Thread: Nikita Filatov update

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Nikita Filatov update

From the Columbus Dispatch:

Filatov Returns

Center Nikita Filatov skated by himself this morning, his first session on ice since he was diagnosed with a hairline fracture of the right fibula.

Filatov will skate by himself on Friday and Saturday. He could join the group on Sunday, GM Scott Howson said. If all goes well -- he\'ll skate Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday -- Filatov could play next Thursday (home vs. Buffalo) or Friday (home vs. Minnesota).

-- Aaron Portzline

Well, two bits of good news in this. First, the \"old leg injury\" that he was suffering from is just a hairline fracture and not something that could linger like a muscle/ligament/joint problem. Second, the Blue Jackets are committed to giving him a good look in camp.

With the time lost accounted for, what odds to give Filatov for making the opening day roster?
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Guru

jeez, the dispatch should be paying dobber for all the traffic we\'ve been giving them lately.

i used to think that he\'d make the team, but i\'m changing my position.

the top two lines are set... they will include nash, juice, modin, RJ, brassard, and voracek. no way does hitch have a 3rd rookie in there. and i don\'t see a lot of added value to have filatov playing on the 3rd line with guys like chimera, malhotra, and torres.

the only way i think he makes this team is if someone in the top 6 gets hurt early... like modin.

Dobber Sports Stud

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    jeez, the dispatch should be paying dobber for all the traffic we\'ve been giving them lately.

i used to think that he\'d make the team, but i\'m changing my position.

the top two lines are set... they will include nash, juice, modin, RJ, brassard, and voracek. no way does hitch have a 3rd rookie in there. and i don\'t see a lot of added value to have filatov playing on the 3rd line with guys like chimera, malhotra, and torres.

the only way i think he makes this team is if someone in the top 6 gets hurt early... like modin.
    Sound logic in play there... hard to argue against, so I won\'t!

It\'s also not far-fetched to anticipate a Brassard injury at some point, too. I could also see Hitchcock getting annoyed with Huselius, and dropping his icetime a little.

But, I agree... an injury, or Filatov absolutely dominating next week (like he did in international play last year) is probably what it will take for him to make the opening day roster.
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks for the update. I really wanted to take him this year but I guess I\'m going to have to hope that none of the guys really know much about him next year, and then take him then.

It sounds like Brassard is the real deal.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Guru

beware the hype train with brassard and don\'t expect a patrick kane-like season.