Poll: Caps or Leafs

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Metropolitan Division Semi Final: (1) Washington Capitals vs (4) Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Metropolitan Division Semi Final: (1) Washington Capitals vs (4) Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    He's not as good as Hyman at winning board battles or retrieving loose pucks. Digging in the corners, etc.

Hyman is very underrated.
    Definitely not. But he is a hard worker and on those nights they need to ignite the offence maybe He'll get slotted in for a bit.

Love Hyman but boy does he have have hands of stone. Perfect bottom 6 guy.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Metropolitan Division Semi Final: (1) Washington Capitals vs (4) Toronto Maple Leafs

KK will eventually surpass Hyman on the depth chart. No doubt.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    KK will eventually surpass Hyman on the depth chart. No doubt.
    Over Mike Babcock's dead body!!!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I'm sure the Pens are quite happy with the return they got for him and the results of the trade. They would make that trade 100 times out of 100.
    Both sides would. Leafs got Andersen, Kapanen out of it. Penguins got kessel and a cup. Both sides love it
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Def a win-win for the Leafs & Pens.

Kessel was rotting away in Toronto, he deserved a better fate and he got it.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Game 3 predictions anyone? Important game here for the series (pivotal - they often say)

If Washington can come out and win big like 4-1 this series ends in 5.

If Washington wins in a close 1 goal game then they win is 6.

If Toronto wins this game the series is going 7 and Washington will be holding their sticks tight for the rest of the series.

Banned

Expect a two goal win at minimum from Washington

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Expect a two goal win at minimum from Washington
    I expected this in game 1 and game 2... and never got it. I sure hope you are right!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I expected this in game 1 and game 2... and never got it. I sure hope you are right!
    It's put up or shut up time for Washington. I expect them to come out flying. They don't want to be Embarrassed. For the record I had leafs winning one game this series.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Tonight should be great. I agree with Shiek...put up or shut up time for Washington. Watching the Penguins dominate CBJ has got to fuel them a little bit.

Will be interesting to see how the arena reacts if Caps get ahead though.

Dobber Sports Ninja

They probably rushed him back given hole left by Polak.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    They probably rushed him back given hole left by Polak.
    That's a tough line to toe. You want a guy in his position to be back as soon as he is ready for the playoffs, but when is he ready? That's the tough question when it comes to injuries like this and I'm never convinced they follow the rules as well as they should come playoff time.

Dobber Sports Titan

a 90% Zaits is better than a 100% Marchenko.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Washington also hasn't needed o try as hard this series. And rightfully so. There's no need for them to go all out balls to the wall in the first round against Toronto.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    LOL. Yes, of course. I'm sure Trotz's pre-game speech before Game 1 was... "Boys, no need for us to go balls to the wall in this round."

I certainly hope you're right though. That's definitely the best way for a team to get upset - easing up against a lesser opponent.
    Well I think psychologically the players will 100% think that way and look ahead to facing the penguins. But once they're down or tied then they'll try harder.

Washington doesnt need to be perfect or give 60 mins to beat Toronto and the players know that