Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who should I be looking at 6th?

The Great One

Default Who should I be looking at 6th?

NHL entry draft in my salary/dynasty- competetive team now:

Im re-thinking my pick at 6. Dont want to say who it is in case anybody in my league is riding but essentially its a reach for a high risk/high reward player.

That being said its my first salary cap dynasty and Im realizing I have virtually no ELCs guaranteed to come down the pipeline. Who should I target here that has upside but is a little bit less of a gamble???

Whoa draft just started too!! Slow draft so Ive got time...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Who should I be looking at 6th?

Man if I was starting a salary cap dynasty right now who would I value...

Im so many years deep into my specific dynasty pool its hard to imagine starting over again. I guess I'd start by using Dobber's top skaters list for general reference, and would keep an eye out for youth and guys who are on great contracts already.

Scheifele
    Kucherov
    Laine
    Matthews
    Eichel
    Seguin
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

The Great One

Oh sorry- this years entry draft- lol!! Ill fix that...

Dobber Sports Deity

Without knowing who goes before your picks its hard to say.

That being said, if you do a search you should have no trouble finding who people like in and around that draft spot. Lots of rankings threads already.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I see a million threads about who was taken but nobody saying why they took them- lol!!

The Great One

Hate to bump- but Im 3 picks away- lol!!!

No surprises yet- Nico, Nolan, Middles...

The Great One

Valiardi? Tippett? Pettersen?

Aahhhhh!!!!!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Valiardi? Tippett? Pettersen?

Aahhhhh!!!!!
    yes. and in that order for me.

The Great One

So just to clarify- it is a goal/sog weighted league where positions matter. Does that give Tippett an edge here- or should I just be taking Valiardi based on his likehhood to make an impact in the NHL?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    So just to clarify- it is a goal/sog weighted league where positions matter. Does that give Tippett an edge here- or should I just be taking Valiardi based on his likehhood to make an impact in the NHL?
    I wouldn't worry too much about positions when you're drafting 18-year-old kids. Many of the centers there end up playing wing anyways, and centers usually end up with higher point totals than wingers, so when I'm drafting young kids for the future, I don't mind drafting centers at all.

Personally, I'd select whoever is left from Glass, Pettersson and Suzuki. But Vilardi is really close as well.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about positions when you're drafting 18-year-old kids. Many of the centers there end up playing wing anyways, and centers usually end up with higher point totals than wingers, so when I'm drafting young kids for the future, I don't mind drafting centers at all.

Personally, I'd select whoever is left from Glass, Pettersson and Suzuki. But Vilardi is really close as well.
    No Tippett??

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post

Im also confused about all the love Glass gets? Its only one season and his game sounds pretty meat and potatoes from what Im reading...

Dobber Sports Deity

Look at who drafted Glass. Vegas drafted him 6th overall with the premise that whoever they got at that spot would be a building block for them long term. Glass was the lucky winner.

He really has limited competition in front of him in a couple of years. I had him ranked 3rd overall on my fantasy ranking once the NHL draft was completed.

If he's still there at 6 (which I highly doubt) he's the easy choice for me. Remember, at this point there are no sure things. A lot of it comes down to future opportunities. I think you are simply over thinking this whole thing.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Actually my team name in this league is the vegas golden knights too- lol!

Ive got Neal and Perron- already traded Tuch and Theodore though- lol!

Youre right probably wont slip- after that valiardi, tippett or pettersen?

Dobber Sports Deity

I prefer Pettersson then Vilardi.