Thread: Rate these prospects for goal scoring potential!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Rate these prospects for goal scoring potential!

I am in a 12 team keeper league, where our teams compete against each other head to head on a rotational schedule. We only count goals scored. The following players are undrafted and are considered prospects. I was hoping you could rate the players for goal scoring potential, keeping in mind that for me to compete now, I need to balance my team with immediate goal scoring, and future scorers. I have placed them in the order I would rate them. If I have missed any \"snipers\" with solid potential (within the next couple of seasons) please include them. Thanks in advance for ranking these palyers as goal scorers!

Mueller
    Bochenski
    Stafford
    Vermette
    Hudler
    Zajac
    Kostitsyn A
    O\'Sullivan
    Bergenheim
    Christensen
    Sterling
    Kane

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Rate these prospects for goal scoring potential

O\'Sullivan
    Stafford
    Vermette
    Zajac
    Kostitsyn A
    Kane

For the rest take whoever you want
    17 GMs (keep 25 before the draft and can't have more than 30)
    Pts only
    Start 9F,5D, 1G and 1 rookie

F : S.Crosby, R.Getzlaf, E.Staal, B.Richards, M.St-Louis, J.Benn, J.Voracek, A.Ladd, C.Kunitz
    R : Z.Dalpe
    D : J.Bouwmeester, J.McBain, D.Seidenberg, M.Staal, A.Babchuk
    G : I.Bryzgalov

Bench :P.Rinne, M.Cullen, V.Filppula, S.Koivu, M.Knuble, E.Jovanovski, T.Gilbert, M.Niskanen, J. Boychuk

Minor : M.Recchi, M.Ryder, R.Stoa, R.Torres, B.Gormley

@lambraf on twitter

I...am your father.

lambraf wrote:
    O\'Sullivan
    Stafford
    Vermette
    Zajac
    Kostitsyn A
    Kane

For the rest take whoever you want
    Move Kane to the top...also add Bochenski in there and get Vermette out of there.
    Bochenski fires 1000 pucks a day. That\'s part of his daily routine. He\'s boom or bust because of the other areas of his game.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Novice

Mueller is for sure # 1 on the list followed closely by O\'Sullivan, Hudler, Sterling and Stafford. Kane in a few years and the rest are duds.

Dobber Sports Novice

i dont see mueller\'s name on that list...
    this guy is all hype...he scored 24 goals in the whl last year..
    and now he is a 1st line centerman on an nhl team ????????
    kane in a landslide

Dobber Sports Novice

Look again, freddy has him #1 also. Mueller is hands down the #1 centre on Phoenix.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Kane
    Mueller
    O\'sullivan
    Kostitsyn
    Bochenski
    Points Only, H2H, #1
    C - Stamkos, Toews, Berglund, Bailey, Colborne
    LW - Neal, Burrows, J. Jokinen, MacArthur, Fleischmann
    RW - Gaborik, Kessel, Stafford, Hornqvist, Wheeler, Doan, Tedenby
    D - Doughty, Visnovsky, Whitney, Weber, Goligoski, Letang, Larsson
    G - Thomas, Rinne, S. Mason, Bernier, Rask

Points Only H2H, #2
    C - Thornton, Spezza, Koivu, Carter, Gomez
    LW - Ovechkin, Neal, Elias, S. Kostitsyn, Ennis
    RW - Kane, Hemsky, Hossa, Perry, Doan
    D - Weber, Boyle, Gonchar, Markov, Rundblad, Elliot
    G - Luongo, Bryzgalov, Elliot, Salak, Bernier

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Mueller only had 21 goals last season. He had 57 assists. He is not going to be a goal scorer at the next level. He will be a playmaker. He reminds me of a poormans Joe Thornton.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would have to agree, I think, down the road both O\'Sullivan and Kostitsyn outscore Mueller.. Goals that is.. Bochenski, not a roster spot in my league for this guy..
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

Welcome to the site freddytlee

Here\'s a list of potential \'snipers\'

Surefire NHL Snipers

Pat Kane - CHI
    Had 62 Goals in 58 games in the OHL and will most likely play with J.Toews in the NHL.

Alexei Cherepanov - NYR
    His 18 goals in the Russian Super League beat Pavel Bure\'s record for goals by a rookie and was named the top forward after leading the WJC in goals.

Potential Snipers

Brett Sterling - ATL
    Had seasons of 34 and 31 goals in the NCAA and had 55 goals to lead the AHL in 06-07. He\'s small, although his chances look good to make the NHL, there are some who doubt he will, personally I think he will, but with Kovalchuk and Hossa in Atlanta, he will not be the main sniper for awhile, and will have to wait his turn. But he could surprise sooner.

Petr Kalus - MIN
    had 36 goals in the WHL and 4 goals in 9 games with Boston last year. He\'s since been traded to Minnesota, fantasy-wise, Minny is seen as a bad team for offensive type players due to their defensive style.

Kyle Okposo - NYI
    Had 19 goals as a freshman in the NCAA, not astounding numbers, but some have compared him to a poor man\'s Iginla. Plays a power forward game, and as such, could take some time to develop (as Dobber says). You have to see \'the goal\', you can view it on youtube.

Patric Hornqvist - NSH
    Had 23 goals in the SEL, Probably a few years away. Joined the likes of Kent Nilsson, Peter Forsberg, Markus Naslund, Daniel Sedin and Tomas Sandstrom by scoring 20+ goals as a junior in the SEL.

Francois Bouchard - WSH
    Had 45 goals, but also had 80 assists in the QMJHL, so he could go either way. Some say he had a better prospect camp than Nicklas Backstrom, but they clicked nonetheless.

Troy Bouwer
    Had 49 goals in the WHL (albeit as an overager) and 41 goals in the AHL in 06-07. Due to Chicago\'s depth, he\'ll probably have to open some eyes for him to have any chance there. Possibly not as certain as the others on this list.

And one of my favourites of the 07 Entry Draft....

Simon Hjalmarsson - STL
    41gp-31g-23a-54pts in the swedish junior league and 6gp-4g-5a-9pts at the WU18\'s for Team Sweden this year. A linemate of Lars Eller this year, he like Eller, was drafted by St.Louis. They might end up playing om the same line there in the future, and with their chemistry they could potentially do some damage. He is on the small side, and is likely a few years away. He was named the most natural goal scorer of the 07 Entry Draft in the Hockey News Draft Review (could\'ve been done by forecaster.ca). Although I think that Kane or Cherepanov should\'ve got this \'title\', Hjalmarsson is a sniper in his own right.

I hope this helped, and good luck in your league

Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Recruit

No way I rank Bochenski ahead of Stafford