Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

I'm one of those people who's weight never changes, no matter what or how much I eat.

Super-high metabolism I guess, I'm between 145-150lbs and have been since I was about 20 (turn 46 in a couple weeks).
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Monster

Would you guys recommend doing push-ups everyday? I started off doing 50 a day. 10 at a time. Ive never done these before.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Would you guys recommend doing push-ups everyday? I started off doing 50 a day. 10 at a time. Ive never done these before.
    I believe doing anything positive is better than doing nothing. It'll help your arms/shoulders/chest and maybe other areas of your body depending on how you do them. I don't think it'll be a defining part of weight loss though. Since you're just getting started I recommend going with this mindset with regards to health, exercise, dieting, etc:

1) Do more things that are obviously good for you
    2) Do fewer things that are obviously bad for you

Pushups are going to help you overall so nothing wrong with adding them to your routine.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I believe doing anything positive is better than doing nothing. It'll help your arms/shoulders/chest and maybe other areas of your body depending on how you do them. I don't think it'll be a defining part of weight loss though. Since you're just getting started I recommend going with this mindset with regards to health, exercise, dieting, etc:

1) Do more things that are obviously good for you
    2) Do fewer things that are obviously bad for you

Pushups are going to help you overall so nothing wrong with adding them to your routine.
    I did a bit of researching and I see people say that push-ups wont help that much with weight loss, which is ok, I just want to do it to help me get stronger. I WANT BIG ARMS. 1000 a day is what I strive for one day lol. My brother use to do 500-1000 in highschool and his arms got fairly jacked.

Dobber Sports Star

I did a bit of researching and I see people say that push-ups wont help that much with weight loss, which is ok, I just want to do it to help me get stronger. I WANT BIG ARMS. 1000 a day is what I strive for one day lol. My brother use to do 500-1000 in highschool and his arms got fairly jacked.
    Pushups aren't the best way to get big arms either; they are more for your chest and shoulders. I do 150/day and I do not have very big arms lol

Administrator

It's a matter of deciding what you really want and what is more important to you and go for that.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Pushups aren't the best way to get big arms either; they are more for your chest and shoulders. I do 150/day and I do not have very big arms lol
    I want to work my way up to 500-1000 a day. I think my brother got up to doing 100 pushups x 5 or x 10. Forget now how many he would do but I just remember always bugging him that he was doing them wrong and he would say "STFU!" ...lol

It's a matter of deciding what you really want and what is more important to you and go for that.
    Good point. I think this falls under the category of what I do want and is important. I'll mix it in with my walking!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Push ups are great, but you will NOT get big arms from doing even 1000 a day. You want big arms, you need to pump those weights in a smart fashion. Do NOT just focus on your arms either, get yourself a full body weight training program and get to the gym. If you want big arms, you can't half ass the gym. If you hit the gym 4-5 days a week, you will also need to adjust your weight loss expectations. You might still lose weight, but weight training will help tone/shape your body in a way you will like, but the scale may not give you the number you were looking for.

My advice, get motivated to go to the gym and lift weights smartly. More weight, less reps (I would go 6-8 reps to build, 3 sets per exercise, 2-3 exercises per body part) will help build bigger muscles, but you will want to do the exercises properly. Form is so important. Now I'm just rambling. In addition to lifting weights, I always found push ups to be a great everyday toner. Full disclosure, the shorter you are, the easier push ups are...I'm not tall, so I find push ups relatively easy. Good luck tall guy!! lol
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Push ups are great, but you will NOT get big arms from doing even 1000 a day. You want big arms, you need to pump those weights in a smart fashion. Do NOT just focus on your arms either, get yourself a full body weight training program and get to the gym. If you want big arms, you can't half ass the gym. If you hit the gym 4-5 days a week, you will also need to adjust your weight loss expectations. You might still lose weight, but weight training will help tone/shape your body in a way you will like, but the scale may not give you the number you were looking for.

My advice, get motivated to go to the gym and lift weights smartly. More weight, less reps (I would go 6-8 reps to build, 3 sets per exercise, 2-3 exercises per body part) will help build bigger muscles, but you will want to do the exercises properly. Form is so important. Now I'm just rambling. In addition to lifting weights, I always found push ups to be a great everyday toner. Full disclosure, the shorter you are, the easier push ups are...I'm not tall, so I find push ups relatively easy. Good luck tall guy!! lol
    Thanks for the advice Comish! I'm not all that tall, I'm 5''10.5 to be exact!

Administrator

What is it that you really want though? Do you want to do a bunch of push ups? Have big arms? Have a healthy body/heart? All of the above?

Whatever it is that you want I would start by doing some real research to find what is best for you. Not just here, look for popular youtube channels or get connected with a personal trainer in your area that people close to you recommend. While doing something is better than nothing you should look to spend your time and energy in the most meaningful way possible. If you did 100k push ups over six months and hardly see any change would you lose interest and fall back into old habits?

The last thing we want for you is for this to be another start/stop experience that leaves you in the same place you started.

Dobber Sports Monster

What is it that you really want though? Do you want to do a bunch of push ups? Have big arms? Have a healthy body/heart? All of the above?

Whatever it is that you want I would start by doing some real research to find what is best for you. Not just here, look for popular youtube channels or get connected with a personal trainer in your area that people close to you recommend. While doing something is better than nothing you should look to spend your time and energy in the most meaningful way possible. If you did 100k push ups over six months and hardly see any change would you lose interest and fall back into old habits?

The last thing we want for you is for this to be another start/stop experience that leaves you in the same place you started.
    Very good points indeed eric. In the grand scheme of things all I really want is to look better, feel better.

Administrator

Very good points indeed eric. In the grand scheme of things all I really want is to look better, feel better.
    So whatever it is you dream to one day become, take steps NOW to get there. Start living that life immediately. You have everything you need to get there (time, determination, motivation, etc) and it's going to come down to your daily decisions. Eat better food, take time to exercise (including push ups if that's what you want to have in your routine) and develop yourself as a person. Take control of your life and make it happen.

Dobber Sports Monster

So whatever it is you dream to one day become, take steps NOW to get there. Start living that life immediately. You have everything you need to get there (time, determination, motivation, etc) and it's going to come down to your daily decisions. Eat better food, take time to exercise (including push ups if that's what you want to have in your routine) and develop yourself as a person. Take control of your life and make it happen.
    Exactly eric. I been eating very good the past 2 weeks here. I don't even crave fast food anymore. I had to force myself to eat lunch earlier. I could walk more than I am right now but have been busy with school lately.

Dobber Sports Monster

January 1: 303
    January 8: 300.5
    January 15: 300
    January 22: 296.1
    January 29: 294
    February 5: 292
    Feb 12: 289.3

I'm aiming for at least 2 lbs every week. Been taking it very serious since about week 3. I feel like I'm on a roll. Going to just keep doing what I'm doing, walk lots and eat good. Man I'm happy so far.

Dobber Sports Monster

Got some good consistency going lately. 286.8 this morning. -16.2 lbs on the year. I started a system around January 15 where I'll eat 2000 calories on the Monday after I weigh in, 1500 calories from Tuesday to Friday, then 1000 calories for Saturday and Sunday. I feel so much better already.