Thread: Seen tonight...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Seen tonight...

Montreal\'s Mathieu Carle got his welcome to the NHL hit. Unfortunately, he doesn\'t know yet. Someone will have to tell him when he wakes up at the hospital!!!hmy:

Watched part of TOR-PIT on TSN... Oh dear! The season will be long and hard in Toronto. Ouch! They looked terrible tonight and Wilson\'s face said it all.:lol:

On the other side, Mr.Malkin gave a clinic. :woohoo: That guy has magic moves, right from the start. Goligoski was good and should get pro time, at least for 2 months...

The game itself was horrible and confused, nothing really impressed me. I\'ll leave you to the media for more details.

Montreal announced their 100th B-day activities and a few are interesting. Other then the all-star game, draft day and special games, a couple of associations are nice. I\'m looking forward to the special edition of 200 history cards from Upper Deck.

In order to fit in, I should organise a \"Dobber gettogether BBQ\" in Montreal next summer for draft day.B)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Seen tonight...

Oh man, I just traded for Mathieu Carle in the Dobber Pro division (for Matt Carle - a draft day mix up!):silly:
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Seen tonight...

The Comish wrote:
    Oh man, I just traded for Mathieu Carle in the Dobber Pro division (for Matt Carle - a draft day mix up!):silly:
    D\'oh !!!!
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Seen tonight...

Don\'t worry, he woke up on the ice a was taken out on a stretcher for safety. They took him to the hospital for test. According to the latest news on RDS, he took the plane back to MTL with the team and coach said it looked worst than it was. We\'ll know better tomorrow. You can see the video of the hit on RDS.ca/hockey (first item in \"zone video\" under the front page picture)

Anyway, if you traded Matt for Mathieu, I believe you went for future, no? You well know that Montreal\'s Carle is not starting the year here. Betting on that was risky.

Yet, I believe that giving away Matt Carle is a mistake you will soon regret. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, you must have good reasons to go for it.

Banned

Default Seen tonight...

poisons, you\'re fast becoming one of my favorite posters for your Habs-related insight and news

anything else on the young guys? my impression was that they started alot of the young guys in this game but that Price played? How did he look? How about the other prospects?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Seen tonight...

Unfortunately, I did not see the game, only the news reports (we have tons of them). Other then a soft glove on Detroit\'s first goal, Price was apparently very solid for the 2 periods he played.

Carbonneau played another batch of kids tonight, giving every kid a chance to show off during those 6 games in 7 days. We\'ll have a better view by the end of the weekend.

I\'ll get back to you after reading tomorrows paper.

Good night.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Seen tonight...

Poisons wrote:
    Anyway, if you traded Matt for Mathieu, I believe you went for future, no? You well know that Montreal\'s Carle is not starting the year here. Betting on that was risky.

Yet, I believe that giving away Matt Carle is a mistake you will soon regret. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, you must have good reasons to go for it.
    Thanks for being so nice. That would have been a very bad trade if it was for real. In one of our drafts for Dobber\'s three-tiered pools (Pro league), one of the guys accidentally took Mathieu Carle MTL, instead of Matt Carle from TB. So I drafted the \"real\" Matt Carle and traded him to the guy who made an honest mistake.

My team is a dummy team (took Dan Cloutier with my first pick, Alexei Zhamnov with my second:laugh: ). I am co-ordinating all three pools and by drafting a dummy team, I can closely monitor all transactions.

I really hope Mathieu recovers quickly from that big hit.

Good to have you on board Poisons!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Seen tonight...

In addition to last night comments,the morning papers reported the following;

- Chipchura; does not play well, bad coverage, lost 8 of 9 face offs, ruined a couple of off threats. Personaly, I think he\'s destined for defensive duties... elsewhere. I don\'t see how he could make the Habs, he\'s already been surpassed by a few.

+ Beauregard; Played with Lang & Latendresse and did not miss his chance, made great moves and helped tie the game to force overtime. Improving grades. Should have a good season in Hamilton.

+ D\'Agostini; an eye for the net, score a nice one on PP, created action in off zone, comes back on the backcheck which is a good thing with Gainey-Carbo. Already a few games in the big league so he should get a call later on.

+ Desjardins(G); releived Prince for 3rd & overtime, shut out the Wings and closed the door in OT, was amasing solid in the SO stopping 4 Wings. Will jump to the AHL with other ECHL winners. Might be a good long shot surprise for the futute.

Kovalev pulled a groin yesterday (he\'s the 4th this week!!!), preventively sidelined... Markov had a great game, Lang too...

To show you the crazyness of Quebec fans, there were more poeple Roberval (small remote village that won the CBC-Kraft Hockeyville contest) than last night in Hockeytown(!)
    hmy: