Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Tree House is a brewery in Massachusetts. DIPA is Double India Pale Ales.

Some of the best in the country IMHO.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'll add my own story.
    It's not the same success stories I just comment on.

I'm 5'6" 185lb currently.
    I've got a pretty stocky frame.

My physical activity the past year has been severely limited.
    that whole two steps forward - three steps back, well that's me.

August I went bowling with my wife and daughter. Letting go of ball I felt a pop.
    I thought I nutted myself. Well, I woke up the next morning at 5am to run to work and could barely get down the stairs.
    I thought I had a hernia. Turns out bursitis. Kind of better, but still painful as all hell and left me unable to do ANYTHING for a month. That includes going for any length of walk.

Once it reached a tolerable point and was able to start walking I injured my knee. Inflammation under the knee cap, which made, again, any form of walking painful.
    FML

I know you're thinking, hey... you can still exercise your upper body. Well... I've been on a wait-list for surgery on both my shoulders - for 2 1/2 years now. Calcium deposits in one, osteoarthritis in the other. I did V-sits last night and needed Advil after to deal with left shoulder pain. I can't do push-ups or planks. The pain after will last for days. I was expecting a call from the surgeon right when COVID hit.

I'm 41. Dealing with all of thees ailments over the past few years (I completely ruptured my left quad tendon & required surgery & 6mths recovery/physio to walk again without a significant limp in 2015) & especially the last few months. It's really put a lot of pressure on my mental state. I've battled depression over it. My mental health has suffered. And when I say battle. I literally mean standing up from the couch at 5:30pm to keep myself awake.

I'm a balls to the wall kind of guy. So this has been infuriating to no end. In January, I made a decision. 2020 was going to be a selfish - Luca first year.
    I've been re-habing my knee, groin, back (more stress pain than injury related). All year.
    I've was going to a nutritionist to discuss diet.

My knee has finally subsided enough that I can get out hiking again and enter back into some form of moderate exercise. I can't do weights (shoulders).

But. I've lost 10lbs in the past month. It's been such a mental strain to make changes within my physical limits. Mine is really a mental battle against a body that doesn't want to co-operate.

I started doing stairs because it's a great cardio work-out and my knee seems to be able to handle the impact.
    I actually do my physio homework. It makes such a huge difference.
    I've made subtle changes in my diet. I avoid my 'trigger' foods. I did the food sensitivity testing & now avoid (mostly) the foods that my body has the hardest time digesting.
    I've always been a fruits, veggies & meats guy - so I've just re-upped that focus on whole foods.

I now I have another 20lbs or so to go.
    I'm not as much concerned about the weight loss as much as how my body feels when I've lost it.
    I really pay attention to my body whenever I do something now. If I eat something and feel massively bloated. I take note and will avoid moving forward.

I can't go balls-to-the-wall right now. it's hard. I'll have moments of motivational overload and then reality check hits me. I can't go smash a medicine ball in the garage. I'll regret it.

I share mainly to add an extra layer of accountability to myself.

I've let my body affect my mindset for too long. I've started reading wellness books as an added layer because I know mine is as much a mental battle as it is physical. Knowing I have so many ways to control my health on top of exercise has been a game changer for me.

Exercise, eating right are super important... but please, take care of your mental health as well.
    Being healthy between the ears makes everything else so much easier.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Ill add to this thread as well.

After weighing myself today, i have lost a total of 75lbs since Oct 1 of 2018. I went from 260 to 185 in that time frame, went from a 42 to 32 in pants size. i was in terrible shape, couldnt sleep, just had a baby girl and decided the heck with this, enough of the excuses, just do it. So i decided to wake up super early (4 am), hit the gym and learn how to train/lift weights with a purpose. I trained 5-6 times a week following AthleanX programs, stuck to the basic principals of CICO (Calories In vs Calories Out) and never made anymore excuses. my motivation was and still is seeing my daughter grow up. oh and BTW, i turn 51 in a few months...

Off to have a few Tree House DIPAs tonite!!

Cheers to all
    Wonderful story Gin! Definitely brings a smile to my face! Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'll add my own story.
    It's not the same success stories I just comment on.

I'm 5'6" 185lb currently.
    I've got a pretty stocky frame.

My physical activity the past year has been severely limited.
    that whole two steps forward - three steps back, well that's me.

August I went bowling with my wife and daughter. Letting go of ball I felt a pop.
    I thought I nutted myself. Well, I woke up the next morning at 5am to run to work and could barely get down the stairs.
    I thought I had a hernia. Turns out bursitis. Kind of better, but still painful as all hell and left me unable to do ANYTHING for a month. That includes going for any length of walk.

Once it reached a tolerable point and was able to start walking I injured my knee. Inflammation under the knee cap, which made, again, any form of walking painful.
    FML

I know you're thinking, hey... you can still exercise your upper body. Well... I've been on a wait-list for surgery on both my shoulders - for 2 1/2 years now. Calcium deposits in one, osteoarthritis in the other. I did V-sits last night and needed Advil after to deal with left shoulder pain. I can't do push-ups or planks. The pain after will last for days. I was expecting a call from the surgeon right when COVID hit.

I'm 41. Dealing with all of thees ailments over the past few years (I completely ruptured my left quad tendon & required surgery & 6mths recovery/physio to walk again without a significant limp in 2015) & especially the last few months. It's really put a lot of pressure on my mental state. I've battled depression over it. My mental health has suffered. And when I say battle. I literally mean standing up from the couch at 5:30pm to keep myself awake.

I'm a balls to the wall kind of guy. So this has been infuriating to no end. In January, I made a decision. 2020 was going to be a selfish - Luca first year.
    I've been re-habing my knee, groin, back (more stress pain than injury related). All year.
    I've was going to a nutritionist to discuss diet.

My knee has finally subsided enough that I can get out hiking again and enter back into some form of moderate exercise. I can't do weights (shoulders).

But. I've lost 10lbs in the past month. It's been such a mental strain to make changes within my physical limits. Mine is really a mental battle against a body that doesn't want to co-operate.

I started doing stairs because it's a great cardio work-out and my knee seems to be able to handle the impact.
    I actually do my physio homework. It makes such a huge difference.
    I've made subtle changes in my diet. I avoid my 'trigger' foods. I did the food sensitivity testing & now avoid (mostly) the foods that my body has the hardest time digesting.
    I've always been a fruits, veggies & meats guy - so I've just re-upped that focus on whole foods.

I now I have another 20lbs or so to go.
    I'm not as much concerned about the weight loss as much as how my body feels when I've lost it.
    I really pay attention to my body whenever I do something now. If I eat something and feel massively bloated. I take note and will avoid moving forward.

I can't go balls-to-the-wall right now. it's hard. I'll have moments of motivational overload and then reality check hits me. I can't go smash a medicine ball in the garage. I'll regret it.

I share mainly to add an extra layer of accountability to myself.

I've let my body affect my mindset for too long. I've started reading wellness books as an added layer because I know mine is as much a mental battle as it is physical. Knowing I have so many ways to control my health on top of exercise has been a game changer for me.

Exercise, eating right are super important... but please, take care of your mental health as well.
    Being healthy between the ears makes everything else so much easier.
    Thank you for your story Luca. Great advice about being mentally healthy. It goes hand in hand with weight loss! Wishing you all the best in your weight loss/health goals. Take care everyone.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ill add to this thread as well.

After weighing myself today, i have lost a total of 75lbs since Oct 1 of 2018. I went from 260 to 185 in that time frame, went from a 42 to 32 in pants size. i was in terrible shape, couldnt sleep, just had a baby girl and decided the heck with this, enough of the excuses, just do it. So i decided to wake up super early (4 am), hit the gym and learn how to train/lift weights with a purpose. I trained 5-6 times a week following AthleanX programs, stuck to the basic principals of CICO (Calories In vs Calories Out) and never made anymore excuses. my motivation was and still is seeing my daughter grow up. oh and BTW, i turn 51 in a few months...

Off to have a few Tree House DIPAs tonite!!

Cheers to all
    Had to highlight the Athlean-X part of your comment, Jeff is awesome, good programs and so much high quality free content on his YouTube channel. I’ve used a bunch of his recommendations to work on back, ankle, and shoulder issues. I recommend checking out that channel to anyone.

Something I’ve ordered lately myself to keep going were some resistance bands since the gyms aren’t open. Progressive overload is one of the major keys to training muscle, weights are one of the most common ways to get the results but any kind of resistance will work. Something like this is fairly inexpensive, takes little space, and can be used at home.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07C3NWT59/...800_TE_3p_dp_1
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Administrator

Resistance bands are so much more versatile than weights, which helps a lot if you're trying to get a full workout from home without the 25 different types of workout machines offered at the gym.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Had to highlight the Athlean-X part of your comment, Jeff is awesome, good programs and so much high quality free content on his YouTube channel. I’ve used a bunch of his recommendations to work on back, ankle, and shoulder issues. I recommend checking out that channel to anyone.

Something I’ve ordered lately myself to keep going were some resistance bands since the gyms aren’t open. Progressive overload is one of the major keys to training muscle, weights are one of the most common ways to get the results but any kind of resistance will work. Something like this is fairly inexpensive, takes little space, and can be used at home.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07C3NWT59/...800_TE_3p_dp_1
    Agreed, Jeff is fantastic to follow. He has boatloads of free youtube videos that preach proper mechanics and science and anatomy to back it up. I purchased some of his 90 day workout programs and they over deliver. cant wait for gyms to open back up safely.

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hey Stuntman (and entire Thread subscribers). Taking an opportunity to share some more success for those interested. I've monitored this thread for 3+years and wanted to look back at my responses and ultimately my Journey along side yours brother!

Back in May 2017 I wrote...
    Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    about to turn 42.
    5'10"
    2 years ago, this time I was told I had to watch cholesterol. Weighed 218lbs. Started an exercise regime much like Dobbers. Started working out (think I posted on your last thread Stuntman). Nothing crazy. Lots of walking (invested in a pedometer - Fitbit to keep me accountable).
    Started taking Omega's CoQ10 (natural remedies) in conjunction to 12,000 steps a day goal and 1000 calorie deficiency.
    By July I had lost 20 lbs (198) and had got my cholesterol back into normal range.
    Unfortunately for me, Most of my 12,000 steps I took with my ole dog (Black Lab) back then (5km in the morning and then a shorter jaunt at night). But she hit a brick wall from a mobility standpoint (was 13yrs) and I lost my interest in walking without her. Preparing for the inevitable "put down", she has since carried on doing "WHAT SHE COULD/CAN" and is 14 1/2 now and still "doing what she can". I'd think/hope I'd see motivation in that, but I've failed to gain the motivation to return to the healthy living I was seeing results with. I guess I'm using her as a crutch thinking... "I'll get back to it when she's final gone". But I clearly don't want to wish that time away.
    I know what works for me... I just have to do it.
    Now about to turn 42, I've locked myself in at 222lbs (Heaviest I've ever been) (... little did I know I'd soon top the scales at 231lbs in 2019) and have re-set my step goal to 10,000 (if I can hit that with regularity I will up it again to 12,000).
    I have a goal of 200-205 which was an optimal weight for my body mass. Not sure why I said this... I have no idea and clearly didn't back at this time
    Will make a Summer time goal to lose these 15 - 20 lbs.
    Here I go. Good Luck Stuntman. Just takes commitment despite the distractions and weaknesses of human nature.
    Shortly after I wrote this and while I still believe a weight range is best, I may have been a little off on my goal of 198/208
    Do yourself a favor and set an acceptable range for weight. My goal weight range is between 198 and 208. If I focus only on the 198 I'll for ever obsess. With stress comes inevitable weight gain, inability to hold 1 number and inability to Accept my results.
    When I wrote this below, I THOUGHT I was committed... but I don't think mentally I ever was.
    I'm committing to this with you fella.
    Back on April 18 I was at an all time high for me at 222.8 lbs
    April 16-22 Average - 222 lbs
    April 23-29 Average - 220.4
    April 30-May 6 Ave - 219.9
    May 14-20 Average - 219.8
    May 21 - 27 Average - 222.5 (Was noticing my Dog... who's been my exercise motivation and buddy was really struggling at 14 1/2 years of age)
    now watch this.
    May 29 - 218.4 (My Birthday... I woke up in the morning and made the decision that it was time to unselfishly put my beloved Pup down... hell of a way to Celebrate)... I'm not exercising at all at this point.
    May 30 - 214.6 (Wife and I tell the Kids that it's finally time to put down our furry family member)... No Exercise... just not eating much due to lack of appetite/depression
    May 31 - 213.8 (Decide on June 1st as the day to put her down...still not exercising and just not eating much)
    June 1 - 212.4 (Spend one final day... just me and her... she got a McDonald's happy meal and steak this day, I watched)
    June 2 - 212 (Day one adjusting to the new norm around the house)
    June 3 - 212. 6 (Day 3 post my pup... starting to eat again...still no exercise)

Week of June 4 - 10 - Average 214.6 (Creeping up)

Yesterday - 216.4 (MAKE A CONCIOUS EFFORT TO START EXERCISING AGAIN... 2K walk at lunch and 3K walk before bed. Met my goal of 10K steps, 8KM, 30 Flights and over 3000 calories burned.
    Today - 216.4 (geez...all that work and nothing to show for it...except I remember I nailed my goal 2 years ago of 195... takes time)

I commit to reaching my goals today Steps currently at 1500 (long way to go) Flash Forward... Now with an Apple Watch, it's all about "ACTIVE" calories and less about number of steps. Much better for me.

I guess my point is that weight will fluctuate for a variety of reasons. During my last drop off... stress, lack of eating and very much an unhealthy lifestyle led to a drop of over 10lbs in over a week. As I continue to cope with the loss of our family pet, my eating patterns have returned and I immediately saw my weigh shoot back up... (I hope my motivation changes, but while I don't have my work our buddy anymore, I will use your thread here to act as motivation for me. Maybe I'll spark some motivation for you my friend).
    Can i just say that I really appreciate you and others being so "REAL" and "GENUINE" on this thread. Gave me a place to check in.

I would eventually learn that to power through plateau's requires changes and shake ups.

Exactly a week from my last entry
    June 21 - holding steady at 116 lbs. Have been stuck here for the past 4 days.

So I get it. Lost only .4 lbs in 1 week. But need to power through. You keep up the same commitment this time next week you will start to see a change in the scale I'm guessing. That's my goal as well.
    Clearly you can see that I fell off here.
    Holy wow! I’ve lost touch with this thread. I was this weight months ago when you gained traction in your journey. I’m STILL THIS WEIGHT! Need some motivation of my own!

Proud of you stuntman!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Hope you reach your goals very soon! It can be done.

Flash forward to this quote below. Finally... motivation would be found and traction gained. Here's where things get interesting.
    My Birthday is May 29th. I'll be 45 this year.

Last year on May 29th, I weighted the heaviest I've ever weighted at 231lbs. 5'11" on a fairly sturdy frame (lol... I love the excuses I make up because I want to accept or justify my "Frame"/"Shape" which only gave me an "OUT"..."I'm Big Boned"... sigh). Clearly not much changed late June last year.
    In November My family and friends of family went to Cuba. when reviewing beach pics of the trip, I was less than impressed with what I saw. (Enter Motivation)

Jan 1, 2020 I decided it's time to change things up. I have an end goal to be in the best shape I can remember by my 45th birthday.
    Switched my Lunch Strategy. Started Walking. Started losing
    Come Feb 1... I saw 222lbs and thought...hmmm, maybe I CAN do this.

It's now April 23.
    Still strict lunch regiment and lowered calories over all... and also trying not to eat 3 hours before bed (Someone earlier gave that advice) and trying to walk 10-20km's / day (This isolation has certainly helped) and Ive cut out alcohol for the past month, I'm now seeing 200.2 on the scale for the past 3 days.

I have a goal to crack 200lbs at which time i'd love to hit 195 which I think is a more than optimal weight range for my frame and body mass. is it...is it really? THank you to Eric Daoust who challenged my thought process and to "KEEP GOING"... guess what... I DID.

I found the traction i needed (Thankful I found that traction before lock down) and I give a little of that motivation or, at the very least the spark which lighted my flame to you Stuntman! Thank you!
    Too Keep me accountable... here's how my has Journey played out (continues to play out).
    April 24 - Finally broke 200lbs 199.4. then hit a plateau creaping back up over 200 April 27. (CHANGE NEEDED) QUIT ALL ALCOHOL ... change my body and mind
    April 28 - Back down below 200 at 197.4. Walking 10-15km's/day along side my NEW PUP who's more than eager to join me. and with Covid lockdown, my Wife comes along as well.
    May 1 - 196. WOW... can hardly remember when my weight started with a 1 and feeling very good at 196... but like EricDaoust said... who says what my optimal weight is... keep going! 29 more days until i'm 45...
    Started my Journey at my highest weight of 231 (as recently as last november). I'm down over 30lbs. WOW. I wonder. Can I set a more aggressive goal? 45lbs lost by the time I'm 45? Let's see (new goal is to get under 186lbs which I haven't been since Highschool).
    May 7 - 194
    May 11 - 191
    May 14 - 190
    May 15 - 189.4 (Holy Shit!!! I'm doing this. Busted through that plateau... feel the best I've ever felt. And kinda feel proud looking in the mirror)
    May 20 - 188.8 Getting close. 9 more days to go. Never thought this could EVER be a goal for me (and that "Sturdy Frame" of mine)
    May 21 - 187.6
    May 27 - 186.4
    May 28 - 186.4 ahhh man... even if I don't... Gotta be proud of this so far.......... No way... Goals are set to be made/broken.

Happy Birthday to me. May 29, 2020 and 185.6lbs! (actually hit 184.6 before June 1st but seem to have settled in around 185lbs).
    Definitely proud of myself and appreciate all the comments. (although, everyone wants to know "the secret" and all I can tell them is that "It's inside of you... you just have to find what works for you).
    Thanks Stuntman for starting this Thread and giving me a place to be accountable for the past 3 plus years. And thanks to all of you who patted my back while challenging me to think out side my "Sturdy Box".
    My Journey isn't over, I just get to continue on feeling much better about myself and looking much better.

45 by 45.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

well done.. i wish i took before and after photos of my over 80 lb loss journey.

There are no secrets. Eat at a Caloric deficit. CICO - Calories In Calories Out

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

about to turn 42.

5'10"

2 years ago, this time I was told I had to watch cholesterol. Weighed 218lbs. Started an exercise regime much like Dobbers. Started working out (think I posted on your last thread Stuntman). Nothing crazy. Lots of walking (invested in a pedometer - Fitbit to keep me accountable).

Started taking Omega's CoQ10 (natural remedies) in conjunction to 12,000 steps a day goal and 1000 calorie deficiency.

By July I had lost 20 lbs (198) and had got my cholesterol back into normal range.

Unfortunately for me, Most of my 12,000 steps I took with my ole dog (Black Lab) back then (5km in the morning and then a shorter jaunt at night). But she hit a brick wall from a mobility standpoint (was 13yrs) and I lost my interest in walking without her. Preparing for the inevitable "put down", she has since carried on doing "WHAT SHE COULD/CAN" and is 14 1/2 now and still "doing what she can". I'd think/hope I'd see motivation in that, but I've failed to gain the motivation to return to the healthy living I was seeing results with. I guess I'm using her as a crutch thinking... "I'll get back to it when she's final gone". But I clearly don't want to wish that time away.

I know what works for me... I just have to do it.

Now about to turn 42, I've locked myself in at 222lbs (Heaviest I've ever been) and have re-set my step goal to 10,000 (if I can hit that with regularity I will up it again to 12,000).

I have a goal of 200-205 which was an optimal weight for my body mass.

Will make a Summer time goal to lose these 15 - 20 lbs.

Here I go. Good Luck Stuntman. Just takes commitment despite the distractions and weaknesses of human nature.
    Do yourself a favor and set an acceptable range for weight. My goal weight range is between 198 and 208. If I focus only on the 198 I'll for ever obsess. With stress comes inevitable weight gain, inability to hold 1 number and inability to Accept my results.
    Get yourself a Fit Bit and then you can connect with me and we can challenge each other (daily/weekly). Maybe bring others in who also have the Fitbit.

Same can be done with Garmin Watches and others, but I have a fitbit... so that's what I gotta promote. Can't cross communicate across different brands.
    I'm committing to this with you fella.

Back on April 18 I was at an all time high for me at 222.8 lbs
    April 16-22 Average - 222 lbs
    April 23-29 Average - 220.4
    April 30-May 6 Ave - 219.9
    May 14-20 Average - 219.8
    May 21 - 27 Average - 222.5 (Was noticing my Dog... who's been my exercise motivation and buddy was really struggling at 14 1/2 years of age)

now watch this.

May 29 - 218.4 (My Birthday... I woke up in the morning and made the decision that it was time to unselfishly put my beloved Pup down... hell of a way to Celebrate)... I'm not exercising at all at this point.
    May 30 - 214.6 (Wife and I tell the Kids that it's finally time to put down our furry family member)... No Exercise... just not eating much due to lack of appetite/depression
    May 31 - 213.8 (Decide on June 1st as the day to put her down...still not exercising and just not eating much)
    June 1 - 212.4 (Spend one final day... just me and her... she got a McDonald's happy meal and steak this day, I watched)
    June 2 - 212 (Day one adjusting to the new norm around the house)
    June 3 - 212. 6 (Day 3 post my pup... starting to eat again...still no exercise)

Week of June 4 - 10 - Average 214.6 (Creeping up)

Yesterday - 216.4 (MAKE A CONCIOUS EFFORT TO START EXERCISING AGAIN... 2K walk at lunch and 3K walk before bed. Met my goal of 10K steps, 8KM, 30 Flights and over 3000 calories burned.
    Today - 216.4 (geez...all that work and nothing to show for it...except I remember I nailed my goal 2 years ago of 195... takes time)

I commit to reaching my goals today Steps currently at 1500 (long way to go)

I guess my point is that weight will fluctuate for a variety of reasons. During my last drop off... stress, lack of eating and very much an unhealthy lifestyle led to a drop of over 10lbs in over a week. As I continue to cope with the loss of our family pet, my eating patterns have returned and I immediately saw my weigh shoot back up. I'm not 222lbs anymore and will use the current weight I'm at as I set my goal to between 200(Low) to 205(high)lbs which I think is an optimal and achievable weight range (I prefer weight range than target weight (singular) for me at 42 years of age, 5'11" and a moderate, currently somewhat motivated health conscious guy (I hope my motivation changes, but while I don't have my work our buddy anymore, I will use your thread here to act as motivation for me. Maybe I'll spark some motivation for you my friend).

Seriously... if you get a Fitbit...look me up and I'll most certainly add you and we can continue this journey together.

Cheers fella.

Off for a pre - lunch walk. 16.4 pounds to go
    thanks for sharing your story. i have a 14 year old poodle/terrier and consider him just like family, sorry again for your loss. i'll look into the fit bit, i just won a hockey pool so i should be able to afford it this week.

good luck on your journey buddy
    Exactly a week from my last entry
    June 21 - holding steady at 116 lbs. Have been stuck here for the past 4 days.

So I get it. Lost only .4 lbs in 1 week. But need to power through. You keep up the same commitment this time next week you will start to see a change in the scale I'm guessing. That's my goal as well.
    Holy wow! I’ve lost touch with this thread. I was this weight months ago when you gained traction in your journey. I’m STILL THIS WEIGHT! Need some motivation of my own!

Proud of you stuntman!!!
    Hope you reach your goals very soon! It can be done.
    My Birthday is May 29th. I'll be 45 this year.

Last year on May 29th, I weighted the heaviest I've ever weighted at 231lbs. 5'11" on a fairly study frame. Clearly not much changed late June last year.
    In November My family and friends of family went to Cuba. when reviewing beach pics of the trip, I was less than impressed with what I saw.

Jan 1, 2020 I decided it's time to change things up. I have an end goal to be in the best shape I can remember by my 45th birthday.
    Switched my Lunch Strategy. Started Walking. Started losing
    Come Feb 1... I saw 222lbs and thought...hmmm, maybe I CAN do this.

It's now April 23.
    Still strict lunch regiment and lowered calories over all... and also trying not to eat 3 hours before bed (Someone earlier gave that advice) and trying to walk 10-20km's / day (This isolation has certainly helped) and Ive cut out alcohol for the past month, I'm now seeing 200.2 on the scale for the past 3 days.

I have a goal to crack 200lbs at which time i'd love to hit 195 which I think is a more than optimal weight range for my frame and body mass.

I found the traction i needed (Thankful I found that traction before lock down) and I give a little of that motivation or, at the very least the spark which lighted my flame to you Stuntman! Thank you!

All the best to you!

(oh... and the wife seems pretty happy... in more ways than 1)
    well done.. i wish i took before and after photos of my over 80 lb loss journey.

Yes!

Dobber Sports Monster

Yes! REALLY, losing weight is an easy concept. Eat less = lose weight. The hard part is the cravings and often times for me anyhow, I would feel hungry, then lonely so that was part of the reason I over ate. So losing weight is also an emotional journey (working on ones self).

Dobber Sports Superstar

Some good inspiring stories here. Set some goals and good things can happen.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Padawan

today I am 205lbs (6'3", 42), which ain't bad, but it means I gained 5-10 COVID pounds haha. In my teens and early 20s I was as much as 235lb of lazy pudge. I made some big changes that inadvertently slimmed me down.

#1 - moved out of my parents' suburban home in Ottawa at 20 into a crap old apartment in a bad neighbourhood and lived on minimum wage. Poverty is great for the waistline! Bad for pretty much everything else.
    #2 - goes a bit with #1, but no car. Walk everywhere. Carrying groceries home was a half hour walk. It's exercise you have no choice but to do.
    #3 - 5 or so years later I moved to Japan to teach English. I learned that our portions in Canada (and the US is wayyy worse on this) are far too big. half hour walk to the beach and back every night after work. May have been beers and donuts involved, but hey, I was in my 20s. Came home to Canada at about 185lbs.
    #4 - as I hit my 30s, started packing on pounds again. I think I got up to 220lbs again at one point. Still no car, lived in walking distance of most places but had nowhere to go because Vancouver = broke. Started going to the gym in my apartment building. I hate the gym so much....
    #5 - borrow a friend's second bike for a microbrewery crawl. Man I missed biking. Buy used bike. Bike 20km per day when it's not raining. Drivers are maniacs here and don't know what stop signs are for, so I only go out on the bike in daylight.
    #6 - in winter months start doing calisthenics at home since the bike isn't working out for me in winter. In about a month, I will be doing 150 pushups per day (at 135 right now). I started being able to do 10, at age 40.

For me the car/crappy winter/suburbia thing was a killer. It was just a recipe for me to get lazy and depressed and I wouldn't do a damned thing aside from lie around feeling miserable and eating bad food. It does still happen from time to time but overall, while I miss everyone, I am so glad I got out of that trap I was in back home in Ottawa.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Monster

January 1st, 2018: 303 LBS
    October 24, 2020: 208 LBS

Seemed like 2019 I hit a snag and I believe I only dropped like 10 lbs that year. This year has been good and have been gaining traction. Incredibly hard to lose weight when you are depressed, as I am sure many people who are morbidly obese already are. It's best to look after ones mental health, always. I still struggle from time to time but overall, I am doing good right now. Back in late 2017, I would never have dreamed that I would ever work a job ever again. I was on social assistance and I had given up. Figured, this is it, I can't get out of this hole so I am going to stay here I guess. Takes a lot of hard work and persistence to accomplish anything in life. Just shows if you put enough time and effort into something, you can accomplish anything. I've dropped 12 pounds in the past 6-7 weeks.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

It good for you buddy!!! And thanks for motivating me to achieve my goals. 50 lbs down. Reached goal weight of 180lbs. You have a following.

Dobber Sports Monster

It good for you buddy!!! And thanks for motivating me to achieve my goals. 50 lbs down. Reached goal weight of 180lbs. You have a following.
    180 is amazing my friend! Happy for you. You must feel much happier and more comfortable Losing weight in theory is very easy but it's a tough process but not an impossible one by any stretch.