Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2017 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 7

Default Re: 2017 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    You find it fantastic because you won. I didn't find it as fantastic.

I thought I had it until Sunday night when Brown went off for 1,000 fantasy points. The big difference was my choice in defence. I started KC against Buffalo, and it got me three fantasy points. On my bench was Los Angeles Chargers, who scored 19 fantasy points.

I didn't think I had a chance Monday night. So it was fun to see my point total slowly creep up.
    lol...fair point. Honestly, I would have gone with KC-D vs BUF too. That's why I always preach the predicting game script is so tough.
    @SmittysRant

Fug. I just benched AB for Tyrell Williams only to undo the move and re-insert AB back into the starting lineup. This is fun.

@SmittysRant

I lost by .87.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

10th place is not normally what I shoot for, but shit, I’ll take it jaha.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

On the bright side Bomm, 6, 7, 8, and 9th all lost, so you still make the top 6

The Wolverine

I avoided relegation by 5.88 points. Two years in a row surviving by the slimmest of margins.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    On the bright side Bomm, 6, 7, 8, and 9th all lost, so you still make the top 6
    I just saw that. ...and a rematch vs TDs n Beer in the quarterfinals VENGEANCE SHALL BE MINE!!!

[ahem]

Sorry.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Did I win this week?

I am at sea and I don't have access to Yahoo on the boat so I can't see.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I win this week?

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Final Regular Season Standings:

*1 Goon Squad 10-3-0 1236.08
    *2 The Frisky Hobbit 9-4-0 1205.88

*3 Coverdale Colts 8-5-0 1244.82
    *4 TD's N Beer! 8-5-0 1127.24
    *5 logo Can You Diggs It?! 7-6-0 1116.32
    *6 logo Fighting Newfies 7-6-0 1105.36

7 Zorro's LongSnappers 7-6-0
    8 Graham Quackers 7-6-0
    9 Bettman Fumbles 6-7-0
    10 Gronkin In The Night 6-7-0 1070.54...
    11 Tears of Joique 5-8-0 1117.70...
    12 The Hills Have Hydes 4-9-0 1031.44...

13 Powerplay QB 4-9-0 1026.56...
    14 Password is Taco 3-10-0 1101.74...

A sort of justifiably crazy year.
    Congrats to our regular season champ, Goon Squad (skybleacher), who had the most consistent team all season.
    Also HUGE congrats to The Frisky Hobbit (The Comish) who opened the season 1-4 and then rallied for EIGHT straight wins!

A couple teams limped into the top tier playoffs... where anything can happen.

Two teams relegated.
    Our long time friend Loch will be demoted for the 2nd straight season! (LOL) - Circumstance saved him last year, but probably not next!
    And our patch-in emergency GM, NikW71, will go play in with the NOOBs next season - where he would've been had it not been for good timing of us having somebody drop out late!

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Did I win this week?

Yes, you won.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

***End of Regular Season post-mortem***

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    My Team: Graham Quackers

So... I dislike when people build-in "pre-excuses" for their fantasy football season, but that's how I'll start.
    On Friday afternoon, I spent an hour at work planning my draft strategy and decided I needed a rock at RB, with limited competition, somebody healthy.
    I identified Melvin Gordon, RB (LAC) to be there at #5 overall, and vowed to take him.
    Fast forward 6 hours, my kid had a birthday dinner, followed by my wife needing me to clean up, + slow internet = missed my opening round pick.
    Cursed, loudly. (Temporarily mad at wife who says "Is this really a big deal?...")
    Meh, guess... not.

Round 1: Odell Beckham, JR (WR-NYG) -auto-drafted. (Wanted Melvin Gordon).
    But from there, the picks are all mine.
    Round 2: Amari Cooper (WR-OAK)... felt "the end" coming of the top two tiers of WRs, about 10 guys - you never want to miss the end of a tier.
    Round 3: Aaron Rodgers (QB-GB). I usually try to "value draft" a QB, but part of missing out on RB meant needing lots of slots, so drafting just ONE QB and then ONE TE, I realized, would allow me this luxury.
    Round 4: Jimmy Graham (TE-SEA). I like Graham in that top 4-5 TEs, see above note.
    Round 5: Jarvis Landry (WR-MIA). What I like about Landry (among the guys available) was his Bye Week 11. OBJ is Bye 8, Cooper is Bye 10... and...
    Round 6: Mike Gillislee (RB-NE). Not huge on this pick, but I set a reminder to get NE RB2 as well... there will be TD there... and ground carries with leads.
    Round 7: Chris Hogan (WR-NE). Hogan has a Bye in 9. That gives me 4 WRs with BYEs in 8/9/10/11. Done with WR - and I can roll this all year, barring injuries.
    After this, I went with RBs in SEVEN, 7!!!!, straight rounds:
    8th: Rawls (SEA)
    9th: Sproles (PHI - Blount sucks)
    10th: McFadden (DAL - hoping he's a starting two RB for a few weeks with Zeke hopefully still suspended)
    11th: Burkhead (NE, insurance on Gillislee)
    12th: Jam.Williams (GB)
    13th: C.Sims (TB, since dropped for OAK-D, playing week #2 vs. NYJ)
    14th: Jon.Williams (BUF, since dropped for McManus, K-DEN)
    15th: Buffalo (D), opening week vs. NYJ

Do I like my team?
    Meh, I suppose. I would've much preferred a solid RB1, esp with OBJ injured possibly week #1.
    But, I really like my strategy on the fly, needing just one QB (until Week 8), one TE (until Week 6).

Yahoo projections actually put me with a top 3 grade (B+), draft day projection, and power ranking.
    The "numbers" shake out really well in this 14-team league, with Rodgers having such a great differential above the waiver-level QB.

We all know RBs will go down, and I have set up a system where I have five of them on my bench.
    Out of the gate, Week #1, I have a Yahoo projection score of 103.46pts - tops in league... so for now, barring injury, team looks solid.
    I'm counting on McFadden getting the DAL-RB start... and I really need to beat the league's projected weak team, Fightin' Newfs, to get a good start.
    Hopefully I'll figure out the RB-mess within 3-4 weeks.

Thought I'd re-visit my draft.
    Despite my start (6-1) and my end (1-5) and final record... 7-6... it was my best season ever.
    Sometimes luck (good & bad) doesn't really shine through the efforts in fantasy football.

In my final week of the season, I lost by just 5pts.
    I was without my 1st round pick (OBJ-injured)... my 2nd round pick (Cooper-injured)... and my 3rd round pick (Rodgers-injured).
    My team really wasn't strong enough to contend in top tier playoffs - but that's just for lack of bad luck of injuries.

As my targeted strategy went, I'm actually gonna give myself an A- to A... I really had a great draft strategy, even in retrospect.
    My draft day projection team was 11-2 (tops in league) and my draft day point total (1226.65) was also tops in league, by Yahoo! auto-calc (which yeah, is subjective, but fairly solid indicator).
    My desired 1st round pick, Melvin Gordon, finished with 161.70pts - which put him in the 4th-6th best RBs.
    My 2nd round pick, Amari Cooper, stunk... though I don't recall anybody on any fantasy site thinking he could have a dismal year on lack of focus and ball-dropping.
    My 3rd round pick, Rodgers, would've been a terrific pick in a league where QBs ran completely dry. I was trying to patch in QBs every week post-injury, which justifies targeting a really good one.
    My 4th round pick, Jimmy Graham, finished as the 4th best TE and highest TD-catching TE in league. Engram not being on any radars, Graham's 103pts was a full 20pts above everybody outside of Kelce-1, Gronk-2, and Ertz-3.
    My 5th round pick, Jarvis Landry finished as the 19th best WR. That's pretty solid - roughly where I drafted him.
    I hedged my 6th round pick, Gillislee (who won me week #1) with Burkhead - who emerged as the top producing RB for NE by end of season.
    And my 7th round pick, Chris Hogan was a top 10 WR while he was healthy through.

Ultimately... my end line of my post-draft analysis was this: "Hopefully I'll figure out the RB-mess within 3-4 weeks".
    It took... TWELVE. Sproles got injured, the DAL RB situation was as fuzzy as the NFL could make it, Gillislee went downhill and NE patched in flavors, I dumped Jam-Williams with GB going A.Jones, who then goes down...

But my I had finally found two RBs I was happy with for Week #13:
    RB1 Alex Collins 21.80pts w/2TD [I very, very patiently waited to use my waiver claim until I saw a Thursday night game that oozed "This guy, rest of season" from A.Collins". Good use of claim.]
    RB2 Rex Burkhead 22.30pts w/2TD
    These were the 3rd & 4th highest scoring RBs of Week 13.

With a healthy squad, I win my last two weeks with wins, finish at 9-4 with close to 1100+ pts... 3rd place.
    That would've been a good season.

Ah - but injuries. A tad lucky in the 1st half... very very unlucky in the 2nd half.
    Now I have a Consolation BYE week... and then Aaron Rodgers is BACK bitches!!! Haha! I'm still aiming to show what I got!!!

Good luck to those of you alive shooting for the Championship Tier!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Yes, you won.
    Sweet! We were in Boston for the weekend and I was able to see the scoring on Sunday through the day, and I knew it was close (or at least it was the last time I looked at it later in the afternoon) so I wanted to double check. Me and a couple of my shipmates actually went to a local sports pub down near the TD Garden to watch the Pats game. They had five other big screens going with other games so I thankfully didn't have to watch just the Pats. It was bad enough watching their fans in the sports bar and their actions during the game. One of the guys I was with is a big Pats fan so he wanted the experience of watching a game at a local sports bar. He enjoyed himself so that was the main thing I guess.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I snuck in, but w/Brady and AB anything can happen. Eff YaHoo! post-draft grade too. What do they know - had me at 4-5 wins most. One week I forgot to add my WW trans to my active roster ( i swear I'm losing my mind).

Regardless, thankful to be in the hunt. Congrats to all that made it, and big thanks to P7 for doing all the work in getting this off the ground each year.

@SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Well, my playoffs aren;t off to a great start after watching both of my RBs kinda crap the bed. Now I am praying for Garroppolo to pull off a miracle today. I simply cant trust Stafford and his bum throwing hand.

I dont like my chances today.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Also HUGE congrats to The Frisky Hobbit (The Comish) who opened the season 1-4 and then rallied for EIGHT straight wins!
    Just wow. When I was at 1-4, I really was concerned about relegation. Some of my wins were by the skin of my teeth, so those 8 wins in a row included a healthy dose of luck! Two underrated things that helped my run - K-Greg Zuerlein. He has outpointed all K by 33 pts. Nice pick up. My pick up of QB-Alex Smith (ranked 3rd in the league) gave me match up options to Kirk Cousins. My thoughts on the BAL defense panned out - they are the 2nd best fantasy defense so far this year.

What a range of emotions for me this season. All the best to those in the playoffs.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket