Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That is quite the amount loss, AND you've done it in a healthy matter. Way to go
    Thanks 2014OG.

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Every week that you diet successfully is a week further removed from your past unhealthy ways, and, with that, less risk of relapse. This is becoming your new normal, which is great.
    Exactly. It's almost a surreal feeling being down to this weight. I know it's still a high weight but I remmeber when I was in the high 290's I felt totally lost and gave up. I lost all hope that I'd ever lose the weight. Now I'm 100% I can do this. I'm in a very good place right now.

Dobber Sports Superstar

good job Stuntman, it is an inspiration to others. Not easy to lose weight, its a process so keep it going.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Monster

252 This morning

Last week I was devastated because that was the first week where I didn't lose any weight ... I gained 0.1 lbs .... lol. Today's weigh in I was -2.9 and I upped my walking from 1 hour x 5 days to 1.5 hours x 5 days and I noticed a difference. I love walking, it's relaxing really. So far so good.

-51 lbs since January 1st, 2018

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    252 This morning

Last week I was devastated because that was the first week where I didn't lose any weight ... I gained 0.1 lbs .... lol. Today's weigh in I was -2.9 and I upped my walking from 1 hour x 5 days to 1.5 hours x 5 days and I noticed a difference. I love walking, it's relaxing really. So far so good.

-51 lbs since January 1st, 2018
    Wow! Great work (and it is work) in dropping so much weight. Don't get too discouraged, the more weight you lose, the weekly losses will eventually be less and less as you get closer to your target weight. You're obviously doing something right, 51 lbs is a serious number! Many people plateau and have to change up some things as your body adjusts to the work you are doing. Keep up the great work!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Wow! Great work (and it is work) in dropping so much weight. Don't get too discouraged, the more weight you lose, the weekly losses will eventually be less and less as you get closer to your target weight. You're obviously doing something right, 51 lbs is a serious number! Many people plateau and have to change up some things as your body adjusts to the work you are doing. Keep up the great work!
    Thanks Comish! It has been work. It took me 3 or 4 months to pack on them 50 lbs back a few years ago but took twice as long to lose it. It's tempting to get off track and eat bad food but I keep reminding myself that my weight is still very high. 200 lbs seems very realistic to me right now since I came this far. I remember thinking before that it was impossible to lose weight and I gave up, now I have a lot of hope.

Dobber Sports Sage

Great job StuntMan! 51 lbs is an excellent accomplishment. How much better do you feel because of the weight loss? Do you have a lot more energy?

My fitness is staying on track. I did the 100 pushups for a month and noticed a major difference both in chest definition and strength. Since the month expired I went to 1 set of 50 pushups and 25 pullups a day which I can almost accomplish in 2 sets. I am also riding my road bike several times per week for a little over an hour each trip. I went on a fishing trip a week or so ago and came back weighing 176 which I am guessing was was an 8-10 lb loss (I don't weigh myself very often). I don't eat very much on fishing trips and I have learned to stay away from beer on trips. For reference sake, I graduated HS at 177. I have a feeling I have put a couple of lbs back on since coming home but that's OK.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Great job StuntMan! 51 lbs is an excellent accomplishment. How much better do you feel because of the weight loss? Do you have a lot more energy?

My fitness is staying on track. I did the 100 pushups for a month and noticed a major difference both in chest definition and strength. Since the month expired I went to 1 set of 50 pushups and 25 pullups a day which I can almost accomplish in 2 sets. I am also riding my road bike several times per week for a little over an hour each trip. I went on a fishing trip a week or so ago and came back weighing 176 which I am guessing was was an 8-10 lb loss (I don't weigh myself very often). I don't eat very much on fishing trips and I have learned to stay away from beer on trips. For reference sake, I graduated HS at 177. I have a feeling I have put a couple of lbs back on since coming home but that's OK.
    Feel much better, physically and mentally. I remember always feeling tired by mid afternoon and I would avoid going anywhere when I was around 300 because I didn't like the way I looked.

Great to hear your staying on track as well. It's not always easy.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Keep it going stuntman, you have lots of support on your journey, love reading the updates. Keep posting.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Jedi

51lbs... that's amazing! go to the grocery store, stack stack 50lbs of potatoes and pick it up. Perspective. Huge! Well done sir.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Keep it going stuntman, you have lots of support on your journey, love reading the updates. Keep posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    51lbs... that's amazing! go to the grocery store, stack stack 50lbs of potatoes and pick it up. Perspective. Huge! Well done sir.
    Thanks guys. I think the most weight I ever lost was 60 lbs back when I was about 13. I did that in 3 months ... could never do that now lol. I'm trying to catch my twin brother in weight but he keeps losing as well. He's 238 right now. On new years day he was 260.

Dobber Sports Ace

Congratulations buddy, keep up with the great work!!!!
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dude that's an incredible feat. Keep up the great work. Stay motivated. One of my favourite lines I use when I talk to people about this stuff is from The Equalizer. Progress, not perfection. Be happy with your accomplishments so far, but use that as fuel to keep you going.

I've been pushing a lot of my friends at work to keep working towards their fitness goals. I've gotten 5 people to sign up with Goodlife on our corporate plan and I push people to go. But it's not even necessarily about making people lose weight. In our world today we need to learn how to become more resilient to the stress and strain that life puts on us. One way we can do that is by fighting back and taking control of something. As people have mentioned already, exercising has effects beyond the physical - it helps you mentally, and the social interaction is great (especially if you have a gym buddy to go with).

We need to have more stories like this and help each other out more. This is a great story Stuntman, and I hope you continue to be an inspiration to all the folks here on the forums.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Awesome buddy. Keep it going.
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Feel much better, physically and mentally. I remember always feeling tired by mid afternoon and I would avoid going anywhere when I was around 300 because I didn't like the way I looked.

Great to hear your staying on track as well. It's not always easy.
    I know that feeling.

That's great to hear though. I am trying to lose about 25-30 pounds. I'm about 5'9 and 190. It's not going to be easy as I have fluctuated around the same weight range of 180-190 for 5 or 6 years despite trying to get the weight down. I am also slowly but surely going up in weight in the past 6 months, so the task could become much harder if I let it slide any longer. Could be slowing metabolism, but it's also likely just poor diet and the fitness has been spotty at best.

How I plan on fixing it: getting a gym membership as soon as I get back home on Monday. Weighing in more often. Put more effort into identifying foods that are healthier and keeping them in stock so I don't relapse and get takeout. I'm also going to try to get up earlier in the day so I am outside in the sun more - I feel once the sun goes down I start to get really sedentary so the more sun I see the more I will walk, presumably. I also use an app on my phone called S Health to keep track of my steps - 10,000 is my goal every day, which is good but I also wonder if that has discouraged me from going to the gym for more rigorous, time efficient exercise.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicAssassin0 View Post
    Awesome buddy. Keep it going.
    Thanks AA. Great to see you post again!

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I know that feeling.

That's great to hear though. I am trying to lose about 25-30 pounds. I'm about 5'9 and 190. It's not going to be easy as I have fluctuated around the same weight range of 180-190 for 5 or 6 years despite trying to get the weight down. I am also slowly but surely going up in weight in the past 6 months, so the task could become much harder if I let it slide any longer. Could be slowing metabolism, but it's also likely just poor diet, booze doesn't help and the fitness has been spotty at best.

How I plan on fixing it: getting a gym membership as soon as I get back home on Monday. Weighing in more often. Put more effort into identifying foods that are healthier and keeping them in stock so I don't relapse and get takeout. I'm also going to try to get up earlier in the day so I am outside in the sun more - I feel once the sun goes down I start to get really sedentary so the more sun I see the more I will walk, presumably. I also use an app on my phone called S Health to keep track of my steps - 10,000 is my goal every day, which is good but I also wonder if that has discouraged me from going to the gym for more rigorous, time efficient exercise.
    That is great to hear about you going to the gym. Something I need to start considering very soon. Been walking 1.5 hours a day and doing walking planks a few times a week but I feel like I'm stuck in the 250s lol. I'm sure you noticed this as well but man, losing weight in your late teens - early 20s is much easier than trying to lose in your late 20s - early 30s. I just turned 30 actually. 251.5 last week. I just want to see the 240s for the first time in 6 years.