Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Do you have before and after pics. 53 lbs in 7 months is phenomenal

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Do you have before and after pics. 53 lbs in 7 months is phenomenal
    I didn't take any pictures on New Years. I have an older picture when I was about 295 though. I'm going to put some pictures together once I get to my goal weight. I was looking at my picture at my highest weight and I just hate that picture. Can't believe I let myself get that big.

I remember thinking back on New Years that I didn't want any reminders of what I looked like at this weight. I was watching a youtube channel where a guy lost 150 lbs and he said he wishes he took more pictures at his highest weight so he could look back and reflect on it more. I'm starting to feel the same way.

Dobber Sports Stud

Unreal bro.. keep it up.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

The Great One

We are all proud of you and rooting for you. Keep up the hard work. It sounds like you are being smart and safe in your choices, and that is excellent.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    We are all proud of you and rooting for you. Keep up the hard work. It sounds like you are being smart and safe in your choices, and that is excellent.
    Appreciate the kinds words als_revenge. I'm actually looking forward to what the future brings for me unlike before.

Dobber Sports Master

204/207 'ish , gained 10 pounds since torn meniscus and I regret tossing out my larger sized work pants

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    204/207 'ish , gained 10 pounds since torn meniscus and I regret tossing out my larger sized work pants
    That's really touch. I had a badly sprained thumb last winter and had to stop playing all sports. I struggled quite a bit without my easy forms of exercise. Hoping your health returns, it gets a lot easier from there.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post

Back in 2015 it was a goal of mine to get under 250 but I came up short (251) then balooned all the way up to 303 lbs. Feels good to finally do what I wanted to for the longest time. In the 240s for the first time since 2012 ... when I get back in the 230s it will be for the first time since 2011. I'm closer to 200 than I am 300 now

-53.6 lbs since January 1st. Still seems surreal but I got a ways to go yet. Slow and steady I'll get there soon enough! I have no doubts now.
    Great stuff. The next time you see a roughly 6 year old boy, tell yourself that's how much weight you've lost!

I think if you set a goal of 220 by the end of the year you should be in good shape, pun intended. Just be sure to have a plan in place to get exercise once the weather starts getting colder and the days shorter. That will be challenging to you, as last year at that time your body was much larger and thus it was easier to lose weight without as much effort.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Great stuff. The next time you see a roughly 6 year old boy, tell yourself that's how much weight you've lost!

I think if you set a goal of 220 by the end of the year you should be in good shape, pun intended. Just be sure to have a plan in place to get exercise once the weather starts getting colder and the days shorter. That will be challenging to you, as last year at that time your body was much larger and thus it was easier to lose weight without as much effort.
    Stuntman likes to walk, and it's much easier to walk fast when it's freezing outside

Dobber Sports Monster

Got home from being up north yesterday. Got my gym membership today as planned; put in a good moderate-intensity hour long workout. Let's do this!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post

I plan on using my treadmill in the winter months. On top of that I'll be at the college everyday and there is a gymnasium where I can shoot some hoops. By my estimation I was expecting to be anywhere from 210-220 at the end of the year. Was hoping to be under 200 lbs but that is looking way too hard at this point lol. Would have to lose weight at a faster pace than I already am and that isn't all that realistic I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Stuntman likes to walk, and it's much easier to walk fast when it's freezing outside
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Got home from being up north yesterday. Got my gym membership today as planned; put in a good moderate-intensity hour long workout. Let's do this!
    Great to hear pmorrow. We may as well get in shape while we're still young.

Dobber Sports Icon

Re intermittent fasting - I?m doing 16-18 hours of fasting, 6 days per week, but don?t stuck to it when on vacation. So i typically finish dinner at say 8pm and I don?t eat again until 1 or 2pm. Amazing thing is I have tons of energy in the morning to work out - the old adage that you need a solid breakfast for energy isn?t true from what ive seen. Kudos to Stuntman and the others who have lost weight, it ain?t easy and takes commitment!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Titan

I've always kinda did an intermediate fasting. Last time I had a breakfast for 2 weeks straight was back in like grade 9 (2005?). I ended up having a coffee and then lunch. But now I've even stopped drinking coffee in the morning letting my natural self wake up. Then maybe have one in the evening.

Stuntman way to go buddy!
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

As I've aged, I've switched to more days of lower calorie intake. Still three meals a day, but for dinner on those days I do 500 calories or less, bringing my total for the day to roughly 1500-1700, plus 30 minutes of brisk walking. When I turned 30 it was 3 days a week of that. When I turned 40 it morphed to 4 days. We'll see about at 50. But it's been effective to keep my weight stable, and on the other days I still eat a pretty sensible breakfast and lunch but let myself eat whatever I want - in terms of type of food and how much - for dinner and I'll have some dessert, whereas that's usually less than 100 calories per day.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports All-Star

I fast every night between 11:00 PM and 6:30 AM.