Thread: Dynasty Cap League Roster Decisions

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Dynasty Cap League Roster Decisions

Hey guys, I have some decisions to make with my roster for the next week. Eaves has come off IR now and i'm stuck in the position of having to make a drop. I have to move some cap to minors which isnt hurting my main roster pts wise, but does decrease my depth. I acquired Vrbata at the start of the season to offset Eaves production being hurt out of the gate. After almost two weeks, Vrbata has done exactly what was needed and i dont think dropping him right now is a good move. The only players i would consider dropping from my forwards at this point in time is Josh Anderson and Brett Richie.

I have the option to leave Eaves on IR as we get an additional scoring period to leave players on IR after they come off, but i dont want to miss out on his potential production either.

As for defense, i could drop Schmidt to to free up the cap space, but i have some young guys on my roster who have had good starts to the year, but they could get demoted or come back down to earth at any time and Schmidt would be my best option to replace them

Between Anderson and Ritchie, who is the better one to keep in a Dynasty?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Dynasty Cap League Roster Decisions

Bump

No one wants to chime in?

Dobber Sports Titan

Biggest thing to note before you get an answer is what categories do you count? Also might be helpful to note how these guys fit into your team (positionally and production wise), as well as how much cap space you actually need to clear.

Another thought, is if you were to drop Schmidt, is he likely to be picked up? If not, you could drop him for now, and grab him in a couple of weeks when/if one of your young guys gets sent down.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Sorry, here's more info:

G-1pt, A-1pt, Min roster size 12f, 6d, 2g.(no forward position requirements)

Current depth is 15f, 10d, 3g. I need to clear 1,569,167 after demoting a rookie. As I write this, it appears as though the move is to drop Schmidt. Both Vrbata and Eaves bring more production than my bottom two forwards who would be Andersen and Ritchie. I have enough d depth to get by if one of my younger d get sent down, or injuries. Schmidt's money gives me the room and doesnt leave me super thin on forward depth.

Dobber Sports Titan

Sounds like that's the right move then. How many teams in your league?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

12 teams

The Great One

in a pts only dynasty I like N. Ritchie more than J. Anderson.