Thread: Igor Makarov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Igor Makarov

Dobber was huge on this guy as a potential surprize calder candidate. i have not heard anything about him other then what dobber had in the prospect guide. anyone have anything on this guy?

I...am your father.

Default Re:Igor Makarov

I said that he wouldn\'t play this year, but will be a Calder candidate when he comes over, which is likely in two years, but possibly next year.

He\'s a good one thoughB)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

I hope Dobber is right, which im sure he will be cause its Dobber after all, i just traded for him.

Sykora and Zubrus

for

Cherepanov and Makarov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Wow thats an ugly trade. You gave away two guys entering quality situations for two Russians who may never see the inside of an NHL arena. Cherepanov might be great in a couple of years or he might blow a knee. Sykora is going to tear it up this year and Zubrus could be Elias and Gionta\'s line mate in New Jersey.

Being on the other side of trades like this is why I am a six time champion in my league.
    6 Time CDHL Badger Cup Champion. www.cdhl.ca
    C Stamkos, Getzlaf, Carter, Roy, Turris, etc
    L Elias, Tanguay, Perron, Berglund, Foligno, Booth etc
    R Horton, Hornqvist, Giroux, Voracek, C. Smith, etc
    D Keith, Burns, Phaneuf, Jay-Bo, Myers, Tyutin, Kaberle, etc.
    G Vokoun, Quick, Emery, Bernier, Tokarski

I...am your father.

I\'m not a Zubrus fan, but I think you could have pushed for a lot more for Sykora alone. You let him off easy!

Cherepanov and Makarov are good prospects, but they\'re still only prospects. Negotiate harder!

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have no chance at winning this year. Plus i think Cherepanov is going to be an amazing player. I dont really like Zubrus either. Ya Sykora will tear up the league this year cause he will be playing with Crosby, but what would his 70-80 points this year do for me? nothing but move me down on the draft board

The Great One

jlucas09 wrote:
    I have no chance at winning this year. Plus i think Cherepanov is going to be an amazing player. I dont really like Zubrus either. Ya Sykora will tear up the league this year cause he will be playing with Crosby, but what would his 70-80 points this year do for me? nothing but move me down on the draft board
    I think the trade suits your long term goals and kudos for not lashing back at Mr. Sixtimechampion for his comments ( which I might add were made without regard to your cureent situation). Karma for you!

Sykora signed for 2 years to be Crosby\'s wingman. I would have shopped him the day after his first hat trick of the season and received, Makarov, Cherepanov and a more established prospect with up side. I didn\'t mean the comments to be as disparaging as Emu makes them out to be. I was just pointing out the guy who made that deal is pretty happy someone in his pool doesn\'t care how he does this year.

jlucas, I hope for all our sakes both those prospects pan out for you (and us), and I wish you luck getting the first overall selection next fall. (Thats as close to an apology as I get B) )

Post edited by: SirKnight, at: 2007/08/18 20:58
    6 Time CDHL Badger Cup Champion. www.cdhl.ca
    C Stamkos, Getzlaf, Carter, Roy, Turris, etc
    L Elias, Tanguay, Perron, Berglund, Foligno, Booth etc
    R Horton, Hornqvist, Giroux, Voracek, C. Smith, etc
    D Keith, Burns, Phaneuf, Jay-Bo, Myers, Tyutin, Kaberle, etc.
    G Vokoun, Quick, Emery, Bernier, Tokarski

Dobber Sports Stud

jlucas09 wrote:
    I don\'t dispute Cherapanov\'s value, but I think you could have done better had you been a bit more patient. The years when you\'re not challenging for anything are ideal for biding your time and selling high... and in this case (assuming all went well) that would have been ten or twenty games into the season.
    T.G.

jlucas09 wrote:
    I would have held out for more on this, since there is no gaurantee than Cherry and Makarov will even play next year as well.... Sykora is in Pitts for 2 years and a good start to the season with Sid would have upped the stakes large in my opinion, and possibly gotten you both those guys and sped up your re-building process

Dobber Sports Initiate

SirKnight wrote:
    Sykora signed for 2 years to be Crosby\'s wingman. I would have shopped him the day after his first hat trick of the season and received, Makarov, Cherepanov and a more established prospect with up side. I didn\'t mean the comments to be as disparaging as Emu makes them out to be. I was just pointing out the guy who made that deal is pretty happy someone in his pool doesn\'t care how he does this year.

jlucas, I hope for all our sakes both those prospects pan out for you (and us), and I wish you luck getting the first overall selection next fall. (Thats as close to an apology as I get B) )<br><br>Post edited by: SirKnight, at: 2007/08/18 20:58
    I dont take any offense, i appriciate the apology, that is why i post stuff on here, to get everyones feedback whether it be positive or negative. I really like Cherepanov and whos to say his stock doesnt rise after the summit seriers, i know im taking a huge risk and maybe could of gotten more down the line after sykora starts scoring a lot of points. No apology needed though thanks for the post