Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Thanks AA. Great to see you post again!

That is great to hear about you going to the gym. Something I need to start considering very soon. Been walking 1.5 hours a day and doing walking planks a few times a week but I feel like I'm stuck in the 250s lol. I'm sure you noticed this as well but man, losing weight in your late teens - early 20s is much easier than trying to lose in your late 20s - early 30s. I just turned 30 actually. 251.5 last week. I just want to see the 240s for the first time in 6 years.
    We are basically the same age actually lol - I am 29. It is tough, but I feel like I was more active 5 years ago and my diet has gotten worse. My problem right now is maintaining motivation. However, I don't actually despise going to the gym, but I have had things getting in the way like being on the road a lot. I just have to get back into a routine.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    We are basically the same age actually lol - I am 29. It is tough, but I feel like I was more active 5 years ago and my diet has gotten worse. My problem right now is maintaining motivation. However, I don't despise going to the gym. I just have to get going on that and get back into a routine.
    I would also ask your doctor about vitamin D supplements. I was reading that guys our age start having lower testosterone levels which in turn make us more tired and harder to lose weight and that vitamin D helps your T-levels stay high. I'm not taking any now since it's summertime but during the winter months I make sure to take some.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I would also ask your doctor about vitamin D supplements. I was reading that guys our age start having lower testosterone levels which in turn make us more tired and harder to lose weight and that vitamin D helps your T-levels stay high. I'm not taking any now since it's summertime but during the winter months I make sure to take some.
    I do take vitamin d in the winter - my family is filled with people in the medical profession hahaha.

I think I am ready to get back to the gym. I keep using excuses about not going - often being out of the town where the gym I like is. I think I'm just going to get the membership and try to use it whenever I can.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I do take vitamin d in the winter - my family is filled with people in the medical profession hahaha.

I think I am ready to get back to the gym. I keep using excuses about not going - often being out of the town where the gym I like is. I think I'm just going to get the membership and try to use it whenever I can.
    I may have been taking too much back in the winter. I was taking 5000 IUs everyday. Now I'm just taking a multivitamin where it has 1000 IU of Vitamin D.

Dobber Sports Icon

Boys, been awhile since I've been on here, and just saw this thread which resonates. I've generally been reasonably fit but stress (primarily work-related) and too much of a sedentary lifestyle (other than beer league hockey) got me to the point last year where I hit 200.8 pounds at Labor Day 2018. I had never weighed more than 200 in my entire life! I'm 5'8 by the way... That coincided with a much-needed sabbatical from the workforce starting around that time, coupled with the fact that it was my last year in my 40s - I just turned 50 on July 1st last, so I figured I wanted to hit 50 in a fit way. So I set up a plan, and it worked, with lots of effort but intelligent approach more than anything. I'm now at 157 pounds and fitter than I've been probably ever. The real secret, besides reasonably consistent work in the gym, is a combination of intermittent fasting (the bomb) and yoga as well as regular meditation - that has accounted for much of my transformation. Happy to share more details with anyone interested.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Boys, been awhile since I've been on here, and just saw this thread which resonates. I've generally been reasonably fit but stress (primarily work-related) and too much of a sedentary lifestyle (other than beer league hockey) got me to the point last year where I hit 200.8 pounds at Labor Day 2018. I had never weighed more than 200 in my entire life! I'm 5'8 by the way... That coincided with a much-needed sabbatical from the workforce starting around that time, coupled with the fact that it was my last year in my 40s - I just turned 50 on July 1st last, so I figured I wanted to hit 50 in a fit way. So I set up a plan, and it worked, with lots of effort but intelligent approach more than anything. I'm now at 157 pounds and fitter than I've been probably ever. The real secret, besides reasonably consistent work in the gym, is a combination of intermittent fasting (the bomb) and yoga as well as regular meditation - that has accounted for much of my transformation. Happy to share more details with anyone interested.
    Wow that is an inspiring story. Thanks for sharing. It is true though, consistency + intermittent fasting is an incredible combo to have.

BTW did you have any loose skin at all?

Dobber Sports Giant

I weigh a million bajillion pounds ...
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I weigh a million bajillion pounds ...
    Whats that in Kilograms?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    How does the intermittent fasting work? I am about 215 but would like bring my weight down to around 200 (6'3). Two years away from turning 50 myself and I think it is now or never if I want to get back in shape.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    How does the intermittent fasting work? I am about 215 but would like bring my weight down to around 200 (6'3). Two years away from turning 50 myself and I think it is now or never if I want to get back in shape.
    Interesting. This is me as well except i'm 61. Same height and weight.

After thinking about it for the past 2 or 3 years, I finally joined a gym 3 months ago for the first time in 33 years. I know its early but so far I am really enjoying it. I have been going pretty much every other day. I don't do free weights, just the machines. I am not there to body build, but more to reshape a little and tone up. So far so good.

I joined LA Fitness and am very impressed, although, I don't really have anything to compare since its been 33 years when I was a member at Super Fitness, which was Vic Tanny's before that for those of you who have been around that long. LOL Even though I haven't used it yet, the gym I was joining had to have a pool. The atmosphere there is really good. They have a basketball court as well as squash courts. The building is 45,000 sq ft and is about 4 years old.

How are the other gyms out there? Goodlife etc.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

195 pounds 6'2..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Monster

This guy says 16/8 is the best way to do it. 16 hour fast so eating all your food in an 8 hour window.

This is what I normally do

Monday: 2000-2500 calories (start eating at 6 am, stop eating at 3pm)
    Tuesday: 1600 calories (start eating at 6 am, stop eating at 12pm)
    Wednesday: 1500 calories (start eating at 6 am, stop eating at 12pm)
    Thursday: 1500 calories (start eating at 6am, stop eating at 12pm)
    Friday: 1500 calories (start eating at 6am, stop eating at 12pm)
    Saturday: 1300 calories (start eating at 6am, stop eating at 12pm)
    Sunday: 1100 calories (start eating at 6am, stop eating at 12pm)

Then I do my weigh in on Monday morning. I also take a Centrum Multivitamin for men as well. Add in 1.5 hour walk 4-5 times a week.

Dobber Sports Genius

Its when you eat all your food for the day in a smaller period of time usually 6-8 hours which leaves a larger period of time during the day where your body isn't digesting food but burning fat instead essentially.

Lots of info online, heres one of the first links on Google the-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports All-Star

Thank you for the info guys. I will look look into this. Might be something I can adopt.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Monster

Back in 2015 it was a goal of mine to get under 250 but I came up short (251) then balooned all the way up to 303 lbs. Feels good to finally do what I wanted to for the longest time. In the 240s for the first time since 2012 ... when I get back in the 230s it will be for the first time since 2011. I'm closer to 200 than I am 300 now

-53.6 lbs since January 1st. Still seems surreal but I got a ways to go yet. Slow and steady I'll get there soon enough! I have no doubts now.