Thread: Skjei, Theodore, Matheson or Sanheim

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Question Skjei, Theodore, Matheson or Sanheim

Me and some of my friend have a discussion regarding these 4 defenseman. We would imagine who Vegas would take if they have the choice between the 4 of them to built their defense.

In my own opinion, they would take Theodore anyway, because I think he got all the tools to have a great career. I think offensively, he is the most talented and has the better opportunity, following by Skjei, Matheson and Sanheim.

What do you think?
    Fantasy Hockey Manager superfan!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Skjei, Theodore, Matheson or Sanheim

Theodore for sure. He's going to be a top pairing guy in my mind. Sanheim has potential as well but I like Theodore more.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Reallylike Theo here. I believe Skjei might have a hard time with Shatty's arrival in the Big Apple.
    10 team Keepers league 18 man roster (+1 UFA-FCFS)/protect 13. Auto Count top 6 Fwd, 3 def and 1 keeper. Points only(def goals = 2pts). (Potential keepers in Bold)

Fwd: S.Crosby, N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, J.Tavares, C.Giroux, E.Lindholm, C.Keller, D.Larkin , A.Radulov, S.Reinhart, J.Puljujarvi,K.Yamamoto

Def: E.Karlsson, D.Byfuglien, S.Theodore, M.Heiskanen,C.Mcavoy,

Goalies: T.RaskC.Talbot

Runner-Up 2016-17
    Winner 2015-16
    Winner 2014-15
    Winner 2013-14
    Runner-Up 2012-13
    Winner 2011-12

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ginf17 View Post
    Me and some of my friend have a discussion regarding these 4 defenseman. We would imagine who Vegas would take if they have the choice between the 4 of them to built their defense.

In my own opinion, they would take Theodore anyway, because I think he got all the tools to have a great career. I think offensively, he is the most talented and has the better opportunity, following by Skjei, Matheson and Sanheim.

What do you think?
    Skjei/Theodore
    Sanheim
    Matheson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Theodore should be anchoring the power play
    11 GM limited keeper. keep 13 drop 10. 12f,6d,2g,3bench

Use current cap.

G8, A7, SHG5, SHA3, PIM1, .02 for hits,shots, blocks.
    Goalies stats. W.10, SO.5, OTL.3, SOL.2, SV.010

F-, Connor , svechnikov , Aho , E.Lindholm,hoglander,trochek
    , mcmichael, Konecny, batherson, Farabee, tomasino,

Bench, shesterkin , pinto, Lundkvist, Tomasino

D- theodore, girard, weeger, shattenkirk, clague, perunovich

G- hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by supertoad View Post
    Reallylike Theo here. I believe Skjei might have a hard time with Shatty's arrival in the Big Apple.
    Shatty shoots right, could be an opportunity for Skjei who shoots left.

Dobber Sports Stud

I like Theodore's situation due to access to the PP. Perhaps not this season or next, but over 3-5 seasons he really could grow into a very nice asset on a team getting better.

Skjei has the wheels and skills to play on the PP, the issue is that his rank in the pecking order is 3rd at best from the backline. Perhaps AV decides to give him the plumb #2 slot next to Shattenkirk but I suspect that goes to the Captain. Thus Skjei is looking at pp#2 time which is not ideal. Then again Skjei skates so well that perhaps in a season or three he actually takes over the top line from the Captain who can settle into a solid 2nd pairing.

Sanheim is an unknown for me as I see the Flyers in flux right now. Still so many questionable contracts on that team.

Matheson is in a similar situation to the flyers but rather than contract issues its roster flux and who ends up playing with whom. New manager, lost teammates its tough to know what is going on in Florida right now.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

The Great One

Theo first and then Skjei not far behind (though don't think we will see that conversation after this season in the Rangers system). Matheson I really like but similiarly buried a little behind other options.

Sanheim is a sleeper pick but let's see how he transitions before he is in the same convo IMO
    Experience is the teacher of all things.