Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shea Theodore

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Shea Theodore

What the heck is going on with Theodore ? Any hockey insider in the place ? Do you guys think he might be called up anytime soon ? This starts to be a real joke ...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Shea Theodore

He was the only waiver exempt Dman they had... so they sent him down... not a joke. That's the reality, until there is a roster change, that's the reality.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the reality check, Capitain Obvious. My point was, this guy is tearing up the AHL and is probably their best D within the organisation... Is there any recent news that could make us think he might get called up soon ?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    He was the only waiver exempt Dman they had... so they sent him down... not a joke. That's the reality, until there is a roster change, that's the reality.
    Yep. And I'd add that the start the VGK have gotten off to isn't likely to hasten any significant or rash changes of course in the near term. All appearances are that logjam currently keeping Theodore in the AHL will have to be broken by player movement or long term injuries hitting the roster.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Vegas is still carrying 9 D-men on their NHL roster, and most teams like to carry 7 or 8, so they need to find trades to get rid of at least 2 or possibly even 3 guys before they get Theodore up. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on him this season. It might be closer to the trade deadline before we see that.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Vegas is still carrying 9 D-men on their NHL roster, and most teams like to carry 7 or 8, so they need to find trades to get rid of at least 2 or possibly even 3 guys before they get Theodore up. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on him this season. It might be closer to the trade deadline before we see that.
    Agree, although once the injuries start to add up in December and into the dog days of January, you will see GMs making better offers for the available VGK Dmen to break the logjam. My bet is Theodore is in the NHL come January.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Master

He is destroying the AHL offensively, but I don't like the -4.... Until that's in the plus column, I don't mind that he marinates in the AHL with the Wolves. He'll be in the NHL soon enough, but Vegas is in no rush.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by francoisbreton View Post
    Thanks for the reality check, Capitain Obvious.
    Voyons... on se calme la. Welcome to our forums, but this be a place of respect.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ace

Vegas seems to be just roll with what they have. the kids all all gonna have to wait a season.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Jedi

Thanks for the reality check, Capitain Obvious. My point was, this guy is tearing up the AHL and is probably their best D within the organisation... Is there any recent news that could make us think he might get called up soon ?
    A. Your OP... doesn't bring into account what he's doing in the AHL.
    B. Captain obvious IS the reason he's still in the minors - Corporal Ignorant
    C. Don't come in here and be condescending to those willing to answer your questions. Your OP didn't provide any background on Theodore that would lead one to believe you were aware of his current status.
    D. If you're going to reply to members like this off the hop, you'll quickly see that responses get fewer and further in between, as well as shorter and carrying less useful information.
    E. as agentzero has said, this is a place of respect. So hopefully lesson learned.

and again. until Vegas makes a roster move, Theodore will remain in the minors. Obvious or not... that's the reality. Maybe it isn't that obvious to everyone (even though they're carrying 8/9 1way contract Dmen)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

This is probably the one misstep that LVGK have made - IMO I think they drafted the d men that they did in an effort to turn them into tangible assets that can help them in their time frame (I.e. the Emelin deal) but either other GMs didn’t like the terms or more likely the demand wasn’t as much as they thought it was originally and have now ended up in a bit of a predicament that they didn’t anticipate
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

I have also brought this up a few times, but if the Ducks so easily traded him away to the Knights in exchange for the latter to take Clayton Stoner, it was pretty telling as to what their plans were for him. I think it's telling. They obviously thought Montour passed him on the depth chart. Manson fills an important defensive role as a minute muncher and then you had Fowler, Lindholm and Vatanen who all had decent contracts, with Larsson being their project for a bottom to mid-pairing defensive guy. That meant that someone in the organization thought Theodore wasn't on the development path to become a stud. If that was the case, they never would have traded him.

Now, same can be said for how the Habs handled McDonagh and he turned out pretty awesome, but at the time of the trade, the people in the organization in charge of development didn't think he had what it took. How Theodore performs in his AHL stint will determine a lot about who was right, but at this moment, he isn't necessarily proving the Ducks wrong, is Theodore. Hey may soon, but not yet.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

The Great One

Looks like Vegas' 8 D (with ATOI) are...
    Engelland (19:40)
    Garrison (18:54)
    Hunt (18:56)
    McNabb (18:44)
    Merrill (18:23)
    C Miller (17:31)
    Sbisa (19:58)
    Schmidt (21:34)
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks for the reality check, Capitain Obvious.
    Ask an obvious question, get an obvious answer.

Welcome to the forums.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Looks like Vegas' 8 D (with ATOI) are...
    Engelland (19:40)
    Garrison (18:54)
    Hunt (18:56)
    McNabb (18:44)
    Merrill (18:23)
    C Miller (17:31)
    Sbisa (19:58)
    Schmidt (21:34)
    Yeah, Griffin Reinhart hasn't played a single game. But for some reason, they don't want to put him on waivers either. I hope he spends all that free time working on his skating.