Thread: Thomas vs. Fernandez

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Thomas vs. Fernandez

Hi all,
    Just finished drafting and it was a weird one! Anyways I feel I may be vulnerable at G given that Thomas is not a lock to be the starter for the Bruins heading into the season. If he is thwarted by Fernandez, I may have to seriously unload some offense to get a replacement G that makes sense. That being said, is anyone able to break down the chances of Thomas sticking around long enough to win 28 or so games? Any feedback on my team is welcomed and appreciated!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I wouldn\'t say he is a lock, but Thomas is 95% sure to be the starter. I read an article indicating as suck. Add to this Thomas has injured himself once again and there you go.

I would also say that both of them healthy, Thomas is still the better goalie. Manny is somewhat overrated and injury prone.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think you are right to be somewhat concerned but at least you covered yourself to a degree with Halak who will certainly get quite a few quality starts.

I can in no way assure you that Thomas will give you what you want here - but he may. I think you going to have to wait it out and make a move if necessary when the situation clears up. Not much help I know.

Dobber Sports Genius

HellasLEAF wrote:
    I wouldn\'t say he is a lock, but Thomas is 95% sure to be the starter. I read an article indicating as suck. Add to this Thomas has injured himself once again and there you go.

I would also say that both of them healthy, Thomas is still the better goalie. Manny is somewhat overrated and injury prone.
    Tim Thomas appears to be close to being named the starter in Boston ahead of Manny Fernandez.

\"Tim was our No. 1 goalie last year and Manny has had a year and a bit of inactivity outside of those few games he played (last October). So I think there’s a bit of a stagger right now...But Tim carried the freight for us last year, so we have to take that into consideration,\" said Boston GM Peter Chiarelli. Thomas has been the starter the past three seasons, although in each one he was expected to be the backup. While we think there could be a platoon situation in Boston, Thomas has proved to be the guy time and again.
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

Dobber Sports Genius

i was lucky enough to see the bruins practice in cole harbour(home of the wonder kid sydney crosby)last tues. while they were in the maritimes to play a few exhibition games.rumour was that manny would have the chance to re-claim #1 but thomas looked as cool as a cucumber whereas manny looked like he was on edge.the bruins would be smart to let thomas lead the way in net but if they want to move manny rthey will have to let him show his stuff to drum up offers.rask can clearly fill the back up role and has the potential to be #1 in the very near future.maybe the bruins will look at moving thomas as he is the more \&quot;mature\&quot; of the three.tandem goalies are becoming more the norm now so sometimes it pays to have both goalies from the top 10 teams.there are many good #2 and #3 goalies available , some will see 15+ games.for now keep thomas and then see what happens a month into the season.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for your input all