Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    April 19: 297.2
    April 26: 296.5
    May 3rd: 295.1
    May 10th: 293.8
    May 17th: 291.5
    May 24th: 291.6
    May 31st: 288.4
    Congrats on the May 31st weigh-in buddy!! Keep it up SM! You won't always get the number you are looking/hoping for on a daily basis but it will work out in the long run if you stick to it!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

June 7th: 288.5

funny thing this week was probably the hardest i worked, walked 30 minutes 3 times a day for 4 days and only rested 2 days. All good, still staying focused nonetheless

Administrator

Life is testing you my friend!

Think of it this way: take two points about a month apart. Let's go May 10 (293.8) to June 7 (288.5). That's 5.3 pounds in about one month. Scale that up to a year and you drop 64 pounds which is amazing. You are making great progress regardless of plateaus.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Life is testing you my friend!

Think of it this way: take two points about a month apart. Let's go May 10 (293.8) to June 7 (288.5). That's 5.3 pounds in about one month. Scale that up to a year and you drop 64 pounds which is amazing. You are making great progress regardless of plateaus.
    thanks eric. you've been a great help indeed. Last wednesday i ate more than i usually do tho, i ate 3500 calories, then after that i kept eating 1800-2000. So this week I won't do that

Dobber Sports Giant

June 7th: 288.5

funny thing this week was probably the hardest i worked, walked 30 minutes 3 times a day for 4 days and only rested 2 days. All good, still staying focused nonetheless
    This is normal. Your body may be adjusting to your new weight (you did drop 10 pounds in less than 2 months; give yourself some credit for accomplishing that). Don't over-do it, but if what you're doing becomes ''easy'', then just kick it up a notch (ex: carry 5 lbs dumbbells while you walk and do some uppercuts). Just take it one step at the time and make sure not to go back to your old habits. You are on the right path SM; we're keeping you in check
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

The Wolverine

Well done and keep up the good work. As you know, even if you don't lose weight in a given week, you are still strengthening good habits and improving your health. Glad to hear that you continue to be focused no matter what the numbers say.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    This is normal. Your body may be adjusting to your new weight (you did drop 10 pounds in less than 2 months; give yourself some credit for accomplishing that). Don't over-do it, but if what you're doing becomes ''easy'', then just kick it up a notch (ex: carry 5 lbs dumbbells while you walk and do some uppercuts). Just take it one step at the time and make sure not to go back to your old habits. You are on the right path my friend; we are keeping you in check
    i wouldn't say the workouts are particularly easy, i make sure my heart rate is in the 145-155 range, if i go above that and exert myself i start to feel light headed. i kept aiming to burn 1000 calories a day on the treadmill. Going to get back at it today and wage war on obesity! attack attack attack!!

Dobber Sports Giant

i wouldn't say the workouts are particularly easy, i make sure my heart rate is in the 145-155 range, if i go above that and exert myself i start to feel light headed. i kept aiming to burn 1000 calories a day on the treadmill. Going to get back at it today and wage war on obesity! attack attack attack!!
    Ok, seems like you are pushing yourself which is good. Keep it up then; the current number on the scale may also be linked to water retention so take it with a grain of salt and keep staying active!

Minors:

The Great One

I agree with Eric - weekly weigh ins are to get data points and to assess what might have worked or not worked. You need those to occur to make sure things are trending well. But it's the monthly data that's key and what you should be focusing upon.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Ok, seems like you are pushing yourself which is good. Keep it up then; the current number on the scale may also be linked to water retention so take it with a grain of salt and keep staying active!
    very true. from what i remember, when i lost 50 lbs in 3 months when i was 13 (albeit it wasn't very healthy the way i did it) it seems way harder to shed the lbs lol. Then again I remember starving myself and be laying there with my arms on my stomach and having a hard time to sleep. Not a good way to do it

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I agree with Eric - weekly weigh ins are to get data points and to assess what might have worked or not worked. You need those to occur to make sure things are trending well. But it's the monthly data that's key and what you should be focusing upon.
    thanks for the input Rizz! I know now not to have no BS cheat day and eat more than i need. #BackOnTrack

Administrator

Another thing to consider is you're older so your body reacts differently. The two situations don't compare at all. This is more about changing your life than it is about pounds.

Dobber Sports Monster

Another thing to consider is you're older so your body reacts differently. The two situations don't compare at all. This is more about changing your life than it is about pounds.
    Great point. Back then I remember I wanted to shed the lbs so id look better for the ladies lolol. One thing I DO notice right now is the muscle build in my thighs.

Administrator

Your muscle is building, don't worry. This can happen a lot faster than you think. Huge benefits when the ladies start to take notice lol. I also dress differently which helps a ton. We'll get into that when you start having to buy new clothes. We're closer to that date than you think.

Dobber Sports Monster

Your muscle is building, don't worry. This can happen a lot faster than you think. Huge benefits when the ladies start to take notice lol. I also dress differently which helps a ton. We'll get into that when you start having to buy new clothes. We're closer to that date than you think.
    The one good thing is i have lots of good clothes that will fit me when i get down to 230-240. Still have a few jackets that i wore when i was 250 that are too small right now. Being 180-190 buying clothes and not being self conscious about my weight is the big goal here, and getting healthy