Thread: Prospect Rankings, Offensive Ceiling

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Prospect Rankings, Offensive Ceiling

Approaching 4th round of our rookie draft, just wanted to get some thoughts on how you'd rank some forwards and defense that are available. These are players I have in my queue:

Jakob forsbacka-karlsson
    Troy terry
    eeli tolvanen (im sure his hopping overseas dropped him down)

Philippe myers
    Rasmus andersson
    Kyle wood

So how would you rank each group (offensively, multi-cat) I actually have 4 picks this round but planning on using one for a goalie (bonus points if you want to rank husso, hogberg and soderstrom)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Prospect Rankings, Offensive Ceiling

From that group I like Phillipe Myers the most. JFK and Kyle Wood come up behind him. Tolvanen next, then Terry and Andersson.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    From that group I like Phillipe Myers the most. JFK and Kyle Wood come up behind him. Tolvanen next, then Terry and Andersson.
    I would probably swap Tolvanen and Wood. You're drafting for the upside at this point, which Tolvanen has over Wood (who is the safer bet).

For me the goalies would be:
    Soderstrom
    Husso
    Hogberg
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Forwards:
    JFK
    Tolvanen
    Terry

Defense:
    Wood
    Andersson/Myers (I think these two are close and have a lot of good defensemen ahead of them in their respective systems: crapshoot trying to sort for now)

Goalies:
    Soderstrom
    Husso
    Hogberg (although his opportunity at the moment is greater than Husso's IMO)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by bergman View Post
    Forwards:
    JFK
    Tolvanen
    Terry

Defense:
    Wood
    Andersson/Myers (I think these two are close and have a lot of good defensemen ahead of them in their respective systems: crapshoot trying to sort for now)

Goalies:
    Soderstrom
    Husso
    Hogberg (although his opportunity at the moment is greater than Husso's IMO)
    I like hogberg for the opportunity too. Though I think soderstrom has it too with sorokin biding his time in the khl.

What could you imagine JFK's ceiling being? At this point things are definitely a crapshoot but its always nice to pie in the sky the situation.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think JFK probably has about a 65-pt upside. He's put up good college numbers, has okay size, and doesn't hve a ton of great competition at centre in Boston's system. He could be a middle-six Centre and maybe settle as the second centre. Don't think he will explode with points for many years, though.