Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Pro Tip: If you are looking to pad your post count answer in kg, as that would constitute a mass response...

#canIgetasnaredrum?

(aren't you glad I'm here?)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Pro Tip: If you are looking to pad your post count answer in kg, as that would constitute a mass response...

#canIgetasnaredrum?

(aren't you glad I'm here?)

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    One day you'll have to decide between the beer/food and adding pounds. Once you make the decision you'll realize it's really not that difficult to put alcohol aside.
    You don't have to make that decision. It's all about moderation. I am 42 and I generally eat the same foods as I always have but have made a few changes. 1) I don't eat sweets like I used to. 2) I don't stuff myself nearly as often like I used to. 3) I have nearly eliminated late night meals.

I am currently about 5 lbs or so over my playing weight of 175-177 which is where I was through most of my 20s and 30s. But 5 lbs for me is one good weekend of not eating crap food.

And put aside the beer? No thanks. I just drink less.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt, Hayton
    RW- Batherson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Stone, Wilson, Raymond,
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Ristolainen, Cernak, Barrie
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Levi, Tarasov

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Mintyukov, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, Podskolvin, REvans, Dorofeyev, Anunumen

Dobber Sports Genius

*Update on the Keto diet went from 196 to 189 as of today, started on 04/18/2017. Lots of water weight I know but still working good so far. Eating tons of meat, fats , vegetables and even had a bottle of wine on Sunday while watching the Caps game.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    One day you'll have to decide between the beer/food and adding pounds. Once you make the decision you'll realize it's really not that difficult to put alcohol aside.
    This is incorrect - I drink as much beer now as always. I don't see a day where I'll put beer aside, so yes it's difficult! Plus:
    Pizza once per week. Nachos twice per week (breakfast nachos once, dinner nachos once). Wings every two weeks. Easter chocolate, birthday cake - I don't hold back.

Still down 25 pounds. Best shape of my life. Exercising every day for two years, about 45 minutes - 4.2 miles per hour on the treadmill carrying 10-pound dumbbells.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Man, this statement made me think about if we all spent every minute of forum posting time working out instead. Figure a minute for the average post, so a person with 10,000 posts to date would have completed 10,000 minutes of exercise they didn't have otherwise. Imagine how much different that person would look in that alternate reality than they do now.

/tangent
    Uh oh.

NOBODY LISTEN TO HIM!

The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Uh oh.

NOBODY LISTEN TO HIM!

Hahaaaa I'm sure there is a 0% risk that even a single person adapts their behavior based on that post.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    *Update on the Keto diet went from 196 to 189 as of today, started on 04/18/2017. Lots of water weight I know but still working good so far. Eating tons of meat, fats , vegetables and even had a bottle of wine on Sunday while watching the Caps game.
    Good luck with it. There are very very few people I know who can stick with a ketogenic diet long term. It's so incredibly restrictive. I looked into it myself a couple times but could never quite see the benefits for me personally (not looking for the weight loss aspect but more the endurance running side of things) and I could never stick to that diet. It's supposed to be great for weight loss from what I have heard, but that gets into the whole diet vs lifestyle debate that people have.

Will be interesting to hear how it goes for you!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Good luck with it. There are very very few people I know who can stick with a ketogenic diet long term. It's so incredibly restrictive. I looked into it myself a couple times but could never quite see the benefits for me personally (not looking for the weight loss aspect but more the endurance running side of things) and I could never stick to that diet. It's supposed to be great for weight loss from what I have heard, but that gets into the whole diet vs lifestyle debate that people have.

Will be interesting to hear how it goes for you!
    I will keep you updated man! I don't have a sweet tooth really all, always more of a meat tooth and big cheese eater. Both are good on the Keto. However since kicking the carbs I have actually started to crave the sweets more then I have every before. I have always been in that normal could lose 10-15 pounds dad bod build so I really want to push myself to be that look at that guy he must workout build haha.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I have always been in that normal could lose 10-15 pounds dad bod build so I really want to push myself to be that look at that guy he must workout build haha.

Administrator

I think some of you read too much into what I wrote - I was responding to one person/situation. No biggie.

Anyway, I just got back from seeing a nutritionist to help make tweaks to maintain my progress. Free consultation with my MMA club membership. I came out of there with the following recommendations:

-Less meat, more greens (picked up spinach, mint and broccoli immediately after leaving)
    -One cup of coffee per day (currently 3-4)
    -Find ways to move around more on my workout-free days (less sitting down, etc)

Dobber Sports Genius

StuntMan, can you do me a favour?

This sort of belongs in you other thread about protein which then evolved into nutritional advice, but this thread is more recent so here I am again. I want you to drink a glass of water every hour you are awake for two weeks. Two glasses right when you wake up though and stop drinking water 3 hours before bed because I value your sleep.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    StuntMan, can you do me a favour?

This sort of belongs in you other thread about protein which then evolved into nutritional advice, but this thread is more recent so here I am again. I want you to drink a glass of water every hour you are awake for two weeks. Two glasses right when you wake up though and stop drinking water 3 hours before bed because I value your sleep.
    ok. ill try that. i had a scare last night, i was sleeping then woke up and felt like i was about to pass out, then i kept moving around and my body felt a little numb and i was shaking a little bit. i felt better in a few minutes and went back to sleep fine and woke up feeling good. had oatmeal for breakfast, then for lunch i had cheese and crackers and grapes. for supper i had a small meal, a sausage, rice, green beans. it's frustrating and after what happened last night i am more determined than ever to get down in weight....that may be happening due to my weight? i donno, i tried talking to my doctor about it and he kept telling me theres nothing physically wrong with me that i just need to lose weight. this shakiness started happening back in 2013 but hasn't really bothered me for awhile until last night it scared the crap out of me.

thanks for all the support guys, this is a hard process but am cutting all the bs now. i want to get healthy and live a long life and win a money hockey pool one day lol. the support truly means a lot

Dobber Sports Genius

Are you in the Toronto area? I would love to meet up with you and personally help you.

I am a firefighter, owned my own first aid and CPR company for 7 years, have made countless meals plans for people and am addicted to having a health lifestyle...especially after having open-heart surgery in July of 2016.

And your symptoms from last night are not normal by the way. Your doctor may by right that there is nothing physically wrong with you, but emotionally there is and that can lead to every symptom you had last night. Please do not ignore them if they happen tonight. Focus on your breathing. In through your nose and out through your mouth. Repeat repeat repeat. Nice and deep. If your symptoms persist, you WILL be calling 911.

This is your wakeup call.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Genius

And as for you trying my water routine. Please stick with it religiously for two weeks. You will hate it I guarantee you that. You will be pissing constantly and that is enough to make you give up, but don't. Based on what I have been reading about you, I wouldn't be surprised to hear you lose 10 pounds in two weeks.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Administrator

So many variables here that could be factors but you shouldn't be having the shakes and numbness like that. The only time I've had something similar was at my previous job right before I left. I was overweight back then but it was definitely stress-related.

Be honest and document what you do and how you feel throughout the day. Meals, drinks, exercise, emotional/psychological state, etc. You don't have to print it here but some red flags might come out. You can also bring that with you when you see a doctor. It'll help paint a more complete picture of the situation.

Also, take immediate action on the things that are really obviously bad for you like the alcohol, caffeine, energy drinks, fast food. Cut them out completely.