Thread: Nick Ritchie

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Nick Ritchie

Is Nick Ritchie going to be a factor for the Ducks and fantasy owners this year?Our league uses the physical cats so Im hoping he can produce enough offense to go with his other cats and be a multi cat force.But is he finally going to get the ice time with the right guys to succeed?

The Great One

Default Re: Nick Ritchie

Still too early I'm guessing. Chance are about 15% that he breaks out. Usually players like him will emerge at or after their mid 20s.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Veteran

I wonder if the fact that Kessler is out until December will help him get more ice time.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    I wonder if the fact that Kessler is out until December will help him get more ice time.
    Kesler is a center, Ritchie is a winger. No affect here.

I like Ritchie and I do think he can be a factor this year, and going forward. That being said, he is still 21 years of age and there will still be ups and downs. He's one to hold in a multicat keeper league.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Kesler is a center, Ritchie is a winger. No affect here.
    I like Ritchie and I do think he can be a factor this year, and going forward. That being said, he is still 21 years of age and there will still be ups and downs. He's one to hold in a multicat keeper league.
    I'm not sure I'd say that's a foregone conclusion. If Rakell is moved to 2C to replace Kelser, then that opens up a winger spot in the top 6. And that could be filled by Ritchie. I find it very hard to project the Ducks' lines right now, and the Kesler injury futher muddies the waters for me.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm not sure I'd say that's a foregone conclusion. If Rakell is moved to 2C to replace Kelser, then that opens up a winger spot in the top 6. And that could be filled by Ritchie. I find it very hard to project the Ducks' lines right now, and the Kesler injury futher muddies the waters for me.
    Fair enough. I thought you meant he'd slip into Keslers spot, but I see your point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I think he is a very good candidate to breakout, Rakell is opening camp as 2C, moving from the 1LW spot. They don't have many options on LW (hence why they originally moved Rakell there when the had Getz/Kes 1-2), so I think it is very likely Ritchie moves to the top line to run alongside Getz & Perry, or at worst I think he plays 2LW with Rakell, but my money is on 1LW, I have traded for him in one league banking on that potential upside.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

The opportunity might be there, but guys of his size and his type of game usually don't put things together this young. He's worth a flyer in deep leagues, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/