Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL survivor pool

Dobber Sports Guru

Default NFL survivor pool

Thought it would be fun to get a survivor pool going.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...assword=Dobber

Group is called Dobber. Password is Dobber.

Group ID is 33662.

Deadline isn't until Sunday at 1 p.m., so you don't need to worry about getting the pick in before Thursday's game.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: NFL survivor pool

I'll toss in a set of picks as long as I remember.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

Count me in
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Giant

Oh god, it's been a while since I participated in a survival league. I'm in for sure!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Awesome... thanks for setting it up. might need a weekly reminder in this chat.

Are we doing the survivor against the spread? I see spreads in there and this would be a new twist that I have never seen. I know I have seen pick em against the spread.

IS anyone interested in starting a pick' em league to (against the spread or straight up)

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Are we doing the survivor against the spread? I see spreads in there and this would be a new twist that I have never seen. I know I have seen pick em against the spread.

IS anyone interested in starting a pick' em league to (against the spread or straight up)
    I don't think it's against the spread, but I love spread pools as well. I can set something up. Would you be more interested in a Survivor pool against the spread or all the teams weekly?

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I don't think it's against the spread, but I love spread pools as well. I can set something up. Would you be more interested in a Survivor pool against the spread or all the teams weekly?
    I think pick'em against the spread would be fun. I think Survivor against the spread would be HARD!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Guru

I think pick'em against the spread would be fun. I think Survivor against the spread would be HARD!
    There's a website called bman.com where he posts the spread every Tuesday, and you can create a group to post picks. I can set something up tonight, but we'd miss the Thursday night game, obviously.

Dobber Sports Titan

Never having done survivor, is there anything to it other than just "pick a team that wins"?
    Do you have to pick a different team each week, or do you get more points for picking a team with a closer matchup, or am I trying to make it over complicated?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Never having done survivor, is there anything to it other than just "pick a team that wins"?
    Do you have to pick a different team each week, or do you get more points for picking a team with a closer matchup, or am I trying to make it over complicated?
    Once you pick a team... you can no longer pick that team for the rest of the year. There are not any extra points for close games or blowouts... just pick the winning team each week of the season.

I know, it seems easy... but it is a lot harder than one would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    There's a website called bman.com where he posts the spread every Tuesday, and you can create a group to post picks. I can set something up tonight, but we'd miss the Thursday night game, obviously.
    I think Yahoo has a pick'em that is available against the spread. I was in one last year in Yahoo against the spread...

Dobber Sports Titan

Once you pick a team... you can no longer pick that team for the rest of the year. There are not any extra points for close games or blowouts... just pick the winning team each week of the season.

I know, it seems easy... but it is a lot harder than one would expect.
    That's the little twist I was looking for. Perfect, thanks.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm in - thanks for organizing.

Dobber Sports Icon

Wow, glad I read this. I didn't realize that you couldn't pick a team you already picked. Nice little wrinkle. Definitely makes it more fun than just picking the Patriots for an undeafeated season