Thread: Chara or McCabe?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Chara or McCabe?

I was considering dropping one of the two to make room for a prospect. Would you guys recommend dropping one over the other in a keeper league? McCabe has me nervous with playing for Florida now.
    8 Team Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P, +/-,PPP,SHP,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Chara or McCabe?

I can\'t imagine too many leagues where I would prefer McCabe over Chara - dump McCabe would be the route for me. Hope the prospect is a good one - McCabe might [ut up some good numbers this year.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Chara or McCabe?

Do not drop either of these players for a prospect!!! What could you be thinking? At the very least, trade these players for prospects. Don\'t be crazy.

Chara, in a PIMS rewarded league, is an absolute monster.

McCabe, no matter what team he plays on, will be a lock for 45 points. That is a commodity that you can leverage.

Keep both of these players and turn them into the prospects you want.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Chara or McCabe?

I also would wonder why you would drop McCabe for a prospect here. Sure his +/- might take a hit, but he is going to be a pretty key component of a powerplay line that is actually still looking pretty nice this year. The Florida powerplay I \'think\' was ranked top 5 and while they are bound to be a little worse this year, McCabe should still benefit with some decent points.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Chara or McCabe?

I have to agree, you can\'t just outright drop either of these guys. I would shop Chara and see what you could get for him. You might be shocked. McCabe is a lock to get atleast 40 this year maybe even up to 50. Florida\'s PP is going to be good.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Chara or McCabe?

Thanks for the replies. In our keeper, D\'s are usually not very sought after. Most only carry 2 and will grab an additional 2 forwards instead. The general idea is that a 60 point forward is worth more than a 40 point defense. If you don\'t have one of the top guys, i.e. Phaneuf, Lidstrom, Pronger, Campbell, people aren\'t interested.
    8 Team Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P, +/-,PPP,SHP,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Master

Default Chara or McCabe?

I believe that logic is flawed and I would be keeping a guy like McCabe over a 60 point forward. But these comments are made without knowing anything about your particular league rule and scoring cats.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Chara or McCabe?

Keeping Chara is a no-brainer. He\'s a top 10 point getter among D, takes a tonne of shots and racks up PIM\'s like stink on poo. If your league rewards D goals, he\'s even more valuable.

McCabe....ugh. I can\'t argue the pints he has put up in Toronto over the years; but I truly cringe whenever I see him on the ice(the goalie in me). But since defensive play doesn\'t matter in a fantasy league, who cares.

The only way I would let go of McCabe for a prospect would be if his name was either Turris, Filatov, or Giroux. Nothing less than that type of prospect. Even then, McCabe is pretty solid money in the bank.

Just my $.02
    on fantasy hockey hiatus!!!