Thread: Dobber, you have OFFICIALLY screwed me

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Dobber, you have OFFICIALLY screwed me

i have feared this day for 2 yrs and it is finally here. i picked up \"the hockey news ULTIMATE POOL GUIDE\" that hit stores on friday. as i am flipping thru the pages i come across a half page colour ad of dobberhockey.com. you see, as much as i know things around here are growing in leaps and bounds i always prayed/fool myself into thinking that some way, some how i could keep this place a secret from my fellow poolies.

well that dream is out the window. seeing that ad (all professional and shit) really made me realize how big this thing has become and it is only a matter of time before my secret is out. i first found this site off a link from a piece of yours in the \"hockey news\". that was 2 yrs ago and alot of great things have happened around here since. up until now i only know of 1 other guy in my pool (keeper league of 16) that i suspect knows about this site. that will all change because everybody reads that mag. (even tho it\'s average at best).

thanks for 2 yrs of solid advice (minus vrbata last yr). even tho the secret is out i will keep coming back because there isn\'t a site that can touch this one as far as fantasy hockey goes and that\'s not kissin ass, it\'s just a fact.

I...am your father.

Default Re:Dobber, you have OFFICIALLY screwed me

Well........I was relying on word of mouth, but that wasn\'t working out too well! Everyone keeps their mouth zipped about the site!

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hang in there Myth. There is always Dobbcon (consulting) that is still a secret - for a mere 100 bucks you can give Dobber the password to your team and league and he will go in and analyze things for you and make a list of suggestions for you. :whistle:

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Dobber wrote:
    Well........I was relying on word of mouth, but that wasn\'t working out too well! Everyone keeps their mouth zipped about the site!

B)
    Not true Dobber - so one recent night I go down to the local watering hole to chat with my expat buddies about fantasy hockey - lo & behold there at the table is a guy wearing a Dobber t-shirt! Yes, in frigging Asan, South Korea. Right! such a big secret!

I...am your father.

True story?hmy:

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yup

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

that is awesome. :laugh:
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Genius

Shoeless wrote:
    Hang in there Myth. There is always Dobbcon (consulting) that is still a secret - for a mere 100 bucks you can give Dobber the password to your team and league and he will go in and analyze things for you and make a list of suggestions for you. :whistle:
    if this is true it\'s awfull tempting!congrats dobber , as they say \"go big or stay home\".just hope that things do\'nt grow too big that we\'ll all have to find another diamond in the rough , i know bite my tongue right.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Ninja

I prefer the guys in my pool to be knowledgeable. It helps prevent stupid trades that cause me so much grief every year.

Do you know how frustrating it is to try and trade a guy like Brad Richards who had a sub-par year last year? I was gunning for first and one of my assets I had to trade was Richards. Very hard to find a dance partner when half your pool thinks he\'s on par with Prospal.

It\'s not about the money, it\'s about the competition.

Post edited by: The Comish, at: 2007/08/13 06:22
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

I...am your father.

FYI - I stuck this ad in the pics section, if anyone wants to see it.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Dobber wrote:
    FYI - I stuck this ad in the pics section, if anyone wants to see it.
    Why would I want to see it? I have ripped enough of them out of magazines on the shelves at the local Shoppers here...working my way around London now ripping them out too!

Just when I thought it was going good Dobber...you have to pull out this ad!

Kidding of course...well...kind of.
    12 Team H2H - Keep 8+2 NHL Rookies

G(1), A(1), GWG(1), SHG(1), HT(2), W(2), SO(3)

Weekly Line-ups - Start 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

F: Crosby, Stepan, Gaudreau, Puljujarvi, Radulov, Wheeler, Buchnevich, Burakovsky, Domi, Fiala, Hertl, A. Nylander, Reinhart, B. Ritchie
    D: Carlson, Giordano, Leddy, Ellis, Maatta, Orlov
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov

09/10 and 10/11 Champion
    08/09 and 11/12 Runner-up

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Good for you Dobbs...go get \'em I say. You had the balls to do what I always wanted to, and I appreciate you taking the time to put exactly what I need in one place. I am not scared of other poolies knowing the site cause having the info is one thing...knowing how to apply it is another. Keep up the great work and I hope the ad only brings you enough coin to allow you to continue to focus on the site 100%. Cause if thats the case, we all are better off!

P.S...when you make it huge and start employing your own scouts I am in...shit who am I kidding..i\'ll do it for free!

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks Dobbs, I have to change to my name again because of this... at least until after our draft. So yea.... I\'ll be back (in my true form) by mid september at the latest.

I have also changed my signature and avatar.... WEAK
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

I...am your father.

Miqualle wrote:
    . I am not scared of other poolies knowing the site cause having the info is one thing...knowing how to apply it is another.

Exactly.

Hell - most of the guys in my other pools read this site and I can\'t hide who I am! I am not afraid. The only downside is that they are a little more cautious in trades when it\'s me on the other end. Otherwise, bring \'em on!B)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Congrats Dobber - the site has grown in leaps and bounds in the year or so since I found it. Just compare this year\'s pool guide to last year\'s \"supplemental\"...

I guess quitting your day job was the right idea!
    "If the all star game is about showing off ur skills. If I was in the breakaway competition, I'd dump it in and change."
    -Paul Bissonette, "BizNasty2point0", on Twitter, January 30, 2011