Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Tolvanen

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Tolvanen

Earlier in the week, there was a report that contract details and immigration stuff had been pre-arranged and everything was ready to go. But after their season ended, Tolvanen denied that in an interview. But then again, that interview was done right after they were eliminated and it seemed like his focus was still 100% on Jokerit at that point, so it's difficult to say.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I also heard that the bonus structure of his contract was higher than Laine's, which would be strange given the relative difference in their draft position.

For poolies in salary cap leagues, burning a year of his ELC sucks big time, though, as they'll only be getting 2 instead of 3 years of cheap production.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Tolvanen and Jokerit have mutually agreed to terminate his contract, should have a deal signed with the Preds within the next couple days.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Wizard

In a recent interview (earlier today), Tolvanen said he has a flight booked for Wednesday, and he was hoping to play on Saturday's home game for the Preds.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Tolvanen has signed his ELC with the Predators. He's getting maximum performance bonuses which are usually only given to 1st overall picks. He also has a clause which prohibits the Predators from sending him to the AHL (he would be loaned back to Europe instead).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Tolvanen has signed his ELC with the Predators. He's getting maximum performance bonuses which are usually only given to 1st overall picks. He also has a clause which prohibits the Predators from sending him to the AHL (he would be loaned back to Europe instead).
    Good for Tolvanen, bad for poolies with salary cap leagues that use AAV. So his AAV is $3.775 mil then? That's what 1st OAs get.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Good for Tolvanen, bad for poolies with salary cap leagues that use AAV. So his AAV is $3.775 mil then? That's what 1st OAs get.
    Yes, although I don't know how it affects things that he signs the contract this late in the season. Maybe it doesn't, not really sure about that.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Yes, although I don't know how it affects things that he signs the contract this late in the season. Maybe it doesn't, not really sure about that.
    I would think AAV is the same regardless but the payout will be prorated. We'll find out soon when capfriendly adds him.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Yes
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

https://thehockeywriters.com/predato...en-difference/

"Something worth noting is that if Tolvanen’s contract slides, he would not be eligible for the potential 2020 expansion draft for the new Seattle franchise. Conversely, if he burns a year this season, he will be eligible. That cannot be understated."

I wanted to get excited about Tolvanen's arrival as much as the next fantasy GM, but this, more than anything else, will probably be what keeps Tolvanen from playing if the Preds go deep into the playoffs. Unless GM Poile just decides to go for it, in which case, let's keep the hype train going!
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    https://thehockeywriters.com/predato...en-difference/

"Something worth noting is that if Tolvanen’s contract slides, he would not be eligible for the potential 2020 expansion draft for the new Seattle franchise. Conversely, if he burns a year this season, he will be eligible. That cannot be understated."

I wanted to get excited about Tolvanen's arrival as much as the next fantasy GM, but this, more than anything else, will probably be what keeps Tolvanen from playing if the Preds go deep into the playoffs. Unless GM Poile just decides to go for it, in which case, let's keep the hype train going!
    This is huge, I hadn't even thought of it. Poile's been pretty solid with asset management in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps Tolvanen from hitting his 10 games. The only way I would understand it is if he steps in and has an undeniable impact right away; but I don't think there's enough of a role that the Preds need filling that he'd really be able to make that big an impact.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Initiate

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news...91dks1rx1h3ux3

He signed today (or announced at least) and might potentially debut tonight vs SJ.

Dobber Sports Wizard

He's not playing tonight and he hasn't officially signed a contract yet.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Just going with what that report said.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Deity

The watch is on...

https://twitter.com/TomAWillis/statu...78712486531072

Eeli Tolvanen (No. 11) is on the ice for #Preds morning skate. This is not a drill. #SJSvsNSH
    From Bobby Mac

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...85406620712960

Most likely date for Tolvanen to make NHL debut is at home Saturday vs. BUF, but that’s still TBD by Laviolette. Tolvanen’s ELC is max deal, equivalent to a No. 1 overall pick (McDavid, Matthews etc). Has a KHL option clause if assigned to minors:
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."