Thread: What is McAvoy Ceiling

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default What is McAvoy Ceiling

What are we projecting to be the young stars ceiling? 35-40 pts, good +/- player..

I am worried that he is being overhyped because of his 6 game stint in playoffs... Is he going to be a good top 4 Dman, Absolutely but is he really going to be a fantasy stud??

The Great One

Default Re: What is McAvoy Ceiling

I'm seeing an Ekblad trajectory. By that I mean the skill will be there, but that skill also might result in him playing tougher minutes. Plus, like Ekblad with Yandle, McAvoy is further hurt by the presence of a one-dimensional defenseman on his team (in his case, Krug).
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like that comparison... But I would think that Ekblad is better yet considering he jumped in right after being drafted and was a stud!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Key difference though is that Krug has only 3 years left on his contract, Yandle has 6. You might see McAvoy get looks in 18/19 by Boston to see whether he is able to supplant Krug before the latter has to be resigned for bigger bucks.
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020