Thread: Keep 16

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Keep 16

Hi guys!

I am in a keepers league and i need your thoughts on which top 16 players would you keep in my signature. Here my top 16 that i am thinking choosing :

-McDavid
    -Backstrom
    -Tarasenko
    -Pavelski
    -Laine
    -Granlund
    -Johansen
    -Skinner
    -Turris
    -Atkinson
    -Klingberg
    -Simmonds
    -Burakovsky
    -Bobrovski
    -Price
    -Vasilevskiy

I am really not sure with my last 2. I am hesitating between Klingberg, Burakovsky and Hayes. I think Klingberg will be much better this year with an improve Dallas team (Radoulov and Methot who was used to play with a D-man like Karlsson). For Burakovsky, i think that with Johansson gone, he will play on the second line. For me, Burakovsky has the best long term potential compared to Hayes.

P.S. I can put Bjorkstrand in my top 16 but i am thinking to keep him in my protected list one more year. I do not think he is ready yet to help me win this year.

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks
    Keep 16 - 30 roster - 10 Teams
    2 Active Goalie, 1 Active team, 17 Active skaters, 8 bench, 2 protected

Goalie: Bobrovsky, Vasilevskiy, Dostal
    Team: -
    Skaters: McDavid, Rantanen, Fiala, Makar, Q. Hughes, Ovechkin, Skinner, Malkin, Scheifele, Kopitar, Laine,
    Protected: Kemell, Nazar

Skaters: (Goal 1PT)(Assist 1PT)
    Goalies: (Win 2PTS)(Shutout 3PTS)

2016-2017, 2017-2018 C
    hampionship Winner

The Great One

Default Re: Keep 16

So there are no positional requirement - that is, if Klingberg scores "X" points he's no better/different than a forward who scores "X" points? Just wondering.

I think Hayes might outpoint Bura this season, but Bura has more breakout potential and more likely than not will be the better longterm bet. Of course, chances are you can find someone better than both of them from the 14 non-retained players you draft, so keep that in mind, meaning you may want the better short term guy if both won't even be retained after this year. Kilngberg probably is a solid bet for about 50 this season and the next few, so if you think that's more than Hayes or Bura then go with him.

Just an FYI - I think Pietrangelo will outscore Klingberg this season, so there's that to consider as well.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Your list is mostly on point: definitely keep Burakovsky and Klingberg over Hayes, no second thought required there.

The one change I'd make I sure to replace Turris with Pietrangelo. As much as I love Turris as a player, we can reliably expect 50-60 pts, especially in Ottawa's defensively minded structure under Boucher. Pietrangelo could flirt with 50 if Yeo uses his heavy hand. If you don't protect Pietrangelo, he will be gone from the waiver wire until he is no longer relevant.

Protect Bjorkstrand until he has his coming out party, which may be this year. Hayes, Turris, Parayko, Giordano and Suter can all be re-drafted, or you can get equivalents.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm with the others - Pietrangelo and Klingberg should be keepers for you. Turris is replaceable, assuming of course you need to have a certain number of D. If there are no positional requirements at all, then maybe you keep Turris for reliability.

There's a lot of talk Pietrangelo could be lined up for his career year, and Klingberg should bounce back with the rest of the Stars. Burakovsky has likely higher upside than Hayes, that's where I'd gamble a little bit if I were you. Even if Bura doesn't take a big step up, they're not that far apart.

Dobber Sports Novice

Yes there is no difference between a Defense and a Offense. Thanks for your feedback. In my list, i did not see Pietrangelo making my top 16. I think he will be picked far in the draft and therefore would be available later than Klingberg!
    Keep 16 - 30 roster - 10 Teams
    2 Active Goalie, 1 Active team, 17 Active skaters, 8 bench, 2 protected

Goalie: Bobrovsky, Vasilevskiy, Dostal
    Team: -
    Skaters: McDavid, Rantanen, Fiala, Makar, Q. Hughes, Ovechkin, Skinner, Malkin, Scheifele, Kopitar, Laine,
    Protected: Kemell, Nazar

Skaters: (Goal 1PT)(Assist 1PT)
    Goalies: (Win 2PTS)(Shutout 3PTS)

2016-2017, 2017-2018 C
    hampionship Winner

Dobber Sports Rookie

Keep klingberg and bukarovski but its very close...

Dobber Sports Genius

Goalie: Price, Bobrovsky, Vasilevskiy
    Skaters: McDavid, Backstrom, Tarasenko, Pavelski, Laine, Granlund, Johansen, Skinner, Turris, Atkinson, Klingberg, Simmonds, Carlson

That would be my top 16
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).