Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Shipychov back to the KHL

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Shipychov back to the KHL

Pierre Lebrun reporting that Ship is retiring.
    Nothing papered or official yet, but NHL/NHLPA have agreed to a solution on the Vadim Shipachyov exit from the VGK. Should be done Monday

and it's believed voluntary retirement from the NHL is how Shipachyov will formalize his exit...

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Pierre Lebrun reporting that Ship is retiring.
    How long until his jersey is retired? What a bizarre ending to all of this. Had such high hopes for him.

#87Shipachev #ForeverAGoldenKnight

The Great One

Part 2 of this story is what Gusev does.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Part 2 of this story is what Gusev does.
    I'd bet the answer to that is "anything that doesn't include him signing with Vegas".

Gusev struggled a bit to start the season because they couldn't find proper linemates for him but he's really taken off since then and now has 15 goals and 36 points in 31 games. He's taken over a lot of playmaking responsibilities especially on the PP now that Shipachyov hasn't been there anymore to do that, and I think that's really lifted Gusev to another level. Last season, he was more of a complementary player but this season he's shown he can create offense not only for himself but for others as well.

Dobber Sports Monster

http://www.tsn.ca/shipachyov-s-nhl-r...icial-1.910897

Vadim Shipachyov is officially done in the NHL according to TSN Hockey insider Pierre LeBrun after the 30-year-old’s voluntary retirement paperwork was completed.

Dobber Sports Master

I want to retire at 30...

Thanks for nothing Shipachyov... and....screwed by yet another Russian departure. I avoided Kucherov for the same reasons and that worked out GREAT!
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

Interesting press conference with George McPhee this afternoon.

http://sinbin.vegas/vadim-shipachyov...y-retires-nhl/

A few paraphrased quotes...

He didn't want to work at it.
    He didn't want to accept a trade that was in place as he just wanted to go home.
    We had other centers who were better.
    He's a good guy and a good player but it just didn't work out here.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't blame Shipachyov for wanting to go home to Russia after Vegas jerked him around so badly. There's no way for him to know the next team wouldn't do something similar, and he can fit right back into the KHL.

I look at Vegas' roster and pretty much know that McPhee is full of it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

GM doesn’t think he’s NHL worthy. Sends him down to the AHL to work on his game and gets backlash.

Had a trade lined up for Ship if he wanted to be an NHLer, didn’t. I respect both sides on their choices, but I wouldn’t want Ship on my team if he’s unwilling to work for a spot.

GM should have just let it die though and not comment on this stuff.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    GM doesn’t think he’s NHL worthy. Sends him down to the AHL to work on his game and gets backlash.
    Do you really believe that? lol

Ship was sent down for roster reasons. He didn't need waivers and GM wanted to magically turn all of his dmen into picks.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Do you really believe that? lol

Ship was sent down for roster reasons. He didn't need waivers and GM wanted to magically turn all of his dmen into picks.
    If he thought he was going to benefit the team in the NHL they would have found a reason to keep him in the NHL.

Guys were hurt when he played, and if he played well you think they wouldn't just keep March on the IR for another game?

Dobber Sports Initiate

If he thought he was going to benefit the team in the NHL they would have found a reason to keep him in the NHL.

Guys were hurt when he played, and if he played well you think they wouldn't just keep March on the IR for another game?
    I don't believe anything McPhee says at this point and he's only attempting to save face with the organization. Who believes that ship was worse than Cody Eakin or Erik Haula? I mean is this a joke?

Fact is he had too many assets he couldn't trade and was unwilling to risk losing guys on the waiver claims and Ship had a 2-way contract.

Also, he didn't want to risk looking like a fool allowing a valuable player go for peanuts on the trade market to another program.

Ship was probably also pissed and may not have wanted to play hockey in NHL. Obvious with his retirement from the league for $86k.

The only one looking foolish here is McPhee... He either signed a non-NHL worthy player for $9mil or allowed a valuable asset to leave for no return. Of course he's "Donald Trump'ing" now. "The guys a bum, definitely not an NHL quality player. I'm glad he retired b/c I like players who don't retire, he isn't worth a spot on my shinny team."

Dobber Sports Pro

Had a trade lined up for Ship if he wanted to be an NHLer, didn’t. I respect both sides on their choices, but I wouldn’t want Ship on my team if he’s unwilling to work for a spot.

GM should have just let it die though and not comment on this stuff.
    Said GM also traded Erat for Forsberg

Said GM also offered the played who apparently wasn't as good as scraps other NHL teams didn't want, a 2 year deal for $4.5M.

I doubt the trade he had lined up with ANA benefited LV at all (they likely had to keep salary), and then if Ship looked great with ANA it would make Vegas look worse. I doubt GMGM wants to look worse

This is a player who put up better numbers than Radulov and Dadonov in the KHL and Vegas fought other teams to get him and he isn't good in the end, after 32 minutes of total ice time? That makes no sense.

GMGM and Vegas are dumb, and now good luck getting any Russian/European free agents in the future
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Wizard

Did anyone really expect McPhee to say "Yeah, I messed up. I made a mistake and now he's gone. No one else to blame but me."

Of course he's going to throw the player under a bus every chance he gets. Otherwise people might realize just how much he sucks as GM.

Dobber Sports Titan

Does anyone else know any other trade McPhee did in Washington? Anyone? The crutch of "Erat for Forsberg" is all I ever hear. GMs make bad moves all the time (for what it's worth he's assembled a team that's 1 pt behind the stanley cup winners, and 1 pt ahead of the western conference winners). But it was mismanagement of assets yes, but the attitude that Ship had was not something that's desirable. If he went down to the AHL and skated his butt off and still wasn't getting in, then it's different to me.

Someone screwed up, and putting it ALL on McPhee (which it seems like it has) is wrong. Either Ship or his Agent screwed up on the contract/choice of team.