Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Shipychov back to the KHL

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Shipychov back to the KHL

Looks like this ship is sailing back to Russia. Can't say I am not surprised

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Shipychov back to the KHL

leaving $9m on the table... jeez. Vegas would be a lot nicer to live in the winter than St. Petersburg. He must figure he'll make it back.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/EricEngels/statu...19318949445637

Vadim Shipachyov has decided he’s going back to Russia. Contract termination will follow after unconditional waiver process #Sportsnet
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Man I thought long and hard when I was going to take Marchessault or Shipachev in my $250 1 year frozen league. Ended up going with Marchessault, then about 2 picks after that a guy says "From Vegas Golden Knights .... From RUSSIA! .... Vadim .... Shipachev!".

Happy trails Shippy

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    leaving $9m on the table... jeez. Vegas would be a lot nicer to live in the winter than St. Petersburg. He must figure he'll make it back.
    Would it? For a Russian player with a Russian family who likely speaks very little English? I'd imagine St. Petersburg would be a much nicer place for Ship and his family to live.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I've been to both.. Vegas is a much nicer place in the winter.

Seriously though... he wanted to come to the NHL for a reason. Playing three games and quitting is more of a personality issue than anything.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Man I thought long and hard when I was going to take Marchessault or Shipachev in my $250 1 year frozen league. Ended up going with Marchessault, then about 2 picks after that a guy says "From Vegas Golden Knights .... From RUSSIA! .... Vadim .... Shipachev!".

Happy trails Shippy
    there goes $250.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Typical Russian. Good riddance.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I don't know, you kinda have to feel for the guy a little bit. Lights the lamp in Russia and is a 30 year old professional player. Signs a big contract and then gets put in the AHL in Chicago while his family is like WTH? Meanwhile, he looks like a joke to all of his buddies back home who are like, bro... so you left Russia to join the prospect league lol?! Imagine how many jokes were flying his way in Russian.

Meanwhile, he can't speak the language or really understand what is going on or really understand why he's getting jerked around. In Russia to treat an employee or a player like this is a massive insult. Russian culture is very different than North America and this type of stuff doesn't fly well there.

He could deal with all this BS here, feel insulted, take all the shit from his friends and family, or just go home, be famous, score goals, make a lot of money and have all his friends and family around him.

Seems to make a lot of sense... What doesn't make sense is how Vegas jerked him around and didn't properly manage his expectations.

Administrator

I don't blame him for his decision

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Gary Lawless has apparently denied the reports of Shipachyov's contract termination according to SinBin.Vegas. There is no one on waivers today so we wait until tomorrow to see what's going on.

Dobber Sports Master

does he get to keep the 2.5 mil in signing bonus ?

*not sure if it was 2 or 2.5

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    C'mon.. you're better than that.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    I don't know, you kinda have to feel for the guy a little bit. Lights the lamp in Russia and is a 30 year old professional player. Signs a big contract and then gets put in the AHL in Chicago while his family is like WTH? Meanwhile, he looks like a joke to all of his buddies back home who are like, bro... so you left Russia to join the prospect league lol?! Imagine how many jokes were flying his way in Russian.

Meanwhile, he can't speak the language or really understand what is going on or really understand why he's getting jerked around. In Russia to treat an employee or a player like this is a massive insult. Russian culture is very different than North America and this type of stuff doesn't fly well there.

He could deal with all this BS here, feel insulted, take all the shit from his friends and family, or just go home, be famous, score goals, make a lot of money and have all his friends and family around him.

Seems to make a lot of sense... What doesn't make sense is how Vegas jerked him around and didn't properly manage his expectations.
    Totally agree with this post. +1
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Vegas is such a feel good story for their on ice performances but the off ice leaves a lot to be desired*. Showed in his game up when he scored that he can do well but never had more of a look which neither he, or probably the team expected. Would love another team to pick him up if he is moved to waivers but seems unlikely at this point.

*unless you count their Twitter account which is fun
    Experience is the teacher of all things.