player salaries tres import

11 teams

$260 to purchase 25 players

15 active fw\'s; g\'s a\'s pm\'s +/-
7 active d; pts pms +/-
3 active goalies; w\'s gaa

25 player reserve roster which doesn\'t count against your cap

start of each year ( today ) may keep 13 active and three reserve

i have five good reserves; oshie, brassard, rinne, elliot, and varlamov, and 11 good keepers, including three starting goalies ( toskala, theodore, and biron ).

had decided to keep rinne, oshie and brassard

now been offered in trade, two of kovalchuk, ballard, vermette, or s. kostitsyn.

clearly, salaries are key to success in this league. e.g. crosby is $44, turco $34, lidstrom $28, hemsky $18, to give some perspective.

from above, kovalchuk $29, vermette $4, s. kostitsyn $7, and ballard $1 ( lowest possible salary ).

i have lots of cash to spend at the coming auction, and there are a few good forwards available...but not many, and there are far fewer goalies available than teams need.

i can reject the deal, keep rinne as one of my reserves, and have a back-up goalie who doesn\'t count against my cap

or i can trade rinne for two of the four offered above, and keep either elliot or varlamov

thoughts?

ty
spitball

leaning towards ballard and vermette...though after yesterday\'s deal, and the encouraging news about christiensen, thinking kovalchuk might be a good option as well. ( anyone else see s kostitsyn having a bust-out year, w +/- and pms...?)