Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Opt for non-caffeinated diet soda, or, even better, seltzer or soda water since it usually has fewer chemicals
    Riz, my go-to drink is seltzer with lime. Very refreshing. If I want a little added flavor, I add a tiny splash of cranberry juice - literally a few drops.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Nice job Stunt! Sounds like you are well on your way.

I am doing my own health journey. Was unkind to my body in my twenties and now at 32 am making necessary shifts to diet and exercise. I had jumped to somewhere around 235 lbs or so (5'11") before having a wake-up moment and have since trimmed about 20 lbs and added some muscle as well. Goal weight is somewhere around 190-195. Not usually an online poster but figured it can't hurt to put it out there. Appreciate reading others journeys.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I haven't been at this weight for almost 3 years now. I can feel a huge difference from when I was 303 I'll tell you that much!

These are my last 10 weigh ins. So far on the year I only lost 3+ lbs once. I'd rather it be 1-2.

278.1 -2.3
    277.1 -1
    276.4 -0.7
    273.8 -2.6
    271.7 -2.1
    270.2 -1.5
    270.1 -0.1
    267.4 -2.7
    266.1 -1.3
    264.2 -1.9
    So impressed Stuntman! Clearly, you are going about it the right way. Everyone wants to drop the weight quickly, but you are much more likely to keep the weight off by doing it exactly the way you are. Keep up the great work!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by kgray View Post

I am doing my own health journey. Was unkind to my body in my twenties and now at 32 am making necessary shifts to diet and exercise. I had jumped to somewhere around 235 lbs or so (5'11") before having a wake-up moment and have since trimmed about 20 lbs and added some muscle as well. Goal weight is somewhere around 190-195. Not usually an online poster but figured it can't hurt to put it out there. Appreciate reading others journeys.
    We're not far off in ages. I wasn't kind to my body in my 20s either. 29 years old right now. Haven't been 200 lbs since I was 20 but I could get there by the end of this year. Good luck on your journey!

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    So impressed Stuntman! Clearly, you are going about it the right way. Everyone wants to drop the weight quickly, but you are much more likely to keep the weight off by doing it exactly the way you are. Keep up the great work!
    I wish I could lose it quicker but am no longer in my teens ... lol. This gets harder the older you get I find. All is well so that is the main thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kgray View Post

We're not far off in ages. I wasn't kind to my body in my 20s either. 29 years old right now. Haven't been 200 lbs since I was 20 but I could get there by the end of this year. Good luck on your journey!

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I wish I could lose it quicker but am no longer in my teens ... lol. This gets harder the older you get I find. All is well so that is the main thing.

Dobber Sports Monster

I have another weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm already back in the 250's for the first time in about 3 years and at times I get anxiety about going down in pounds. I'm trying my hardest to lose the weight, but I have to get over the anxiety. It's like I'm afraid I'm losing it too fast since I'll be down almost 50 lbs in weight in 6 months. I know I've been averaging roughly 1.8 lbs per week which is within the recommended rate but I can't help but have that feeling lol.

I actually had to give away two of my jackets because they were getting too big on me. They were XXL and ended up giving them to one of my cousins and an older brother.

The Great One

I have another weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm already back in the 250's for the first time in about 3 years and at times I get anxiety about going down in pounds. I'm trying my hardest to lose the weight, but I have to get over the anxiety. It's like I'm afraid I'm losing it too fast since I'll be down almost 50 lbs in weight in 6 months. I know I've been averaging roughly 1.8 lbs per week which is within the recommended rate but I can't help but have that feeling lol.

I actually had to give away two of my jackets because they were getting too big on me. They were XXL and ended up giving them to one of my cousins and an older brother.
    Congratulations on your progress, that's really an amazing accomplishment!

Regarding your anxiety, I won't even pretend I'm qualified to give you advice - but what I will say is...if you are struggling with anxiety, don't be shy about talking to your family doctor. S/he will be able to tell you if you are approaching things in a good way and should be able to put your mind at ease. Knowledge is power.

We are rooting for you here and hope that you reach your ultimate goal.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Congratulations on your progress, that's really an amazing accomplishment!

Regarding your anxiety, I won't even pretend I'm qualified to give you advice - but what I will say is...if you are struggling with anxiety, don't be shy about talking to your family doctor. S/he will be able to tell you if you are approaching things in a good way and should be able to put your mind at ease. Knowledge is power.

We are rooting for you here and hope that you reach your ultimate goal.
    Thanks als_revenge! This journey has been one crazy ride and I totally understand when they say this is a marathon and not a sprint. My short term goal is to get under 250, I haven't seen the 240's in about 6 or 7 years now. In reality I think I'm approaching this very well with limiting how much I'm eating and walking an hour a day 5 x a week but I always associated losing weight with being unhealthy or theres something wrong. Also the last time I seen the doctor all my blood tests came back very good so that should put me at ease.

Dobber Sports Master

Thanks als_revenge! This journey has been one crazy ride and I totally understand when they say this is a marathon and not a sprint. My short term goal is to get under 250, I haven't seen the 240's in about 6 or 7 years now. In reality I think I'm approaching this very well with limiting how much I'm eating and walking an hour a day 5 x a week but I always associated losing weight with being unhealthy or theres something wrong. Also the last time I seen the doctor all my blood tests came back very good so that should put me at ease.
    Truly a milestone worth bragging about.

I haven't lost that much since you started this thread a year ago. I'm inconsistent at best, and fall off the wagon because of my far too many "treat myself" days. I am proud to say that my wife has done fabulous since this past March, and has lost 25 pounds using Weight Watchers as her guide. I've tried it too, but again am inconsistent. Too many unaccounted for points. Summer is coming, so maybe I can find something I can stick to.

But again, I'm so happy for you Stuntman. Keep it up.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Dobber Sports All-Star

Well done ST12! Keep it up.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Well done ST12! Keep it up.
    Thanks Godin. 257 this morning so that's -46 since New Years Day.

Administrator

Thanks Godin. 257 this morning so that's -46 since New Years Day.
    Now you know how to do it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Now you know how to do it.
    Yeah I remember last year when I was trying this I was spinning my wheels for the most part but I seem to got this down pact now! I notice a big difference looking in the mirror

Dobber Sports Titan

That is quite the amount loss, AND you've done it in a healthy matter. Way to go
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Every week that you diet successfully is a week further removed from your past unhealthy ways, and, with that, less risk of relapse. This is becoming your new normal, which is great.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/