Thread: O\'Donnell to Kings

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default O\'Donnell to Kings

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=384238

How will this affect the young Kings D-men?
    12 Team Keeper (max 4 years) ($270 RLD)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, and 2 G weekly
    STATS: F (G,A,GWG) D (G,A,+/-) G (W,GAA,SV%)
    FWD -
    DEF-
    GOAL-

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wouldn\'t say it affects them too much. Lombardi had always said he was loooking for an experienced stay at home type d-man to shore up his defense corps. I don\'t see if affecting their productivity at all. If anything is helps, as one of Hickey, Doughty or Harrold will probably be paired with O\'Donnell and will have more freedom offensively since they have their partner (O\'Donnell) hanging back.
    10 team, roto G, A, PTS, PIM, PPP, SHP, +/-, Shots, W, Save %, SO
    2011/12 Roster:
    C: Getzlaf, M. Richards, Weiss, Dubinsky
    LW: Burrows, Benn, Malone, Kunitz
    RW: Malkin, C. Stewart, Semin, J. Williams
    D: Letang, Phaneuf, Pronger, Corvo, Del Zotto, Y. Weber
    G: Kiprusoff, Backstrom, Brodeur
    Bench: Smyth

Farm: L. Adam, B. Connelly, Tatar, Beach, Pulkinnen, Jeffrey, Toffoli; Subban, Pietrangelo, B. Smith, Gardiner; Rask, Dekanich, Lack.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

GREAT move for the Kings. Gives some stability and a mentor for the young guys.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Sage

According to this source, the Ducks just barely squeaked under the cap with this trade. They were 1.222m over the cap, and moved O\'Donnell\'s $1.25m cap hit.

The NHL.com article also seems to be conflicting with this report, which sites the OC Register as saying the Ducks dont necessarily receive a 3rd round conditional pick from Los Angeles...

In fact, the way the trade works is that if Los Angeles trades O\'Donnell at any point in the season, Anaheim will then receive a 3rd round pick from Los Angeles (no mention if that is Buffalo\'s pick), but should O\'Donnell remain with the Kings all season long, Anaheim will get nothing.

I like the move for both clubs. If LA decides to keep O\'Donnell, they have some veteran leadership at a fairly affordable salary. Meanwhile Anaheim gets under the cap (albeit just barely!) and still has the potential to pull a third rounder out of it. Nice! If they get nothing, it\'s not that big of a deal.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Banned

yeah you gotta like the stability this provides for the Kings, it bodes well for all the lofty fantasy predictions we\'ve been tossing around for months if we know that they\'ve improved overall as a team and the need for a stay at home d-man was a gaping hole for them