Thread: Turris/Kane

Della Madonna

Default Turris/Kane

Hello,

I can afford to waite 2 or 3 years for major impact.
    I have pick number 1-4-9 in the first round. I really like Kane but im changing idea to draft Turris and also Price is availlable and all the 2007 draftis available and the big guns from 2006 and 2005 are all drafted.

Should i trade my 4-9 pick for the second over all and Draft Turris and Kane or should take a chance and wait maybe i will get lucky.

Who would you pick first.

thanks

MDM

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re:Turris/Kane

even if you can wait.. Kane. Turris is at least two or three years away from just playing in the league.. Chicago is going to be better sooner.

I also like Chicago\'s supporting cast a bit better.. (Toews, Seabrook, Barker, Bolland, Brouwer, Skille vs. Hanzal, Mueller, Yandle, Wheeler, etc)
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Sophomore

depending on how your pool\'s scoring works and your situation in net, i\'d be very tempted by Price at #1. then maybe package 4 and 9 to move up to #2 if you really want one of Kane/Turris.

Although if you take Price with #1, then at four you\'re getting to get one of Kane, Turris, Cherapanov, Espo, Van R, and at 9 you would also get someone like Couture, Hamill, Voracek, Gagner

Again, i\'d really think about Price at 1 and the best two forwards you can with #4 and #9.

I...am your father.

Can you get Price at 4? Or is that too much to ask? It would be sweet if you can get Kane and Price at 1 and 4.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Della Madonna

Hello,

Originaly, #1 Kane and Price #4 was my objective. My situation in nets is very good, I Have Luongo, I trade Lethonen( i was affraid of injuries) for Hedjuk and for a 1 rounder which was pick number 9. I did it because Biron, Toskala, Emry, Nabokov,Bernier Price rask Harding and a few more good goalies are still available. It would be smart to draft a foward and a goaler like price. I also did it because i need a foward like hejduk on my team, i needed a winger

Its turris that confuses me more, if i draft Kane, i migh get lucky and catch Price with pick #4 but i wont catch Turris number 9 and if Price is drafted with pic 2 or 3 i can still get Turris at number 4 and come back with Bernier or even Rask with Pick #9

Thats why i was asking you gentlemens a general opinion on tradeind pick 4 and 9 for 2 to secure the 2 top Turris / Kane ( according to me )or keep my draft pick and go with the flow.

This is my opinion

Thanks

MDM

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would definitely not trade #4 and #9 for the second overall. Sure you\'d be guaranteed to get Kane and Turris, but the way things stand now you have an excellent chance of getting Kane and Turris or Kane and Price with #1 and #4 PLUS you\'ll still have pick #9 in what sounds like a very good draft.
    My pool
    Goals = 1 point, Assists = 1/2 point, Goals Against = -1/2 point

Fowards: S. Stamkos, J. Neal, M. Moulson, M. Read, N. Foligno, B. Wheeler, L. Stempniak, J. Pavelski, B. Flynn, S. Bernier

D-men: S. Weber, PK Subban, D. Phaneuf, J. Carlson, TJ Brodie, B. Smith, M. Irwin, B. Dillon, K. Cumiskey,

Goalies: Nashville, Chicago, St. Louis

Farm: T. Rattie, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, J. Zucker, J. Akeson, M. Sgarbossa, A. Yogan, M. St. Croix, M. Friberg, E. Gelinas, A. Ness, J. Muzzin, MA Bourdon, S. Harrington, R. Smith, C. Emmerton, M. Mayorov, I. Makarov, P. Maroon

Dobber Sports Stud

Hello Della Madonna \'et al\'

I would recommend that you consider that Turris wears the number 9. Go with Kane and Price (if you fortunate enough to get him at 4) and then hopefully the other gms in your pool will think that Turris is 4 years away and you can get him at 9.

My thoughts.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don\'t see how you couldn\'t take Price at #1. He arguably has the most value of any prospect in the NHL. Regardless of your goaltending situation, Price is a much more valuable asset than Kane (or Turris/Espo/Cherepanov etc.). Go with Price at #1 and then whatever forward of that ilk is available at #4.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Given the more complete list of who is available i\'d definitely not package #4 and 9 to move up.

Regardless you\'ve got a nice dilemma on your hands with a lot of talent to choose from. My earlier post about Price is still worth considering, but given that there are so many good goalies available, you can afford to wait on Price and still grab, Nabby, Emery, Harding, Bernier, with a later pick if Price is gone.

Are there any more established forwards available that are worth considering too? You might also look at the teams with the other high picks. What type of GMs are they, are they after guys that can help them now, or later, do they need goalies or help up front, are they fans of particular teams (like Montreal in the case of Price). All of that may help you map out your strategy.

Definitely let us know how this plays out once the draft actually starts.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Agreed. There might be a debate over which player to choose at which spot, but to me there is no question that the #4 and #9 in your draft is worth much more than the #2 pick.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What about packaging the #9 with something to move up to #2? Do you have any 2nd round picks, or someone that this guys likes (preferably young and unproven). I would explore that option, point out the possibilities of who he could pick up with the #9 pick. You would end up with the better pick, and theoretically the better player in the end.
    Under Construction

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is how I would draft if I was you... Kane number one... let the next two guys work it.. that way.. you will land eather turris or price,,, but if both are taken.. then you will have to chose from espo or cherry.. which is a great choice on your part also... because some people feel that both of those guys have just as much upside as kane and turris.. because of the teams they are on.... then with 9 you can pick your goalie up.. and bernier would be my choice.. he has allot more upside in fantasy hockey than price does... so let someone else take the over hyped price.. and land the better fantasy goalie in bernier! hope this will help you..

Della Madonna

Hello,

All GMs are from Montreal, we all know what price can do, chances are Price will be picked in the top 3.
    A GM traded to move up in the draft in 3rd place,and im pretty sure he will draft him if he\'s available. he his probably reading this as well lol.

Odds of who i will draft first its

Kane 40 % Production machine
    Price 25 % Future star goltender
    Turris 20 % the word is the next yzerman
    Esposito 10 % hight risk the sky is the limit with PIT
    Cherry 5 % Record as rookie in RSL even with if it was done with better player and more game then bure, he stille deserve consideration

I never add the chance to draft firts and now that it happends there isent a actual undisputed number guy to go for. I dont want to say in 3 or 4 years Fukc i should have picked Turris instead of Kane or Kane instead of Price or Price instead Cherry or Cherry instead Esposito.
    I want to nail the best possible guy.

But what ever happen i still get 2 great prospect and i solid number 9 as well, I try to move up in the draft with my number 9 pick.

Thanks for the advise
    Its awlways appreciated, i will post the results when available.

MDM