Thread: Odds are Thomas Steen won\'t get elected

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Odds are Thomas Steen won\'t get elected

I thought this was pretty funny. As mentionned on a previous post, ex-Winnipeg Jets Swedish sensation Thomas Steen is running to become a MP in the Elmwood-Transcona riding. Yves Boisvert of La Presse thought this was interesting and decided to enquire about the subject. It seems as if Steen doesn\'t stand a chance. He\'s running against NDP Bill Blaikie who has been reelected there since 1979. Steen counts on Dale Hawerchuck and Bobby Hull as his campain coordinators.

This is the funny part: Boisvert asked Steen if Hawerchuck and Hull are working hard in getting him elected. Steen responded by saying that they were at his golf tournament in August and that they were going to make appearances in the riding sometime before the election, but Steen is not sure when. Steen said that he and Hull were fishing together recently and that they had a good time together. Basically, they are his campain coordinators for publicity reasons, it\'s as simple as that. It\'s basically the same reason as why Steen wears a Winnipeg jersey on his websitehttp://www.thomassteen.ca/

Article in french http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/c...bobby-hull.php
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I do believe that MR. Bill Blaikie retired a few years back shortly after Jack Layton beat him for party leadership.I do agree his chances are pretty slim, I drove through there the other day and saw nothing but orange NDP signs.

Edit:NDP candidate seeking re-election is Jim Maloway.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks, the article says that it\'s one of the most NDP ridings in Canada and where Blaikie was reelected since 1979. It\'s a bit misleading. It does indeed talk about the sea of orange signs on people\'s lawns.
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.