Thread: 1 has to go

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default 1 has to go

I need to keep 1 of these 2 LW. Last year I traded a decent amount to shore up my LW and picked up Hall before the season started. Midway through the season someone dropped Huberdeau and I stored him on my IR. I currently have Kane as a Keeper on my RW, Geaudreau as a LW, Rask and Vasilevsky as keeper Goalies. I have quite a few picks in the first 3 rounds to shore up my team with good depth but I find LW (due to players being kept) is one of the harder positions to have consistent scoring. I now find myself not knowing who to keep. ( I don't want to keep Hall based on my trading for him solely)

Scoring is G(3pts) A(2pts) +/- (+1pt, -1pt)

Huberdeau or Hall

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: 1 has to go

I think they're close production wise.

The shocking thing about Hall is that he's never scored 30 goals in a season. So even with the G bonus, this is closer than it looks at first glance

+1 -1 FOR +/- IS A BIG SWING. Based on teams Fla vs. NJ - that could be as much as a 35pt swing.

Give me Hubs here
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

i swear this is last year i say Hall is about to find consistency and be top 15 player....i pick Hall

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's really a bet on Hall staying healthy and if Nj's talent has matured enough for him to profit. I'm going with the safe bet with the talent around him and choosing Hubs. Luca also has an excelent point on the +\-

P.s. Welcome to the boards
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Recruit

Yeah the +/- can really push a player over the edge of good and bad lol. Hall was surprisingly only a -9 last year on one of the worst Devils teams I have seen. Schneider didn't play well and his D had a huge reason for that.

Where I'm currently at is I think Hall is the better player, Florida is the better team. Hubs plays with Barkov which helps, Hall will play with..... who knows. Hall had 55 its, again on a offensively brutal team. Hubs had 26 in his 30+ games played. Most draft kits Ive read either have them ranked one right after the other or 50% like hall and the other half go with Hubs. I wish there was someone I could keep to completely negate this debate as I have a unique skill of going the wrong way lol.

Dobber Sports Deity

Taylor Hall for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."