Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Keep 5: Galchenyuk's stock is falling. Is he still my 5th keeper?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Keep 5: Galchenyuk's stock is falling. Is he still my 5th keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Huberdeau is definitely the guy I would be keeping, Radulov would be my second choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    is 70pts and 25 PIM really better than 60pts and 90PIM? That's the Kadri-Hubs comparison. Rads & Kadri will be closer in pim, but i'll give the edge to kadri...

Remember he put up 61pts with Brown and Komarov as his wingers for 90 of the season
    I responded after only the first page. I think Kadri is the right choice.

I also believe 65 points is Kadri's max upside.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdreed3184 View Post
    Don't you guys think Kadri's role changes moving forward? I see Kadri as a 50 point guy with his normal great peripherals.

I like Kadri as well - but in a keep 5, I'd be tempted to keep Hubs' points upside and re-draft PIM/FOW
    I almost always just points over peripherals. It's the hardest category to get. Hence my original Huberdeau choice. I'm fine with Kadri too though.

is 70pts and 25 PIM really better than 60pts and 90PIM? That's the Kadri-Hubs comparison. Rads & Kadri will be closer in pim, but i'll give the edge to kadri...

Remember he put up 61pts with Brown and Komarov as his wingers for 90 of the season
    I think the FOW is the tiebreaker, but it's more like 70 PTS and 40 PIMs vs. 60 PTS and 70 PIMs, in which case I would choose the extra 10 points.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think the FOW is the tiebreaker, but it's more like 70 PTS and 40 PIMs vs. 60 PTS and 70 PIMs, in which case I would choose the extra 10 points.
    if FOW is your tiebreaker than logically, would you not take the Centre - Kadri and not the winger - Hubs?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

if FOW is your tiebreaker than logically, would you not take the Centre - Kadri and not the winger - Hubs?
    Yea, I did amend my post to say Kadri is probably the right choice.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Yea, I did amend my post to say Kadri is probably the right choice.
    giddy-up
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

I guess when it comes down to it, will I even be in the running for PIM's? I wasn't last year. That category is so volatile week to week. A single fight and game misconduct usually wins the week and makes it harder to control. People stream in goons on some days just to get that PIM boost

McDavid and Seguin are Lady bing types but they slay it in PPP and offer well balanced G/A. They both abysmal in FOW though.

Some backstory, I sold my 2nd round pick for some playoff upgrades and ultimately came runner up. Which sucks, so I have a 1st rounder, but no 2nd AND I draft 2nd last in a snake draft..

I suspect in the 1st round of the draft, many will be fighting over goalies. I won't since I have 2 Keeper level goalies. Centers available in the 1st round will include Bergeron, Toews, Getzlaf, Wennberg,, Koivu, Mackinnon, Zetterberg, Lindholm, Turris, Staal. Some wingers available will be SImmonds, hoffman, Guentzel, Hall, JVR, E.Kane, Stone, Granlund

Defensemen available will be likely everyone but Burns/Karlsson and possibly Buff

I am trying to figure out which guys I have will be hardest to redraft. Where in the draft they will go.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Expert

Radulov will be drafted high. The hype of him playing at 5 on 5 with Benn/Seguin and on the PP with them will boost his draft value IMO.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Radulov may find a sweet spot if on a top line with Dallas and I'd keep him before Galch as well but overall I'd prefer Kadri

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Radulov will be drafted high. The hype of him playing at 5 on 5 with Benn/Seguin and on the PP with them will boost his draft value IMO.
    Absolutely. He seems like a prime candidate for being drafted well above where he should this season.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    This is another one of those scenarios where ill need to see what lines in preseason and stuff looks like.

Montreal's PP was pretty meh last year, but in fairness, Radulov was the highest scoring PP forward on the team.

Playing 2nd line or 3rd line, Eaves and Spezza still managed to outscore Radulov in PPP simply by virtue of playing with been/Seguin. Hitchcock generally was a good coach for PP

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Stud

Kadri's 90 PIM's is truly bolstered by that one game he got a game Misc and 20+ minutes of penalties.

Radulov takes a bunch of penalties too. Had 60+. I need to see how he gels with Seguin/Benn and if his PPP are going to skyrocket in preseason.

I am trying to decide if Kadri has peaked or not.

McDavid C