Thread: Logan Brown upside

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Logan Brown upside

Hi all!

My first post here! First I'd like to give a shout to this awesome board and everyone who contributed to Prospects Draft Kit. Such a great read! Can't wait for NHL fantasy kit!

Anyway, I have to trim my prospects roster to five before my league's draft. The guys I intend to keep are Pulock, Theodore, Juolevi, Bjorkstrand, Labanc and McLeod. I'll move one of them to a main roster so I have 5 in a prospect roster. Logan seems the odd man out because from my point of view he's the furthest from making NHL and even if he does in a year or two, where do Sens fit him at center?

I mean, Turris, Brassard, White and that pesky Pageau he'd have to deal with that may delay his arrival even further. But Dobber ranks him pretty high on a lists. Am I making a mistake if I drop him? Not sure I'll be able to trade him either as other managers are in a same predicaments with their own teams. How does Brown stack against McLeod? I almost quietly wish Ottawa trades him to a team more shallow on Centers.

Cheers

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Logan Brown upside

from what i've read about him he is a real boom or bust prospect. watched a few video on him, reminds me of joe thornton. id say 60-65 pts in the high end.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Have you tried shopping your other prospects? Maybe you could trade someone like Juolevi for a good draft pick and then keep Brown instead.

Dobber Sports Initiate

After listening to the Dobber Prospects Podcast, I guess he had a horrible development camp

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to such a great community. Look forward to seeing more posts from you.

Anyways to your question... I think his upside is great his ceiling is high, but as others have mentioned his floor is low as well. True boom or bust type prospect... IF you cannot move him I would take a chance on dropping him. Especially when you like your other prospects better and you stated that other teams are in the same predicament. If they are in the same predicament, then they are likely not to pick him up, and if they do they have to drop someone that you might like better anyways.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would say 65 point upside. But the floor is low

Dobber Sports Ninja

Welcome Vortex! You are right to surmise (see Ma, I told ya I could use it in a sentence) that Brown is the furthest away from NHL employment. Those big guys almost always seem to take longer anyway, let alone when their path is somewhat blocked.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Jedi

I agree he's a boom or bust. and I'd also try to move Juolevi or McLeod, or Brown for a pick, whoever garners the best return. One thing I disagree with though is that his path is blocked. Yes, the Sens have 3 bonafide C's on their roster and White coming... but I don't see them entirely blocking his path. None of them are irreplaceable. They aren't Getzlaf, Bergeron, or Backstrom. If Brown becomes the Boom prospect, he'll quickly take the seat of the top C and they'll move someone else out. Short term path is blocked... long term - is up to him where he falls. There are no true #1C's or studs sitting in his path. A lot of 2's fill the seat currently
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thank you all for responding!

I decided to drop him if no one trades for him. I am not too kin to move my D prospects as it's a weakest position on my main roster. My Centers getting old so I really want to stack up on them through minors as well and with majority of blue chip prospects already owned I'll try to draft as many Cs as I can.

Projecting that Hischier/Patrick will go off the board right away and Guenzel probably in top three as well, with my fifth overall pick there still be some good Centers to be had like Steel, Eriksson Ek , Glass, Vilardi and Roslovic down the list. I also have two picks in a second round ( 12 teams). So if Brown still there I'd probably redraft him.

Keep up a great work!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex71 View Post
    Thank you all for responding!

I decided to drop him if no one trades for him. I am not too kin to move my D prospects as it's a weakest position on my main roster. My Centers getting old so I really want to stack up on them through minors as well and with majority of blue chip prospects already owned I'll try to draft as many Cs as I can.

Projecting that Hischier/Patrick will go off the board right away and Guenzel probably in top three as well, with my fifth overall pick there still be some good Centers to be had like Steel, Eriksson Ek , Glass, Vilardi and Roslovic down the list. I also have two picks in a second round ( 12 teams). So if Brown still there I'd probably redraft him.

Keep up a great work!
    With your shallow prospect rosters I wouldn't worry about D prospects too much... they're hit or miss almost as much as G's in terms of NHL production at the next level - Bouwmeester is a prime example. Guys like Dermott, Nielsen, Fox, Wood, Graves, Walman, Butcher - should all be available in your pool and may end up performing better than Juolevi... you just gotta be able to time your claims right. Be nothing worse than drawing attention to your sleeper UFA only to see him get a 3 game spot and sent back down for the rest of the season, making everyone else aware
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I really don't like Brown as a prospect and think he's going to be one of those guys who never does much. However, Ottawa is pretty smart with their drafting so you can probably trust them more than me.