View Poll Results: How many points will Krug score on average?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • <50

3 27.27%
  • 50-55

6 54.55%
  • 55-60

2 18.18%
  • 60-65

0 0%
  • 65+

0 0%

Thread: Torey Krug Going Forward

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Torey Krug Going Forward

Picked up Krug in a trade at very beginning of this year. Liked his shot totals and saw his low shooting %, so had him figured for a nice 45-50 point D man who would fill the SOG category up. He has really turned it up a notch though, with 23 points in 27 games since the New Year (70 point pace). Surely that is a pace he can't keep up long term, but how many points do we think he scores per year going forward?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Torey Krug Going Forward

As he takes over PP1 I think he has a legit shot to hit 50+ points more than not. It's almost impossible to project a Dman hitting it every year or above 60pts in any given season
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    As he takes over PP1 I think he has a legit shot to hit 50+ points more than not. It's almost impossible to project a Dman hitting it every year or above 60pts in any given season
    I believe he's already been PP1 virtually the entire year, no?

The Great One

If Boston signs Shattenkirk, then Krug's value will take a hit. Otherwise, he'll have a downside minimum of 45 points per year with, as luca noted, a more realistic chance at 50+ each year and perhaps a shot at 55 if Boston's offense stays like it's been during Cassidy's sort tenure. Remember - Julien stressed a more disciplined approach, and it had been nearly a decade since any Bs forward scored even 70 points in a campaign. That affects d-man output.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    If Boston signs Shattenkirk, then Krug's value will take a hit.
    Please no. Go to New York or stay with Washington, Shatty. Stay away from Bawston!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I believe he's already been PP1 virtually the entire year, no?
    His PP time is the same as last year a well 3:17. Chara's has dropped to :36. So he's the legit #1 option now. I do believe he has been for the whole season, but more comfortable in his role.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

After a slow start he sure has picked it up. If he is #1 PP he should be a lock for the 50-55 projection with a +/- 10pts for the next 4-5 years. If they sign Shatty then all bets off.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    After a slow start he sure has picked it up. If he is #1 PP he should be a lock for the 50-55 projection with a +/- 10pts for the next 4-5 years. If they sign Shatty then all bets off.
    Hopefully they decide that they already have a Shatty in Krug and decide to spend money elsewhere. Or Shatty just prefers to go elsewhere.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Hopefully they decide that they already have a Shatty in Krug and decide to spend money elsewhere. Or Shatty just prefers to go elsewhere.
    If Shatty really didn't take a deal to then sign with Edmonton or Tampa, it's clear he's going for the big payday. In that case, odds are it'll be the Rangers or Boston.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/