Thread: How are these H2H values/ Who to keep? (REP)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default How are these H2H values/ Who to keep? (REP)

We're a 10 team league that switched from a H2H Cats to H2H points. The values for our scoring as follows:

Skaters: G-3, A-2, PPP-1, Shot-0.3, Hit-0.2, Block-0.2, Faceoff 0.1 per win/-.05 per loss.

Goalies: Win- 3.5, Shutout- 3.5, Every save is 0.2, and every goal against is -1.

Are there any values that stand out as bad, or any changes you would recommend?

Roster positions are: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G/4B

I can keep 5 players, out of these who would you keep?

Eichel, Giroux, Backstrom, Tarasenko, Forsberg, Simmonds, Hoffman, OEL, Werenski, Klingberg, Krug, Price, Rask, Bishop.

I finished 5th but won the consolation bracket so I believe I have the first pick as well.

I'm thinking the players to keep are: Eichel, Price, Tarasenko for sure then at a loss for the other two.
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Cash League, Daily Line Set Keep ANY 5.
    G-5, A-3, PPP-1, SHP-2, SOG-.4, HIT-.3, BLK-.5, FOW-.1, FOL-(-.065).
    W-6, SO-4, SV-.25, GA-(-1.25), L-(-1).

[2]C: Matthews, Kempe(RW)
    [2]LW: Svech(RW), Batherson(RW),
    [2]RW: Rantanen, Nichushkin(LW)

[4]D: Dahlin, Carlson, Toews, Krug

[2]G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

[4]B: Ingram(G), Wedgewood(G), McTavish(C/LW), Moore(LW/RW),

[2]IR+: Theodore(D)

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: How are these H2H values/ Who to keep? (REP)

I'd have to plug the stat multipliers into a test fantrax league to see if anything needs a tweak so I cant help you there --but your categorys are fair enough .I'd probably add short handed points x 1 for skaters and some type of points for ot/shootout losses for goalies

in addition to what you propose to protect I'd add werenski and forsberg to spread it out positionally.

The Great One

I'd keep OEL at D; he's healthy now and I think he can have a monster year. After than, I'm too lazy to run the numbers between Forsberg and Simmonds. Is trading allowed? One would think that Backstrom has the potential to be in the top 50 with some trade value...

The Great One

With those categories, even a declining Giroux is a must. The fifth is a toughie. I want to say Backstrom, but those are not winner categories for him. Hoffman and Forsberg are solid. You have a tough decision on your hands, but with the first pick that should cushion the blow. Plus, only 50 are kept so there will be very good players available. Maybe just keep it simple and go with Backstrom.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/