Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Shipychov back to the KHL

Administrator

Default Re: Shipychov back to the KHL

It's not a black-and-white issue. The point is Vegas mismanaged an asset that could have been very useful to them in many ways. They didn't even try.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Does anyone else know any other trade McPhee did in Washington? Anyone? The crutch of "Erat for Forsberg" is all I ever hear. GMs make bad moves all the time (for what it's worth he's assembled a team that's 1 pt behind the stanley cup winners, and 1 pt ahead of the western conference winners). But it was mismanagement of assets yes, but the attitude that Ship had was not something that's desirable. If he went down to the AHL and skated his butt off and still wasn't getting in, then it's different to me.

Someone screwed up, and putting it ALL on McPhee (which it seems like it has) is wrong. Either Ship or his Agent screwed up on the contract/choice of team.
    http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/...e_McPhee/121/1 Enjoy 7 pages

Yeah Im not putting this all on McPhee. who knows what Ship was thinking. Maybe his wife was homesick. They were having 2nd thoughts? Language problems caused discouragement? Attitude issues?
    Alot of things we just dont know. And may never know.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's not a black-and-white issue. The point is Vegas mismanaged an asset that could have been very useful to them in many ways. They didn't even try.
    When u say didnt even try what do u mean

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    When u say didnt even try what do u mean
    Probably the 32 minutes of total ice time over 3 games. Didn't put him in a spot to succeed (ie. in the line up) and the GM grabbed too many bad defensemen no one wants and couldn't move them to any team
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Pro

People are still talking about this guy?

Dobber Sports Stud

good riddance....
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Wizard

For anyone interested, here are Shipachyov's comments about the situation: https://twitter.com/A_Kalnins/status/929329573845766145

As expected, what the GM said is completely different from what the player is saying...

Dobber Sports Monster

ST. PETERSBURG, Russia — Russian forward Vadim Shipachyov signed Saturday with SKA St. Petersburg in the Kontinental Hockey League after quitting a deal with the NHL's Vegas Golden Knights.Shipachyov returns to the team where he won two KHL championships. He is on a one-year contract which leaves him free to play at the Winter Olympics.

Vegas said Thursday that Shipachyov's contract was ended after he refused to play for its AHL affiliate. He is officially considered "voluntarily retired" from the NHL.
    Shipachyov appeared unhappy with his former team in a statement issued by SKA on Saturday.
    "They say one thing to your face and when it comes to hockey, something else," he said, adding that his NHL experience had been "two months of misunderstandings, smiles and conversations which had nothing to do with reality."
    The centre was Vegas' second-ever signing and he arrived amid hype from his performances in the KHL and for the Russian national team.
    Shipachyov scored in his first game for Vegas but that was the only goal of his three-game NHL career.
    http://www.tsn.ca/shipachyov-signs-b...n-khl-1.912639

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/s...k-leaving-nhl/

Pretty crappy management if you ask me. I hope future free agents remember this.
    I am confident in saying there's more to both sides of this story that we will never know.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."