Thread: What for Darling?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default What for Darling?

I own Lundqvist, Crawford, Greiss and I'm looking at a round 1 matchup where Chicago has a home and home vs Toronto and COLORADO!!

Given this recent bug Crawford has had, plus Darling's great play.....how much is too much to offer for him?

The Darling owner asked for my 3rd round pick in a keep 8......is that too much??

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: What for Darling?

I definitely think that's a lot to ask for a backup goalie that you are targeting just for one start. As good as Darling has been, I would look elsewhere for much cheeper if you want to burn a roster spot on a one-start-a-week backup goalie.

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely think that's a lot to ask for a backup goalie that you are targeting just for one start. As good as Darling has been, I would look elsewhere for much cheeper if you want to burn a roster spot on a one-start-a-week backup goalie.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well....the start plus an insurance policy since Crawford hasn't been the most healthy goalie.

But I know what you mean....

Dobber Sports Wizard

A 3rd in a keep 8 is way too much for Darling. If that's the price, just say thanks and move on.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

The Great One

Would like to think you can acquire better for that pick but that Darling owner has you over a barrel otherwise... F this was a keep all I'd have no problem with it as I wonder what happens to him next year, but it isn't so it depends what you think you can do? If you think he can be the difference between winning and losing it all I'd hate to miss out on a championship but if you have even a shadow of doubt over winning it the. I stand pat

- - - Updated - - -

Would like to think you can acquire better for that pick but that Darling owner has you over a barrel otherwise... F this was a keep all I'd have no problem with it as I wonder what happens to him next year, but it isn't so it depends what you think you can do? If you think he can be the difference between winning and losing it all I'd hate to miss out on a championship but if you have even a shadow of doubt over winning it the. I stand pat
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I ended up not going higher than a 6th and he didn't accept.

Dobber Sports Expert

Can we get some details about your league and also who might be available at that point of the draft?

Dobber Sports Titan

Good thing since Darling is hurt now anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Yes, he is out for three weeks.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Good thing since Darling is hurt now anyways.
    Omg so glad.