegas didn't say, hey, we've got too many guys that couldn't cut it on their last teams to keep up in the NHL so we're going to have to make you earn it in the AHL.

Is this a joke? Of course he's mad and Vegas management is 100% to blame for their best player returning to one of the best KHL programs

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    I think if I was a 30 year old, established pro player who was the scoring leader of my last championship team and then I was brought to play for another team, with limited years left in my career and they told me I was going to the prospects league I'd be pissed too and potentially have a bad attitude. And I guarantee Vegas didn't say, hey, we've got too many guys that couldn't cut it on their last teams to keep up in the NHL so we're going to have to make you earn it in the AHL.

Is this a joke? Of course he's mad and Vegas management is 100% to blame for their best player returning to one of the best KHL programs
    Some people are just obtuse.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I did correct myself later I thought saying, "First obstacle in his new life he picked". I was certain I said it, and another post about the signing bonus, but i dont see it now.

But I'm serious. The guy isn't being highly sought after via trade for a reason. There's enough teams that need a C2 out there. Maybe his agent is crap because it seemed they looked for a trade for a day, then they wanted to leave for the KHL. To me it seemed like this guy is going back to the league he's known success, which in my head says he wasn't serious about this move to the NHL.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    This guy seems like a real douche. Everything that has gone on with him the last year or so, he just seems immature, over-hyped, and well full of himself. Personally I wouldn't want a player like this on my team to begin with. But whether it's his agents fault or something else, I think Shipy just has a real crap attitude and if this is true, isn't even willing to earn his spot.

Good riddance to him if that's the case.
    And lol

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Some people are just obtuse.
    And yes.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

For all the people giving Shipychov shit, I'd love to see you commit to a senior manager job in St. Petersburg, Move your family there, have them tell you that they just have too many mid-level employees right now, and send you to Kiev to be a factory worker until they sort it out, and see how long you last as in the factory, when also your old job sends you an email and says "we'd love to have you back at any time" and oh don't forget at your old job you were one of the most popular and well liked employees in the company.